Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:30 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Every American legal gun owner should place photos of themselves with their guns on social media sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 07:35 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
he suthroiuties did nothig wrong nor was the father respose wrong.Certainly m not a raid o his home as Op suggetsed.l They have a job to do on complaint and responded reasoable byvivitng the home.Nothing here really.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:36 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The barrel does have that bore. But if you fire that big of a slug, up would damage the barrel from stress. the barrel wall thickness on shot guns are thinner than rifles and hand guns.
The slug inside the shell by law can be no bigger than .50, with packing and the plastic casing.

It is not a good idea to shoot slugs all the time, they cause a lot of wear.

a 20 gauge slug is .44 Remington and .46 Federal
My 12-gauge shotgun is loaded with .65 caliber sabot slugs. I have been shooting slugs threw that shotgun for over 20 years without any problems.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:45 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Ridiculous hyperbole much?
Either that or decent sarcasm.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Handloaders and Reloaders can get around the law governing shells for consumer purchase.

A bullet that big is not illegal to buy. A cartridge loaded with that size projectile for purchase, one must have a permit from the king.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:04 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You did the right thing. Like I said, any time police have to ask your permission then answer must always be "no." If they had the legal authority they would not be asking for your permission. Just the fact that they asked your permission should have bolstered your confidence that you were in the right, regardless of their intimidation tactics.
The thing you've got to remember and I know it's hard to do when facing a badge is that you will NOT get in any more trouble by making them follow the laws and in most cases you'll bolster the odds of ending up walking away. Understand this, they depend on FEAR!

I've found if they cuff you odds are about 60/40 or 70/30 you're going to be taking a ride and nothing you do is going to change that but what it can change is if you stay or go home.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:05 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,652 times
No, not much. I was being sincere. Not as ridiculous as you might think!

Police gun down 83-year-old woman responding to 911 call she dialed - NY Daily News

Quote:
Ridiculous hyperbole much?

Old 03-20-2013, 08:33 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The thing you've got to remember and I know it's hard to do when facing a badge is that you will NOT get in any more trouble by making them follow the laws and in most cases you'll bolster the odds of ending up walking away. Understand this, they depend on FEAR!

I've found if they cuff you odds are about 60/40 or 70/30 you're going to be taking a ride and nothing you do is going to change that but what it can change is if you stay or go home.
I absolutely agree. Intimidation is one of their chief tools. So the trick is not to be intimidated by the badge, uniform, firearm, or their authority. Know your rights and adhere to them. It may tick them off, and they may make threats (also part of their intimidation arsenal), but stand your ground.

I will say it again, any time law enforcement asks your permission to do anything, refuse to give that permission. If you are not driving a motorized vehicle, you are not required to provide any form of ID other than your full legal name. Then shut the hell up, answer no further questions. The onus is on law enforcement to verify your identity, you need prove nothing.

Every few seconds ask the law enforcement officer (politely, or at least professionally) if you are free to leave. DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ELSE! During a Terry Stop, the law enforcement officer can legally detain you until they have verified the information (your name) you gave them. They can even handcuff you, ostensibly for their protection, until they are done. It may be an inconvenience to you, but they have no right to any additional information, and the Supreme Court agrees.

Law enforcement is not your friend. If they had a court-issued warrant or probable cause to arrest you or search your residence or vehicle, they would. They do not need your permission, and they certainly would not ask.

If they are going to cuff you, let them. It is another intimidation tactic. Do not resist or give them any excuse to escalate the matter further. Say nothing and remember everything.

Last edited by Glitch; 03-20-2013 at 08:42 PM..

Old 03-20-2013, 09:09 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
No, not much. I was being sincere. Not as ridiculous as you might think!

Police gun down 83-year-old woman responding to 911 call she dialed - NY Daily News
Here's a quote from a follow up story;
Quote:
According to a statement by Virginia State Police, who are now investigating the incident, "The officers approached the woman, commanding her repeatedly to put down her weapon. She refused to comply and pointed her weapon at the officers." That, state police say, is when one of the officers shot Towler.
Your assertion is every bit as ridiculous as I thought. A fact borne out by your attempt to pass off this new story as proof of the ridiculous assertion.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:39 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,652 times
You're just one of the sheeple that thinks cops won't kill innocent people in their own home! Believe what you want!

Double Amputee Shooting: Matthew Jacob Marin, Houston Officer, Kills Man In Wheelchair, Police Say

Quote:
Here's a quote from a follow up story;

Your assertion is every bit as ridiculous as I thought. A fact borne out by your attempt to pass off this new story as proof of the ridiculous assertion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies