Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

What a bunch of scumbags we have running the country.

US unblocks $500M for Palestinians - Israel News, Ynetnews

US unblocks $500M for Palestinians

Old 03-24-2013, 08:25 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,573,520 times
And $200 mil for Jordan - and worth every penny, given how important King Abdullah is to us.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:25 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
I'll top both of those for you, guys:

No White House tours, but $3 billion in aid every year to Israel.

Bet that Israeli news source didn't make public the gripe over the $2.63 billion the U.S. gave to Israel in military grants alone, in addition to the economic aid of $360 million this year.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:27 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Yep, nothing like propping up the Israeli economy.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:45 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yep, nothing like propping up the Israeli economy.

Actually, to this administration, there is nothing more important than giving our money to other nations rather than use it to fix our own domestic problems.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Actually, to this administration, there is nothing more important than giving our money to other nations rather than use it to fix our own domestic problems.
I like to bash current administrations as much as the next guy, but we've been giving an average annual grant to Israel of $3 billion since 1985 (Ronald Reagan). Obama isn't doing anything out of the norm with U.S. Foreign Policy.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
I like to bash current administrations as much as the next guy, but we've been giving an average annual grant to Israel of $3 billion since 1985 (Ronald Reagan). Obama isn't doing anything out of the norm with U.S. Foreign Policy.
Previous administrations did not have to deal with the self imposed sequestration.

Additionally, just because one administration did something similar does not make it the right thing to do. Especially when they ignore their current domestic situation.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Additionally, just because one administration did something similar does not make it the right thing to do. Especially when they ignore their current domestic situation.
You could literally argue the exact same thing about any of the previous administrations going back through Reagan if you wanted to. This is precisely what we're voting for when we're re/electing leaders that across the board believe that it is their business to police the world whilst making policy and taxing later. If you're hoping to see this philosophy begin to change any time soon, start looking at Libertarian leaders like Gary Johnson, Ron Paul, etc. If you voted for Romney instead of Obama, there's really no reason to complain because you were voting for very little deviation.

In addition, the blame for why we prop up Israel has to also go to the voters that would vilify U.S. foreign policy for not doing so, i.e. your Religious Right and moral voters that tend to have a love-affair with Israel. We need to change WHY we vote for our leaders in this country.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
You could literally argue the exact same thing about any of the previous administrations going back through Reagan if you wanted to. This is precisely what we're voting for when we're re/electing leaders that across the board believe that it is their business to police the world whilst making policy and taxing later. If you're hoping to see this philosophy begin to change any time soon, start looking at Libertarian leaders like Gary Johnson, Ron Paul, etc. If you voted for Romney instead of Obama, there's really no reason to complain because you were voting for very little deviation.

In addition, the blame for why we prop up Israel has to also go to the voters that would vilify U.S. foreign policy for not doing so, i.e. your Religious Right and moral voters that tend to have a love-affair with Israel. We need to change WHY we vote for our leaders in this country.
Nice attempt to assign motivations to someone you know nothing about.

How about you, who did you vote for? I have voted the straight Libertarian party for the last several elections. I favor and support smaller government, less interface with the entire world (until we get our own house in order) and strict term limits for our congress critters. Still looking for someone truly worth supporting, and you named none that I would give total allegiance to.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Nice attempt to assign motivations to someone you know nothing about.

How about you, who did you vote for? I have voted the straight Libertarian party for the last several elections. I favor and support smaller government, less interface with the entire world (until we get our own house in order) and strict term limits for our congress critters. Still looking for someone truly worth supporting, and you named none that I would give total allegiance to.
I didn't proclaim you as anything. I said that if you were against the philosophy of our failed U.S. foreign policy, then you're looking for a candidate that is more in line with our way of thinking.

I voted for Gary Johnson. I'll never agree with any candidate on all issues, but I found him to be someone truly worth supporting, as idealistic as that may be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies