Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 12:05 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How does that give us control over anyone ?????
You can't possibly be that naive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 05:34 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Wow, thats how you look at the deaths at newtown ?
No, that's how the despicable liberals like Feinstein and Obama look at it. If their recently proposed gun control legislation is so important why did they wait until after Newtown to push for it?

Old 03-25-2013, 05:37 AM

Quote:
I honestly do not understand why conservatives think that enacting something that had already been in place just 9 years earlier is in any way taking away your rights. The Supreme Court has already ruled that it doesnt.

Democrats were not using this to their advantage, they saw a dangerous situation and sought a solution that would protect the citizens of this nation.

are you actually arguing that democrats want to take your guns away for the hell of it ? How would that help democrats ?
The 1994 assault weapons ban accomplished nothing which is why it was allowed to expire. Why would they think the results would be different now? Yes- this gun control legislation is all about controlling citizens, which liberals love to do, rather than stopping crimes.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
The number of people buying guns isn't on the rise, those with guns already are buying more of them.
That's not true at all. I work as a firearms instructor and we have mandatory training to get licensed here in Mass. Our numbers for student enrollment are at an all time high.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You can't actually believe that anyone wants to take away your right to own a gun. They are talking about regulation. Most things in this country are regulated why should guns be exempt from that.
Feinstein discussing assault weapons ban in 95: If I could have gotten the votes for an outright ban, I would have done it | MRCTV

Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
You republicans have made an argument for about 20 years that gun control is devastating to Democrats. if this was about politics, then Democrats would stay miles away from it.

it wasnt just about Newton, It was about Aurora,Tuscon, Chicago and Oak Creek.

But i would like to know, what exactly do anti gun people have to gain other than the safety of the people in their communites ?

In all those shootings, a rifle was not used. A handgun was used. Why are they going after big bad black rifles?

Old 03-25-2013, 06:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The 1994 assault weapons ban accomplished nothing which is why it was allowed to expire. Why would they think the results would be different now? Yes- this gun control legislation is all about controlling citizens, which liberals love to do, rather than stopping crimes.

It is not about justice. It is all about the ability to control.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:21 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
When considering the liberal response to the tragic events at Newtown and other places only supports Lady Jessica of Dune comment that "Fear is the mind killer..." None of the proposed gun controls would have made any difference in these incidents. Some Liberals simply are too frightened by these events to realize that there are no laws that will stop the criminally insane from obtaining weapons and committing atrocities. To admit that some people are completely outside of any legal control frightens some people silly. They are simply unable to face the fact that the world is a dangerous place and nothing they can do will change that. Nothing!

I consider myself to be a political and economic liberal and I do not understand my fellow liberals mindset except to accept they are not thinking very clearly. IMHO the only way of protecting yourself and the people, including the children you are responsible for, is to be ready for the assault and be able to stop it before any damage is done. This means being personally armed and providing armed protection for the children.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:22 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Intervening in what? So far as I know, there have been no new gun control laws enacted since Newtown.

Uhh, you haven't been following laws in NY or Colorado then have you?

Old 03-25-2013, 08:10 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Wow, thats how you look at the deaths at newtown ?
This has to be the most childish post, EVER!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies