Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 11:21 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,206,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Looks like Johnny Drama has arrived.
WOW I haven't heard Johnny Drama's name mentioned since grade school!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 11:23 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,729,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Let me help you out:
In video, kids beg for White House tours | WashingtonExaminer.com

The Sequester Cut of White House Tours Equals 2 Hours of Air Force One - Forbes

So two kids could do a staycation for Spring Break and let hundreds/thousands others visit the White House with the money saved. Or they could just jet off to the Bahamas and leave all those other kids locked outside the gates.
I know it's a tough choice. It's been a whole month since their last vacation to Aspen, and three months since they went to Hawaii, poor dears.
Prove that the money spent on the president's daughters' vacation could have restored WH tours.

Prove that that same money could have prevented these cuts.

And make sure that you let your elected reps know that they have no business taking their own vacations at taxpayer expense when kids are "locked out of the WH."

"As the American people brace themselves for an $85 billion budget cut over the next 10 months Congress is eying a two-week vacation starting March 22, just five days before the nation’s funds runs dry.
According to the Library of Congress' calendar, the 113th Congress has worked just 23 days of the 60 days since the 112th Congress’ conclusion, one widely known on record now as having been the least productive of them all according to a recent summary of their work.

Sequester: Congress to take two-week vacation on March 22, even though money runs out on March 27 | Mail Online

And, whatever y'all do, make sure that your own kids know that there will be no Spring Break for them while kids cannot take WH tours.

Oh, and while you and the rest of the kings and queens of false equivalency are at it, prove that you were just as up in arms about this:

This week in history: Ronald Reagan fires 11,345 air traffic controllers | Deseret News

545 posts, read 400,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
,those people know it's corporate greed that's the real problem.
Who are you to say what is greed and not?. At least that is being done by private funds. Funds that had to be earned. Where as here, its done at the taxpayer expense. And why isn't this government greed? Is greed only limited to the private sector?. You know, to those who have to go out and work for it because they can't pass laws that demands the wealth of others via taxes while siphoning off some of it for their own personal use.

And it has been warned that Obamacare was going be bad for businesses. You can't do something that was foretold to be bad for businesses, do it anyway and when businesses react negatively, deem them "greedy". And its far too widespread to say everyone is just being "greedy". I mean if everyone can recognize the problem and not you, then maybe you are the one with the problem.

11,579 posts, read 13,962,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
WOW I haven't heard Johnny Drama's name mentioned since grade school!
Guess you never watched Entourage.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:24 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,736,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I dunno..maybe cause it's their third vacation this year at enormous tax payer expense ?

Hawaii-Aspen-Bahamas.
If the country was doing great, I would be fine with that.
But when you are locking other people's children out of the White House while sending your children on their third lavish vacation in 3 months, it's just wrong. This is taxpayers' money. Taxpayers should not be locked out.
Hell, his family doesn't even have to sacrifice. Multiple people have come forward and offered to pay for the tours. But Obama's still throwing his temper tantrum on the floor and won't do anything different until he gets his way.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:24 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,044,919 times
If we are paying for it, we have every right to complain. Why doesn't the friggin Obamas pay for it? They have the money

Old 03-25-2013, 11:26 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,736,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Prove that the money spent on the president's daughters' vacation could have restored WH tours.

Prove that that same money could have prevented these cuts.

Did you even read the post you quoted? I linked an article showing the White Hours tours equalled 2 hours on Air Force One. Do you think Sasha and Malia flew commercial to the Bahamas?

Old 03-25-2013, 11:27 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,095,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
If we are paying for it, we have every right to complain. Why doesn't the friggin Obamas pay for it? They have the money
No. You're really not. The costs associated with the Secret Service are primarily sunk costs that incur regardless of whether or not the first family travels.

The incremental costs are paid by Obama.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I dunno..maybe cause it's their third vacation this year at enormous tax payer expense ?Hawaii-Aspen-Bahamas.
Like I said: Envy is a powerful emotion. I am glad it does not plague my life.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:31 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,774,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
so, what's the faux outrage over? I see them taking a vacation.
outrage? Who is outraged. It's news just like Obama golfing during the sequestration debate is news. Not everyone cries Armageddon or the end of the world. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies