Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 02:01 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,278,409 times

Advertisements

Nearly 100% of people under 30 support gay marriage. It's mostly old angry white men in the South who are still stuck in the 1950s believing marriage is between a man and a woman.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:03 PM

16,734 posts, read 15,739,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTED View Post
This is mostly a rant post. I'm personally sick of the gay talk, sick of the gay agenda being crammed down my throat, and sick of the media and internet presenting the lie that almost everyone thinks gay marriage is wonderful and normal, and you are an uneducated backwoods bigot if you dare to oppose this.

I was listening to NPR today at lunch, and they made it sound like the only opposition to gay marriage are a few extreme sects of Christianity. This is nonsense. It would not be a controversial divided issue if this were true. Then CNN presents their story of the one backwoods Mississippi town where gays aren't welcome or whatever as if only uneducated rednecks are the ones who don't approve of the lifestyle.

I'm sick of the twisting of the Bible to make it appear that there is absolutely nothing wrong with gay marriage. The Bible couldn't be more plain on the topic. Verses like Romans 1:26-27 clearly show that God does not approve of the act, and certainly won't approve of gay marriage. I am not a bigot because I exercise my religious freedom to actually believe in the Bible.
Where is the gay agenda posted? I've heard that phrase, but I'm not sure what is included on the agenda.

I have seen news items that state that over 50% of Americans approve of same sex marriages, but I haven't seen any information to think it was anything other than a small majority (like 51-53%). To make such a rant, you surely have a link to the "almost 100% of Americans," don't you?

In actuality, your quoted verse from Romans would seem to indicate a prohibition on anal sex, although some say it should be correctly translated to mean ritual sex with temple prostitutes. Assuming that your version is the correct translation, how did you get from the ban on anal sex to the ban of gay marriages? What was the thought process? Obviously, based on those verses in Romans, lesbian couples are OK, right? What about celibate couples?

BTW, what does your view of the Bible have to do with American law? Since you exercise your religious freedom (to believe in the Bible), I assume you support everyone's right to exercise their religious freedom too; believe what they want, whether that be pagan, Buddhist, Mormon, Scientology, Jehovah's Witness, atheist, or pastafarianism. Right?

Old 03-25-2013, 02:03 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,499,840 times
Quote:
I was listening to NPR today at lunch, and they made it sound like the only opposition to gay marriage are a few extreme sects of Christianity. This is nonsense. It would not be a controversial divided issue if this were true. Then CNN presents their story of the one backwoods Mississippi town where gays aren't welcome or whatever as if only uneducated rednecks are the ones who don't approve of the lifestyle.
It's certainly headed in that direction.

Quote:
I'm sick of the twisting of the Bible to make it appear that there is absolutely nothing wrong with gay marriage. The Bible couldn't be more plain on the topic. Verses like Romans 1:26-27 clearly show that God does not approve of the act, and certainly won't approve of gay marriage. I am not a bigot because I exercise my religious freedom to actually believe in the Bible.
No, you are a bigot for picking and choosing what you want to believe in the Bible in order to point the finger at others. (I suspect you haven't sold everything you own and given it to the poor, judging by the fact that you're still ranting on the internet.)

Old 03-25-2013, 02:11 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,167,285 times
Down your throat, OP? Is some entity forcing you to marry a person that is the same gender as you? People are disgusted of the Bible being referenced and using it as a tool to deny equal rights to law abiding citizens.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 03-25-2013 at 02:28 PM..

Old 03-25-2013, 02:20 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,266,020 times
There is no such thing as a "gay agenda" (and by the way, I am straight). Gay people exist, they have always existed and always will, and they are looking to be treated with the same rights and respect that straight people have. That's it. It's impossible to imagine that the OP doesn't already have gay friends or family members; once he or she sees that, denying them rights will begin to look like the crime that it is.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:20 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,278,409 times
America is no longer a Christian nation. This is a post-Christian nation and the Bible and its values are disgusting to most Americans, especially those under 30. You can't expect a nation like this to consider the Bible when making its laws.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:25 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,187,143 times
Quote:
Translation: "My religion should be the only source of laws in this country because I say so."

I pity people who feel that their flavour of religion should mean a damn to the US government. Why? Because it's painfully obvious that their upbringing did not include any sort of lesson on history. And if they did, it's obvious that their brains are incapable of comprehending or understanding the lessons therein. History is much like an endless waltz.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:26 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,266,020 times
America NEVER WAS a Christian nation. Read your constitution!!!! It is a SECULAR nation. Those of us who aren't Christian can't stand the lie that this EVER WAS a Christian nation.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:28 PM

16,734 posts, read 15,739,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
America is no longer a Christian nation. This is a post-Christian nation and the Bible and its values are disgusting to most Americans, especially those under 30. You can't expect a nation like this to consider the Bible when making its laws.
Yup! That was made clear with the passage of the Bill of Rights in 1791. The United States has always been a secular nation. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:33 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,270,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
does 'cramming down throat" seem to be a recurring theme with anit- gay marriage folk? I just sayin'.
DAMN, I just spit Diet Coke all over my desk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies