Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 09:18 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I was talking about reasons for anti-black discrimination in 2013. Circumstances and motivations were certainly different in the past.
Even so, I know that discrimination has been rampant in this nation from day one, and that some things never change. I do not care why someone wants to discriminate against me in 2013. It affects ME personally. It is personal to me because I am the one who has to live in this society and try to make it. If it affects me, it's personal.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:21 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Excuse me? I know more about history than you think, not your right wing version of it. The fact that you say "your African brothers captured and sold your ancestors" shows:

A) Alot of ignorance about Africa and how the slave trade worked.
B) or your own callous anger.

Africa is a continent of hundreds of different tribes. "African brothers" indeed. Different tribes fought against one another and put war captives into slavery. And many European explorers often raided the coast and captured slaves. It wasn't just Africans that played a part. Europeans did too.

White "slaves" were indentured servants in the USA. Sure, they were treated quite badly, but they became free after 7 years. Black slaves were slaves for life. Slaves were treated quite badly. Why else were Black slaves trying to start slave rebellions and run away? Personally, I would rather be dead than be a slave.
It happened. It's time for you to move on.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The funny thing is that this discrimination was part of this society long before there were many blacks in North America. The "accumulated negative experiences" you cite were those that black people suffered from through slavery, Reconstruction, Jim Crow, etc.

All the rest is so much uninformed bullshyt.
There are so many people who try to justify discriminating against Blacks. The fact is, discrimination has been taking place since day one in this nation. There was a time when Blacks were not allowed to have weapons of any kind. It wasn't to keep Blacks safe. It was to keep the slave master happy, as well as maintain racial supremacy, with the Black man at the bottom. If a Black man couldn't defend himself, he would remain subservient.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:27 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
how many times has this been asked?
has it satisfied anyone?
I base how I like folks not on color or how they dress
I base how I like them on how they act
I am so sick of this question
I get hateful looks all the time from SOME black folks
but I do not judge a whole race simply because some of them are jerks
yes, there are some black folks that are jerks
just like there are some white folks that are jerks
I also get sick of hearing if you disagree with Obama then you hate black folks
good grief
Yea they will be talking about this until the end of time. People are tuning them out but among themselves they relive it over and over and will make their lives miserable because of a chip that gets passed on generation after generation.

You are what you think you are.

It is very hard, if not impossible, to be a happy person while believing that society is out to hurt you. Because the liberal view on race is that America is a racist society. So, the unhappy black person will gravitate to liberalism and liberalism will in turn make him more unhappy by reinforcing his view that he is a victim.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:11 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
I was talking about reasons for anti-black discrimination in 2013. Circumstances and motivations were certainly different in the past.
There are not, and never have been, reasons for anti-black discrimination. Not in 2013, not anytime.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:18 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
There are not, and never have been, reasons for anti-black discrimination. Not in 2013, not anytime.
Do you inhabit some sort of alternate reality where things happen without any reason?

Old 06-14-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Do you inhabit some sort of alternate reality where things happen without any reason?
I figure I should ask you the same thing. Why do you feel a need to justify something as vile as racial discrimination?

Old 06-14-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I figure I should ask you the same thing. Why do you feel a need to justify something as vile as racial discrimination?
Sadly, it is about power and control over others. Racism and discrimination are about power and control. People try to justify things as vile as racial discrimination because to those persons, it is about having the upper hand. The idea being "if this person is down, I'm up, I have the upper hand". It is about having all of the power, and in trying to keep it for one's self, one tries to keep it from others.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Sadly, it is about power and control over others. Racism and discrimination are about power and control. People try to justify things as vile as racial discrimination because to those persons, it is about having the upper hand. The idea being "if this person is down, I'm up, I have the upper hand". It is about having all of the power, and in trying to keep it for one's self, one tries to keep it from others.
GM, I know this to be true, and you always write good, earnest answers. But I was asking this, uh, individual why he felt the need to justify discrimination. We both know he can't, but I was hoping to see his feeble, mentally ill attempt to do so nonetheless.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
GM, I know this to be true, and you always write good, earnest answers. But I was asking this, uh, individual why he felt the need to justify discrimination. We both know he can't, but I was hoping to see his feeble, mentally ill attempt to do so nonetheless.
Thank you. It would have been interesting to see his justification. It is true that we both know he can't justify it. My own explanation was about why people try to justify racial discrimination. It isn't justifiable, but many people will try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies