Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 03:23 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,635,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Yellow cake. Aliuminum tubes. The Feith Memo. Everything that ever came out of the Bat Cave. Curveball. Mobile labs. 45 minutes. Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven, and the Bushies were spreading a whole lot of love around.
Wow, that happened before the whole VX nerve gas incident and the bombing of a medicinal plant on shady grounds? Then you are right, the right along with the Bush administration cooked up this whole WMD thing, no one ever thought of it before.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If your going to neg me, be man enough to leave your name because obviously you lacked the courage to do so and lack reading ability to read the forum in full.
Don't feel bad, I got a hit and run red repper yet again. I wonder if they equally red rep people that are off topic who they agree with. I doubt it.

Anyway, my post about the VX nerve gas was a direct response to another post in this thread. If I'm off topic, I ain't the only one.....

Old 10-28-2007, 06:03 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,489,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Your post would be good for a laugh if it wasn't for the arrogance that accompanies them.
It would have been more meaningful if you had addressed the substance. Some at least tried. Howls of protest over arrogance meanwhile might be reserved for those whose anti-intellectualism leads them to drive the products of science and reason off the table, replacing them with such examples of poppycock as I posted earlier. How dare they.

Quote:
BTW, your lefty buddies started the whole Saddam has WMD's, maybe you should check your facts from time to time for accuracy, although accuracy may not be something you are interested in.
The whole Saddam-has-WMD's thing was initiated by Reagan, the one who gave such weapons to Saddam during the Iran-Iraq War. The refrain was continued by Bush-1 before, during, and after the Gulf War. We then have to wait for the UNSCOM inspector squabbles for the matter to come up again. By that point, the papers and debriefings of Hussein Kamel were in US hands, detailing the stocks that Saddam once had, but also including the classified annex which noted the destruction by Iraq in the months after the Gulf War of sufficient stocks to account for many of the gaps left over from UNSCOM's discovery and destruction records. It was reasonable doubt over the single-source testimony of even so highly placed a defector as Kamel that drove the complaints of the late 1990's. We knew that Saddam once had X. UNSCOM had accounted for Y, Kamel explained much of (X-Y), but more was needed in order to be certain. It was that sense of doubt, the reluctance to err on the wrong side, that was in the foreground in those days. At least among those not still distracted into the national lameness of Lewinsky.

Bush of course tried to use that same old evidence (and worse) five years later. All that Powell-at-the-UN gibberish over 5,000 ounces of this and 10,000 liters of that was taken from the Kamel papers from 1995, as if we knew nothing more. As if the classified annex didn't exist. As if UNMOVIC didn't matter. It was all swiss cheese from top to bottom. Powell will be remembered forever as the man who went to the United Nations, and on a world stage, deliberately betrayed the integrity of the United States. 'Pretty flimsy' was Hans Blix' reaction. He was being more than generous.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:10 PM

Bush1 didn't attack Iraq due to him having WMD's. Clinton was the first to do that.

Next....

Old 10-28-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Wow, that happened before the whole VX nerve gas incident and the bombing of a medicinal plant on shady grounds? Then you are right, the right along with the Bush administration cooked up this whole WMD thing, no one ever thought of it before.
Mistake by Clinton. There was not sufficient confirmed evidence to justify that strike. The six sites in Afghanistan, certainly, but not the one in Sudan. But some form of retaliation (or wag-the-dog diversion from more important matters, if you were a Republican) was called for after the embassy bombings. Clinton simply didn't set the bar high enough in approving the Sudan strike.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times
Quote:
Don't feel bad, I got a hit and run red repper yet again. I wonder if they equally red rep people that are off topic who they agree with. I doubt it.

Anyway, my post about the VX nerve gas was a direct response to another post in this thread. If I'm off topic, I ain't the only one.....
Yep.. Give points to those you agree with, then ding those who make points you dont agree with.. boo hoo hoo..

You know what they say, when you cant argue facts, you attack the messenger.. I feel honored to be attacked..

Old 10-28-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Mistake by Clinton. There was not sufficient confirmed evidence to justify that strike. The six sites in Afghanistan, certainly, but not the one in Sudan. But some form of retaliation (or wag-the-dog diversion from more important matters, if you were a Republican) was called for after the embassy bombings. Clinton simply didn't set the bar high enough in approving the Sudan strike.

Exactly. And Clinton played along in all the same nonsense rhetoric as the Republicans have. The only difference is the misuse of our military by Bush2 by going into a war with no plan based on bad info.

So Clinton's military mistake was smaller, and he wasn't in office long enough to continue his policies and get hammered by the press for years. Really thats the only difference. Both sides have shown they don't mind lying, and Hillary is looking to get into office, continue the war, and go into Iran if she thinks its necessary. So she will continue playing games with the American public should she be elected, just as Bill did, and just as Bush has. No difference from one party to the other IMO.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:41 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,797,847 times
Quote:

Well if it makes you feel any better, I got a hit and run for being "off topic" also. So chicken reppers abound around here.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Bush1 didn't attack Iraq due to him having WMD's. Clinton was the first to do that.
The attacks in 1996 were over the occupation of Irbil. Those in 1998, long warned of, were over non-cooperation with UNSCOM.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Well if it makes you feel any better, I got a hit and run for being "off topic" also. So chicken reppers abound around here.
Doesn't make me feel any better, but I guess it makes its way around to both sides quiet a bit. I'm guessing the anonymous red reppers are the ones who don't like a point yet can't think enough to contest it in a post, so they hit ya with a square red bomb!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies