Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 12:28 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,028,424 times

Advertisements

No this isn't the onion. This is St. Louis where apparently folks think toy guns are the problem. Insanity knows no bounds. I'm sure the program is just awaiting taxpayer funding to buy back toy guns. I can see the gang bangers going around stealing toy guns to turn in and go buy a real gun.

"ST. LOUIS, MO. (KTVI) – A St. Louis pastor held a meeting at his church on Tuesday to talk with community leaders about a toy gun buyback program. Pastor Rodney Francis said his plan is aimed at ending the “culture of violence.”
“These toys introduce children to violence, and it makes them think that it is an acceptable way to interact with people,” he said. “I am not saying it will end violence, but I do know this is a problem.”
Pastor Francis said the next step is to talk with the community about the plan.
“This is all about having a conversation, and it is about starting to make change,” he said. “Parents should think about getting their children toys that are not violent.”
Guns were involved in at least 18 murders in St. Louis in 2013.
Christi Griffin was at the meeting.
“It is painful to see this going on,” she said. “It is not the way it was 20, 30, or 40 years ago.”

No twenty or thirty years ago kids played with actual BB guns and slingshots and played cops and robbers etc. How did anyone survive I guess is the question.

Toy Gun Buyback Plan May Go Forward | FOX2now.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 12:37 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,832,625 times
20 years ago when I was a kid I played with toy guns all the time. Such a disconect from reality for some.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:41 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,793,258 times
These are people who think that passing more laws will control people who don't obey laws.

Any surprise that they also think restricting toys that can't be used in violent acts, will control violence?

The only real problem here, is that we treat these people as though they may have something to say that's worth listening to.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:52 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,212,498 times
I can go out and get a bunch of garage sale toy guns. maybe they will give me enough to go out and buy a few more real firearms.

what a bunch of idiots these people are.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:21 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,028,424 times
Well next will be background checks to buy toy guns. I mean with these buyback programs you can never be sure who is trafficking toy guns to turn around and buy real guns with the money they get back for turning em in.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:05 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,735,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I can go out and get a bunch of garage sale toy guns. maybe they will give me enough to go out and buy a few more real firearms.

what a bunch of idiots these people are.
That's what I was thinking. Someone willing to hit some garage sales and kids' consignment sales could make a nice profit off of this idiocy.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:08 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,960,029 times
Another handout ploy from Daddy Government to line the pockets of the less fortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies