Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 05:00 PM

491 posts, read 373,275 times

Advertisements

I guess Martin ought to have chosen a different brand of iced tea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 06:32 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
I doubt that I will be surprised at anything in the trial FancyFeast. I stopped being surprised when I learned that the baby faced, Skittle eating little Trayvon was actually the tattooed, gold toothed 6'2" NO_LIMT_***** who enjoyed brawling. Not someone very likely to be intimidated by the short, chubby Zimmerman.
Unfortunately, you "learned" lots of incorrect information, as you will find out when the trial starts. For example, however, right now you can find out in the court file the correct information in re the height and weight of both Trayvon and Zimmerman.

From the autopsy report:

"The morning after the shooting, an autopsy found that Martin's body was 5'11" (1.80 m) long and weighed 158 lb (72 kg)."

"Zimmerman's height is shown as 5′7″ (1.70 m); and his weight as 185 lb (84 kg) on his Seminole County Sheriff's Office Inmate Booking Information dated 4/11/2012, the date of his arrest.[57] Zimmerman's height is shown as 5′8″ (1.73 m); and his weight at 200 lb (91 kg) on the Sanford Police Department Offense Report for 2/26/2012, the night of the shooting"

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-30-2013, 06:42 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,652 times
If Zimmerman had been a cop, this trial wouldn't even be happening! Cops can do these things with no repercussions

Old 03-30-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Actually the pressure brought to bear on the prosecutor could well have led him to bring the case against Zimmerman with a lack of evidence to prosecute. The prosecution was under tremendous pressure from citizens at the time to bring a case. You don't need to explain our system to me, I am very very well versed in our system.
It's possible that the Republican State Attorney felt pressure from the Republican Tea Party Governor of this state when he appointed her (as special prosecutor), and from
his longtime Republican Attorney General, Pam Bondi, who was herself an assistant State Attorney for many years . HOWEVER, it's a legal requirement that the prosecutor have sufficient evidence that he/she believes there is a reasonable likelihood of conviction. In other words, you get in trouble if you take a case to court if you have crap for evidence. Trials cost a lot of money, and given the high profile nature of this case, it would be blatantly obvious during the trial if the prosecutor had nothing. Of course, we will see when as the trial unfolds.

So you are very, very well versed in the judicial system from personal experience?

Old 03-30-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
If Zimmerman had been a cop, this trial wouldn't even be happening! Cops can do these things with no repercussions
And it's possible if a cop had pursued Martin, he could have shown Martin his credentials and would have known how to identify himself to Martin, then MOST LIKELY there would have been no shooting. The problem is Zimmerman wanted to be a cop but he had no training or experience and therefore he didn't know how to go about dealing with the situation personally. He should have waited for the cops to arrive. Then there would have been no "repercussions."

Old 03-30-2013, 06:49 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
At 5'11" and 158 pounds that would make young Mr. Martin a pretty fit young man.... At 5'7" and 200 lbs, that would make Zimmerman overweight considerably and hardly in any kind of shape.... Seems to me that would tend to go well for Zimmermans defense. Especially when you consider the amount of reach that Martin had over Zimmerman and the superiority of youth..

Old 03-30-2013, 06:56 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
It's possible that the Republican State Attorney felt pressure from the Republican Tea Party Governor of this state when he appointed her (as special prosecutor), and from
his longtime Republican Attorney General, Pam Bondi, who was herself an assistant State Attorney for many years . HOWEVER, it's a legal requirement that the prosecutor have sufficient evidence that he/she believes there is a reasonable likelihood of conviction. In other words, you get in trouble if you take a case to court if you have crap for evidence. Trials cost a lot of money, and given the high profile nature of this case, it would be blatantly obvious during the trial if the prosecutor had nothing. Of course, we will see when as the trial unfolds.

So you are very, very well versed in the judicial system from personal experience?
I find it interesting that initially there was no arrest and there was not enough evidence to arrest Zimmerman. That didn't come about until after there was a huge public out cry. I believe powers far above the office of prosecutor may have been brought to bear in order to secure an arrest and quiet the critics. In other words I am questioning if there may have been some prosecutorial misconduct involved in the arrest. Of coarse we will never know or be able to prove such a thing, but it does pose and interesting question.

Yes, from personal experience in the courts.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:59 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
Why has this board abandoned Trayvon? At first there was a highly eloquent call to have Zimmerman arraigned and brought to justice, the killer is still free and everyone is more like "meh." What happened to the steady stream of topics demanding justice? The daily discussions?

The general public seems to have abandoned Travyon and the black community as well, given the recent "cooling off" of calls for stricter gun laws.

Just remember who you abandoned. Thanks to your abandonment, you could be next. I don't feel safe here...

[MOD CUT/off topic]

Nevermind that Zimmerman refused a 911 dispatcher order.
Nevermind that NO FINGERPRINTS OF TRAYVON WERE FOUND ON ZIMMERMAN'S GUN!
Nevermind that the forensics and witness accounts of the scene contradict Zimmerman's version, unless you really think he could have punched Trayvon 200+ feet!
Nevermind that Zimmerman is a known racial supremacist
Nevermind that Zimmerman has has been charged with being an aggressive wannabe cop before, at a party

1. Nevermind that the the 911 dispatcher never GAVE an order, they said, "We don't need you to do that".
2. Nevermind that Zimmermans face was bashed and the back of his head bloodied, indicating that he was assaulted.
3. Nevermind that the forensics and the accounts indicate Trayvon was going to confront Zimmerman and did so.
4. Nevermind what kind of racist Zimmerman was or wasn't, he was assaulted.
5. Nevermind What zimmerman was charged with previously, it has no bearing on his being assaulted and protecting himself.

And finally, Nevermind that people who haven't a clue and tries to twist the facts like an saturday night armchair quarterback to make it appear that Trayvon was innocent. Had Mr Martin not assaulted Zimmerman, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-05-2013 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: edited quted post

Old 03-30-2013, 07:06 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,897,668 times
There are two sides to every story and one is GONE forever so in reality we probably never know entirely what happened.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:09 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,897,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
travon was not the little innocent kid media portrayed him to be..
Whether he was or not, Did he have a weapon? That is what i want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies