Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 04:17 PM

46,334 posts, read 27,176,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
If a victim is in a wheelchair, or is a small child is in a classroom, or is a shopper is at the mall, wouldn't it be safe to say that their ability to escape is somewhat limited when it comes to a would-be killer with a long-range weapon? Imagine that. A rifle or shotgun is a much more deadly than a blunt instrument, knife, bowling ball or whatever today's silly analogy is.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, so now you change the goal post, this is typical leftist policy when you have lost an argument.....

How far was lanza from those children when he killed them....was he FAR away or close?

Again, spewing leftist talking points, show me post that is not complete sarcasm that saying a blunt object is more deadly than a gun?

tic-toc...again....

Quote:
We're constantly being told that it makes no sense to control guns because they're no more dangerous than knives, blunt instruments of [fill in the blank with NRA talking points]. Pointing out that it's much easier to kill people from a distance and at great speed is shouted down with howls of [fill in the blank with NRA talking points].
Again, the distance thing? How far was lanza from his mom when he shot her....pleae tell us what the long distance was?

Your failing in this discussion....

Quote:
I'd take you and your NRA owners much more seriously if you didn't engage in this kind of rank hypocrisy.
When you are able to talk with some sort of backing or substance....get back with us, instead of leftist talking points...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 04:22 PM

46,334 posts, read 27,176,488 times
Ladies and gentleman, below is complete desperation and complete ignorance of this topic.....

But hey, keep it going...you are showing how great and narrow minded the left is...keep arguing with "ZERO" to back up anything you have said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I would start by allowing fewer guns into the system. Unless the manufacturers are selling directly to criminals, the guns they use come from "law-abiding" "responsible" gun owners.

There is no need for our country to be absolutely awash in weapons so that anyone can unlock a gun safe (break into it in 3 seconds? Isn't that what one of the current threads is about?) and steal one.

If you people didn't need to play Rambo, we wouldn't have guns so effing prevalent that they're considered toys by middle-class white women like Nancy Lanza. Hell, you folks encourage the idea of guns as toys. And then you're shocked - shocked! - when someone treats them as such and someone else gets those toys and shreds six-year-olds with them.
Quote:
If a victim is in a wheelchair, or is a small child is in a classroom, or is a shopper is at the mall, wouldn't it be safe to say that their ability to escape is somewhat limited when it comes to a would-be killer with a long-range weapon? Imagine that. A rifle or shotgun is a much more deadly than a blunt instrument, knife, bowling ball or whatever today's silly analogy is.

We're constantly being told that it makes no sense to control guns because they're no more dangerous than knives, blunt instruments of [fill in the blank with NRA talking points]. Pointing out that it's much easier to kill people from a distance and at great speed is shouted down with howls of [fill in the blank with NRA talking points].

I'd take you and your NRA owners much more seriously if you didn't engage in this kind of rank hypocrisy.
Quote:
No.

Yes. (Takes care of #1)

No confiscation

Gun buyback programs for a start. Voluntarily reducing guns.

The poor can't afford guns now. What an utterly silly thing to say.

I guess we'll find out what the SC thinks one day, won't we? Unless, of course, the NRA is afraid of what might happen and uses its blood money to prevent our justice system from taking its course.
Quote:
Poor people can just suck it up and save, just like we all have to save to buy a car, house, big-screen TV, etc. etc. Isn't that exactly what you righties always argue? But if it's a gun, why, hey, that's a different story!

Except it's not.

What a really silly thing to argue.
Quote:
Yes, you should defend yourself with the weapons those guys used. Why do you need a gun?

Old 04-04-2013, 06:06 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,241,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
You can't come into a thread and spew that kind of logic, reason and common sense? What the hell kind of forum do you think this is?
I humbly apologize.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:22 PM

945 posts, read 969,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
i humbly apologize.

:d

Old 04-04-2013, 06:48 PM

57,421 posts, read 26,319,660 times
So this is all bad legislation? Seems like several of these are really not even worthy of debate.

Background checks on all gun sales
Extends assault weapons ban to include 100 new types of firearm
Magazines of 10 rounds or more must be registered
Creates the first state registry of dangerous weapon offenders
Creates an "ammunition eligibility" certificate
Gun restrictions for people previously admitted to mental health facilities
State grants for school safety improvements

Old 04-04-2013, 06:54 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,837,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So this is all bad legislation? Seems like several of these are really not even worthy of debate.

Your right, I'm for state grants for school safety imporvments. The rest is feel good none sense.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:55 PM

945 posts, read 969,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

That is all bad legislation. Scary you are so quick to adopt irrational legislation.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:52 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,943,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
That is all bad legislation. Scary you are so quick to adopt irrational legislation.
Why don't you try explaining the "irrationality" of those things instead of indulging in an empty emotional response? Oh wait - student of Faux News. Learned you lesson well...

Old 04-04-2013, 08:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Why don't you try explaining the "irrationality" of those things instead of indulging in an empty emotional response? Oh wait - student of Faux News. Learned you lesson well...
I tried and tried to get the rationale behind some of this and was unable to get anyone to explain it me.

—Bans people who voluntarily commit themselves to a hospital from getting gun permits or eligibility certificates within six months of their release;

I am interested. How will this work? And if I can not get anyone at all to explain to me how it will rationally work, can I not assume it's irrational?

Old 04-04-2013, 08:11 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,943,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
How about we put of critical thinking caps on and really get to the root of the issue.

How would you stop a criminal from owning a gun?

Please keep in mind the epic failure of our current war on drugs.
Spin, spin, spin. You register a gun and make its owner responsible to society for what is done with it. This discourages bad behavior of RWNJs who really want zero accountability, which is behind all their opposition to enforcement programs, yet they are the first to cry about law enforcement not doing its job.
You all really need it.
Oh, and your war on drugs was a paranoid right-wing knee-jerk reaction to a perceived problem of drugs invading white communities, as well as a little blowback against non-conformist counterculture hippies. No right winger should complain about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies