Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 11:46 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times

Advertisements

Seems like this is the real vote to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 11:47 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
The real vote will be in 2014 when the senate, house and state governments start to shift more conservative.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:49 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The real vote will be in 2014 when the senate, house and state governments start to shift more conservative.
You wish.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Less Americans owned guns until the Democrats started politicizing the Sandy Hook tragedy and using it as an excuse to ram through their anti-second amendment laws.

Predictably, nobody is using the opportunity to discuss the U.S.'s growing mental health issues and lack of mental health care. That's not partisan enough.

Nobody loves a mass shooting tragedy more than the Democrats. Sad.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You wish.
I like my odds.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:23 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,801 times
Hobbyists > Human Lives

There are actually losers out there that go to guns-for-money events and do whatever they can to stop those guns from being traded in and destroyed. They are more concerned with the guns being destroyed than the people that can be destroyed by them. Total insanity.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Hobbyists > Human Lives

There are actually losers out there that go to guns-for-money events and do whatever they can to stop those guns from being traded in and destroyed. They are more concerned with the guns being destroyed than the people that can be destroyed by them. Total insanity.
What guns do you think get turned in at these events?
Who do you think is turning in guns?
Is a gun purchased at these events before being turned in than one purchased at the store?

Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Hobbyists > Human Lives

Really good deals can be made at the lines to guns for cash police schemes.

I got a really nice dbl b 16 gauge for 100, that I had appraised at 1500
The guy didn't know what he was holding.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:34 PM

315 posts, read 256,266 times
Quote:
Hobbyists > Human Lives

WTF are you talking about?
No one is trading in any guns under this law. I will say one thing I bet I could sell an AR or AK in CT right now for around 5k.

I bet I could get a 100 bucks a mag. I am glad I bought that 4th AR Colt last week. LOL I bet ammo will be even more pressure now.
I also predict that there will be ammo runs akin to tobacco runs, along with mag runs. If all you ahve to do is register a photo with the police I would be gathering up every photo I could off the net and sending it in to the police. If I wanted a mag, when I go to Fla on vacation I would just hit a couple of gun shops or armslist and pick up a few to match the photos I sent to the cops.

Unless they serial number by engraving every registered mag its not going to be able to be enforced. Its a joke of a law and anyone with a brain will be sending in a photo of 200 mags they have in the closet.

I would get my ammo the same way. I would take a trip to SC,VA or any other state near by that is gun friendly and pick up some ammo once this hoopla dies down. Drive it home and the Gov. knows crap.

Feel good laws that do nothing but make a lot of money for the gun industry. Thank you liftie idiots, my Ruger,Olin and Smith stocks are doing very nice.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:39 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Insane is a great adjective to describe those people with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies