Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 10:21 AM

20,129 posts, read 16,190,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is not about justice, it is only about control.
Welcome to the Police State.

Protect & Serve the public, this was not. No matter how much she was expressing her 1st amendment.
There are 1000's of other ways this could have gone much better.
Starting with her not trying to interfere with the police apprehending the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 11:42 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,180,203 times
Guy hits their car and they're the ones being taken in cuffs? What the heck?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
AND I also remember at 8 months, it was not easy for my wife at that time to move around, but if it was necessary to get on the ground, it can be done. Instead of arguing, do it, and then complain later. If you do so at the time they are attempting to defuse a situation, then something bad is gonna happen
At 8 months pregnant, moving around was not only difficult, but standing up and sitting down were actually the most dangerous times because of my sciatic nerve. Many times, I would go to stand up or sit down, the nerve would pinch, the pain would hit hard, and I would drop. I even had problems just walking in general. That's why my job relegated me to operator duty until I took leave.

Watch the video. It's freaking brutal. That cop had NO business grabbing her and throwing her like he did, let alone using the taser. Surveillance footage will be needed to see what led up to the incident, but the part we watched was positively awful.

If that was your child or grandchild that got tased for NO reason other than the mother couldn't get on the ground quickly, would you say the same thing?

Old 04-05-2013, 12:05 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,294,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post

At 8 months pregnant, moving around was not only difficult, but standing up and sitting down were actually the most dangerous times because of my sciatic nerve. Many times, I would go to stand up or sit down, the nerve would pinch, the pain would hit hard, and I would drop. I even had problems just walking in general. That's why my job relegated me to operator duty until I took leave.

Watch the video. It's freaking brutal. That cop had NO business grabbing her and throwing her like he did, let alone using the taser. Surveillance footage will be needed to see what led up to the incident, but the part we watched was positively awful.

If that was your child or grandchild that got tased for NO reason other than the mother couldn't get on the ground quickly, would you say the same thing?
Agreed. And if you watched the news video, the person who brought them the story was at the Best Buy and saw the whole thing. He said she was pleading with the officers not to make her lie face down on the pavement, because of her pregnancy. As I recall, pregnant women are unable to even sleep on their stomachs in a nice soft bed once they've reached a certain size; who ever would think it's a good idea to make an eight months pregnant woman lie on her stomach on pavement?

I agree with Mr. Jamison - why did they need all those officers for one skinny guy and a pregnant woman? Especially since the whole brouhaha was over a fender bender in a parking lot?

Old 04-05-2013, 12:08 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,482,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post

Pregnant or not, she had no business being up in the cops face.

Again, this would have never happened if she would have just shut up and stayed to the side.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:12 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,675,417 times
If she gave two wits about the baby she was carrying, she might have complied. It looks like the judgment of the pregnant lady is more in question than the judgment of the cops.

The TV station's video editor said that it did appear she was trying to comply. It's completely unclear from either of the videos what caused the scuffle.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
love it when people post things they see on blogs that can't be believed and then expect everyone to believe this garbage...Amazing, we get one side of the story, not to mention we all know anyone with 1/2 brain knows how to edit videos. I for one never totally believe what I see on these videos and I, for one, believe in doing what the cops tell me to do, like it or not. Do I love all cops? Of course not, but I do know there are times when you do what you are told and you don't add to the problems by being a jerk...

Old 04-05-2013, 12:26 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,091,205 times
Let the cops do their job, and if they do something wrong, get them afterwards, thanks to the abundance of cell phone cameras. Its 2013 already.

I think she should have just backed away and kept calm.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:33 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,523,683 times
Way too many Americans as evidenced by this thread are submissive to overgrown school bullies. That cop should be strung up by his thumbs and tased repeatedly. Worthless scumbag tyrants.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:35 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,482,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
If she gave two wits about the baby she was carrying, she might have complied. It looks like the judgment of the pregnant lady is more in question than the judgment of the cops.

The TV station's video editor said that it did appear she was trying to comply. It's completely unclear from either of the videos what caused the scuffle.
How many times have we seen it on TV in the past, fight with the cops, then when the cops get the upper hand, then the sorry's come.

She was interfering. She was causing a problem. The second cop came running to help the first because of this lady. She was being stubborn. She had it coming. Look how close she is to the the first officer. From the second officers view, you cant tell what shes doing, knife, gun, trying to go for his gun, etc. You have to move fast.

Again, from the beginning, if she would have just shut up and stood to the side and let the officer do his job, this would have never happened.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:37 PM

491 posts, read 373,713 times
If I had been there that cop would have unconscious and on the ground himself within seconds of assaulting the woman.

These cowards and thugs need to be taught a lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies