Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:17 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,171,366 times

Advertisements

These two are a skid mark on American political discourse and should be marginalized as such. Their ideas and policies are so destructive to this country that (thank god) for us Dr. Paul the Elder was essentially marginalized by the GOP elite...but it appears that Rand Paul has more mainstream appeal for reasons unbeknownst to me. Dr. Paul the younger needs to be marginalized just as much as his father. Both Paul the younger and elder support the laughable named "Plan to Restore America."

Their policies will destroy this country. Income inequality would be on par with South Africa and Colombia, Wall Street would be free to do whatever it wants, Companies would have zero federal accounting and reporting compliances, Air safety and traffic control would be handled by private contractors, we would have no federal funding, and the government would lose it's abilty to intervene in pending financial crisis..........I don't understand how anyone could support these lunatics.

Everyone knows the facade of Dr. Paul(s) but I think it helps to really SEE their positions laid out to understand just what people are considering.

Here is a brief summary of their positions:
-The elimination of the Dept of Education, Interior, Commerce, Energy, and HUD)
-privatize the FAA and TSA
-slash the federal workforce by 10%
-cut the budgets for all federal branches
-lower the corporate tax rate to 15% despite most fortune 100 countries located in the US paying what amount to an effective rate of 12%
-allow companies to repatriate capital with essentailly no taxation (hello offshore stockpiles)
-permanently extend all Bush tax cuts
-eliminate ALL capital gaines taxes
-sell all federal assets (public parks...thing of the past.)
-repeal obamacare, sarbanes-oxley, and Dodd-Frank...(Enron???)
-conduct a full audit of the Fed (It's audited by indepedent agencies annually anyway)
-deregulate wall street Entirely (really?)
-Phase out Social Security
-Ending the Federal Reserce and our Fiat currency in lieu of the Gold Standard
-Eliminate FEMA and all federal disaser relief.....Sorry Sandy victims...you're on your own.
-Zero federal medical research. (4 billion less for cancer, 3.5 billion less for AIDS, 1.42 billion less for Heart Disease, and over 5 billion less for other major medical issues)
-Repeal of the act that mandate that physicians stablize a patient in the ER if they lack the ability to pay.....(I know that it is a problem but are we seriously going to watch someone die in a waiting room?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 09:22 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,723 times
What is poison? The Status Quo. Chosing your poison doesn't matter if the end result is the same.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:23 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,371 times
I don't see anything about their positions to disagree with. More power to them!

Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 AM

361 posts, read 272,727 times
Ron Paul-Idiot i agree, rand paul is showing some potential

Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
Ron Paul-Idiot i agree, rand paul is showing some potential
Rand believes exactly as his father does...he may try to moderate his message to become more popular with the mainstream, but make no mistake if he is given consideration his true colors will come out.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:30 AM

361 posts, read 272,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Rand believes exactly as his father does...he may try to moderate his message to become more popular with the mainstream, but make no mistake if he is given consideration his true colors will come out.
yea but i think we dislike them for different reasons. What turns me away from Ron Paul(and libertarians in general) is his foreign policy. Rand Paul seems less naive about that

Old 02-07-2013, 09:32 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,430 times
newberry is scared...if you scared just say you scared! LOL...The fact you think Rand is anything like his father is laughable. Ron never compromised his principles to advance his political career Rand obviously has and will.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
newberry is scared...if you scared just say you scared! LOL...The fact you think Rand is anything like his father is laughable. Ron never compromised his principles to advance his political career Rand obviously has and will.
Well... when you're right you're right...I am scared of him and his popularity. His policies are destructive and I don't want to see this country dismantled by an idiot that would prefer the US be reduced to 50 countries.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
I am very much disappointed with the Pauls. they both want a corporate tax rate of 15%?????

It should be ZERO.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:37 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,617 times
I see some people still believe in the Democrat and Republican parties.

If its outside of the mainstream, it must be wrong!

Do these people not understand that they have been conditioned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies