Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 07:26 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times

Advertisements

The Tunnel People That Live Under The Streets Of America
April 10, 2013

Did you know that there are thousands upon thousands of homeless people that are living underground beneath the streets of major U.S. cities?

It is happening in Las Vegas, it is happening in New York City and it is even happening in Kansas City.

As the economy crumbles, poverty in the United States isabsolutely exploding and so is homelessness.

In addition to the thousands of “tunnel people” living under the streets of America, there are also thousands that are living in tent cities, there are tens of thousands that are living in their vehicles and there are more than a million public school children that do not have a home to go back to at night.

The federal government tells us that the recession “is over” and that “things are getting better”, and yet poverty and homelessness in this country continue to rise with no end in sight.

The saddest part is the fact that authorities found dirty diapers in the areas near these tunnels. That must mean that babies were being raised in that kind of an environment.

Even as the Dow hits record high after record high, poverty in New York City continues to rise at a very frightening pace. Incredibly, the number of homeless people sleeping in the homeless shelters of New York City has increased by a whopping 19 percent over the past year.

In many of our major cities, the homeless shelters are already at maximum capacity and are absolutely packed night after night. Large numbers of homeless people are often left to fend for themselves.

That is one reason why we have seen the rise of so many tent cities.

Yes, the tent cities are still there, they just aren’t getting as much attention these days because they do not fit in with the “economic recovery” narrative that the mainstream media is currently pushing.

In fact, many of the tent cities are larger than ever.

The Tunnel People That Live Under The Streets Of America - BlackListedNews.com

Old 04-11-2013, 09:41 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
April 10, 2013

Did you know that there are thousands upon thousands of homeless people that are living underground beneath the streets of major U.S. cities?

It is happening in Las Vegas, it is happening in New York City and it is even happening in Kansas City.

As the economy crumbles, poverty in the United States isabsolutely exploding and so is homelessness.

In addition to the thousands of “tunnel people” living under the streets of America, there are also thousands that are living in tent cities, there are tens of thousands that are living in their vehicles and there are more than a million public school children that do not have a home to go back to at night.

The federal government tells us that the recession “is over” and that “things are getting better”, and yet poverty and homelessness in this country continue to rise with no end in sight.

The saddest part is the fact that authorities found dirty diapers in the areas near these tunnels. That must mean that babies were being raised in that kind of an environment.

Even as the Dow hits record high after record high, poverty in New York City continues to rise at a very frightening pace. Incredibly, the number of homeless people sleeping in the homeless shelters of New York City has increased by a whopping 19 percent over the past year.

In many of our major cities, the homeless shelters are already at maximum capacity and are absolutely packed night after night. Large numbers of homeless people are often left to fend for themselves.

Yes, the tent cities are still there, they just aren’t getting as much attention these days because they do not fit in with the “economic recovery” narrative that the mainstream media is currently pushing.

What? No thoughts about the 'tunnel people'? I guess that's the problem - no one cares about them.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:44 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
What? No thoughts about the 'tunnel people'? I guess that's the problem - no one cares about them.
I saw that article yesterday. Our country is PATHETIC. Our leaders are among the lowest life forms there are.They haven't represented our best interests for decades. It is unbelievable how spineless we Americans have become to allow this kind of thing to happen!

We look the other way when we see injustice being done. All most of us only seem to care about is making money whether the job is honorable or not. We are in total denial. It is disgusting.

The new taxes they are dreaming up are to tax the poor! Now 50% of Americans are considered poor! They want people dependent on the government so they can CONTROL us. Get rid of your cable TV and
Wake up people. This is happening to ALL OF US NOW!

The silly "sustainable development" programs are really just a way to force us to pay for stuff we don't need. Meanwhile, things like utilities that we do need, they are hiking the rates up into the stratosphere on and shutting down power plants.

What really took the cake was reading about the grocery store in Augusta, GA that had gone bankrupt or something and the banksters ordered the food still in inventory at the store to be taken to the dump rather than given out to hungry people out in the parking lot. Unbelievable!

Old 04-12-2013, 12:21 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
Quote:
April 10, 2013

A recession is two consecutive down quarters in GDP, so yes, the recession is over.

A few people who are down on their luck does not negate the turn around in macro level growth.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:42 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Not only that but new hire rates or unemployment rates, I forget which, are 30 percent worse than they were the same time last year.

Don't LISTEN to their lies about things getting better when they so OBVIOUSLY are getting MUCH MUCH WORSE!

People should do themselves a favor and every day read DrudgeReport.com and go to InfoWars.com and from there follow up yourself on anything you think sounds outlandish. Then when you find out it is the true blue truth,if nothing else, spread the word! In fact some great entertainment and education can be had watching entries to the "Operation Paul Revere" film contest going on right now on YouTube and Vimeo and a few others. Cross reference "Operation Paul Revere" with "Infowars" to find the contest entries.

What I'm going to do in my state beyond supporting and calling my state reps to support for various pieces of legislation, I plan to find pieces of sample legislation for other issues I feel are important like stopping water fluoridation and stopping the spraying of chemtrails; stopping any projects associated with UN Agenda 21 Sustainable Development; stopping the electric rate hikes etc etc. Take these sample bills to my reps and ask them to put something together like it for my state.

I've almost given up on Congress. You can call and write them until you are blue in the face and they still do what they darn well feel like doing and somehow the votes are rigged so they get re-elected. I think Congress should and all federal agencies should shut down and we'd all be the better for it if they did.

Last edited by emilybh; 04-12-2013 at 03:00 PM..

Old 04-12-2013, 02:45 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
So what's your plan to help them?

Old 04-12-2013, 02:45 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Anyone that listened to Obama when he campaigned in 2008 could've predicted this upon his election.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:58 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
How are the "tunnel" people any different than the "park" people, the "under the bridge" people, the "sidewalk" people or the "bus station" people? Those folk have been there for generations...you just noticing now.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Anyone that listened to Obama when he campaigned in 2008 could've predicted this upon his election.
Yes how true! unfortunately for us, the problem is with the thousands upon thousands, that did not listen closely to his words.

That saw him as their ideal, their Hope. That put him on a pedestal, as no other.

That is the problem, and now it is all of our problem.

And the main street, bias slanted as hell shafty media, is partly to blame for all our problems, For one not stating the true news as it really happens, given us bits and pieces, and leaving all negative out. Reporting news of non importance, but important factors that is of concern to most Americans, seems to be off limits, why is that!

Reporting every friggin thing negative about one party, but the other is off limits, i seriously have a huge problem with this crap.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:13 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
I read something that says the government is spending tax money to the tune of over 50k per person.

Why don't they just pay people 50k per year to sit around and do nothing.

Kinda like what they're doing now.

Bet they won't be living in tunnels will they? Yeah right.

People live in tunnels because they want to, not because they have to.

50k per person my eye!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies