Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:42 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Doesn't anyone remember that one of the POW's that was forced to shake hands with her slipped her a note and that she gave that note to the VC? They beat and tortured those men for that. There's NO statute of limitation on treason. 35 years my ass!!
Sorry, that never happened.

Prisoners were beaten and forced to meet with her and tell her that things were fine and they were not tortured. But a note was never passed between a POW and Jane.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:44 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
.....We need more of them to teach us men about the value of life.
They're called "Mom". Everyone starts out with one.

Also, most of the teachers in my life and my boy's life are female.

What we don't need is an actress actually believing that they need to instruct the adoring public on world affairs.

I want to see their credentials first.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:51 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Default re the post-VN War killings in SE Asia..........

....when a TV producer asked Ms. Fonda her thoughts on the many that were butchered during the "re-education" phase of post war SE Asia, she glibly replied that it would'nt have ever happened if the US had never been there.

My jaw dropped at such a heartless response. Now that's putting your political ideology first and foremost over everything. Even before the deaths of hundreds of thousands, or more, as it's been reported.

I saw the brief take with her on TV

Old 10-28-2007, 11:38 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,867,648 times
I don't have feelings for her either way. People make poor choices in life. That was one of hers. People change. My mother in law was a radical liberal atheist 30 years ago. She's now a die-hard Christian conservative. Sometimes people change and regret things in their pasts.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:29 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
Sorry, that never happened.

Prisoners were beaten and forced to meet with her and tell her that things were fine and they were not tortured. But a note was never passed between a POW and Jane.
Really. And your source of this information? Which even if true, she still was the cause of POW's being beaten. She's slime, pure and simple.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:43 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
No, she would not have been forgiven decades ago. Guy or gal, makes no difference. She committed treason, that is not forgivable.

I have a very good friend that the fingers on both hands bend backwards. They're permanently stuck there. Matter of fact, he has to go to the VA to get his fingernails clipped before they grow into the back of his hands. Tell him that she meant well, that her heart was in the right place. Yeah, she moved on, her hands still work.
So how do you feel about Bush & Cheney. I work in a military community and allow me to tell you, it's bad now. Do you resent them for all of the para- and quadraplegics that are coming home now, or the over 4,000 dead soldiers or the tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi's who have died in the name of the US?

Please tell me how Jane Fonda committed treason. She protested to bring soldiers home. Bad sense, possibly, but most of America felt the same way at that time.

Maybe you've forgotten your history, I lived through it.

You can see the relationship between the bin Laden family and the Bush family by studying the Carlyle Group. Did you know that Bush's grandfather sold weapons to the Nazi's. I believe that's treason, as well. Bush Hitler Nazi Death Camp Connections -- Bush Family History featuring Nazi collaborator Prescott Bush

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Jane Fonda and POWs
Despite the claims of hundreds of Vietnam veterans who maintain they were "there" and can affirm these tales as true, Jane Fonda actually met with only a handful of American POWs in North Vietnam, and even they have spoken out on the record to disclaim the story:
"The whole [e-mail] story about Jane Fonda is just malarkey," said Edison Miller, 73, of California, a former Marine Corps pilot held more than five years. Miller was among seven POWs who met with Fonda in Hanoi. He said he didn't recall her asking any questions other than about their names, if that. He said that he passed her no piece of paper, and that to his knowledge, no other POW in the group did, despite the e-mail's claims.

In fact, Fonda carried home letters from many American POWs to their families upon her return from North Vietnam.

Last edited by chielgirl; 10-29-2007 at 06:08 AM..

Old 10-29-2007, 06:10 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So how do you feel about Bush & Cheney. I work in a military community and allow me to tell you, it's bad now. Do you resent them for all of the para- and quadraplegics that are coming home now, or the over 4,000 dead soldiers or the tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi's who have died in the name of the US?

Please tell me how Jane Fonda committed treason. She protested to bring soldiers home. Bad sense, possibly, but most of America felt the same way at that time.

Maybe you've forgotten your history, I lived through it.

You can see the relationship between the bin Laden family and the Bush family by studying the Carlysle Group. Did you know that Bush's grandfather sold weapons to the Nazi's. I believe that's treason, as well.
I lived through it too. She didn't just protest. I think YOU need a history lesson. She aided and abetted the enemy in a time of war.

To compare her with any Administration in a time of war is ludicrous. I won't comment further.

The Carlysle group is a notorious left wing group. Plus the Saudi Arabian relatives of bin Laden were investors in the Carlyle group until October 2001 when the family sold its $2.02 million investment back to the firm in light of the public controversy surrounding bin Laden’s family after the terrorist attack on 9/11. I believe nothing from them and the CRAP about Bushes grandfather is just that, crap.That link is an absoulte joke!

On the subject of Fonda giving notes back to the VC, I've heard it's true and I've heard it's not true. Those who say it's true claim to habe been there so I choose to believe them. The story of her returning letters to families is false.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:28 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Try Snopes.com, they debunk and are not politically affiliated. The Carlyle is by no means left-wing, they're the largest weapons dealers in the world. Meet The Carlyle Group - Former World Leaders and Washington Insiders Make Billions from the War on Terrorism, CarlyleGroup.net, Carlyle Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, The ex-presidents' club | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited George Bush I was a board member. I don't think he's left wing, but I could be wrong.

From The Guardian link: This is exactly the way Carlyle likes it. For 14 years now, with almost no publicity, the company has been signing up an impressive list of former politicians - including the first President Bush and his secretary of state, James Baker; John Major; one-time World Bank treasurer Afsaneh Masheyekhi and several south-east Asian powerbrokers - and using their contacts and influence to promote the group. Among the companies Carlyle owns are those which make equipment, vehicles and munitions for the US military, and its celebrity employees have long served an ingenious dual purpose, helping encourage investments from the very wealthy while also smoothing the path for Carlyle's defence firms.

jeepjeep, where are you getting your information? Just saying something is wrong doesn't make it so. Please show me some evidence or links that can't be debunked.

Last edited by chielgirl; 10-29-2007 at 06:36 AM..

Old 10-29-2007, 07:28 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post
I don't have feelings for her either way. People make poor choices in life. That was one of hers. People change. My mother in law was a radical liberal atheist 30 years ago. She's now a die-hard Christian conservative. Sometimes people change and regret things in their pasts.
That does not surprise me: oftentimes 'radicals' may change their beliefs but are still 'extreme' in the way they follow them.

Much like the story of a former Neo Nazi who 'crossed over' and joined the Jewish Defense League.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:09 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
I lived through it too. She didn't just protest. I think YOU need a history lesson. She aided and abetted the enemy in a time of war.

The U.S. Congress never declared war on any part of Vietnam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies