Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 08:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
How about a man's right to abort their duty as a father without punishment? If a woman has the sole right to end a pregnancy, men should have an option as well since we can't tell them to get an abortion or not. Abortion is a woman's choice, there is no denying that. Men should have the choice of fatherhood or not without being forced to pay child support. If a woman decide s to have the baby, she does so as her own, and should be required to care for that child on her own if the father decides he does not want to have a child.
I can go with the right to "abort" parental responsibility as long as it is a signed statement that is done BEFORE sex. It might make people stop and think for a minute.

Quote:
Alimony should be abolished.
Alimony is paid to the spouse who sacrificed their career during the marriage. Men get alimony too.
Quote:
Selective service should not be a requirement to apply for pell grants, vote, get a license, or a student loan.
Seeing as how no one has been drafted since Viet Nam, this is low on the list. But I agree that either women should have to register too, or the whole thing should be done away with.

Quote:
Circumcision should be the choice of an adult male, not their parents, often the mothers choice.
Agree, but you need to discuss that with the majority MALE congress that has not voted on the issue that has been proposed every year since 2004

Quote:
Prison sentencing should be equal if the crime is equal.
Proof that it isn't?

Quote:
False accusers should face the same amount of time the person they accused served or would have served if found guilty.
That is a little harsh, but I do believe that false accusers should at LEAST pay ALL court costs, and have the false accusation on their permanent record.
Quote:
Affirmative action should be based on income before gender or race.
I think affirmative action HAD it's place. That time and place seems to be mostly over now. Get rid of the whole thing.
Quote:
There is just a few. There are more, but this is a good start.
What else?

Old 04-09-2013, 08:13 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
What I hear from the so-called men's rights groups are attacks on child support, demands to change how custody is allocated or for mandatory joint custody, attacks on spousal support, and attacks on protections for victims of domestic violence. Those aren't issues of giving rights to men, they are issues of taking away rights from women. As a feminist I'm not going to support you on those issues.
ABSOLUTELY!

Men's "rights" group are deceptively-named groups of misogynists who don't want to support the kid they shot their semen out for, who don't want to split common property when they get divorced, who can't stand the whole idea of women having equal rights to them, they just can't BEAR it, they are in danger of turning into dust just from their hatred and anger.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:20 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Yes, actually an increasing number of men are getting alimony. Not that I have any sympathy for the ex-wives. Since they've been doing it to men for who knows how long.

And I also believe false accusers should get a harsh sentence such as life or capital punishment, since they already "offed" that person's life with a basic lie.

In order to prevent more false accusations and women getting away with just about everything, then gender segregation is probably the best solution. Not to mention ridding the legal system of white knights and feminists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I can go with the right to "abort" parental responsibility as long as it is a signed statement that is done BEFORE sex. It might make people stop and think for a minute.

Alimony is paid to the spouse who sacrificed their career during the marriage. Men get alimony too.

Seeing as how no one has been drafted since Viet Nam, this is low on the list. But I agree that either women should have to register too, or the whole thing should be done away with.

Agree, but you need to discuss that with the majority MALE congress that has not voted on the issue that has been proposed every year since 2004

Proof that it isn't?

That is a little harsh, but I do believe that false accusers should at LEAST pay ALL court costs, and have the false accusation on their permanent record.

I think affirmative action HAD it's place. That time and place seems to be mostly over now. Get rid of the whole thing.

What else?

Old 04-09-2013, 08:21 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,943 times
sn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Biology determines who gets the final say on the outcome of a pregnancy. If the outcome is a child, the father has a financial responsibility for him/her. It's the law. This topic has been discussed to death on this forum.
No it has not. Men have no say when it comes to the womans body. I am not denying this. Men should not have to be forced to have a child the don't want. A common argument is that most women get abortions for financial reasons, how is it justifiable for a woman to do this, but not for a man to do it? Since the man can't control the woman's decision, and shouldn't even try to IMO, its a woman's body, it's her choice. Its a mans life, he should also have a choice.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Yes, actually an increasing number of men are getting alimony. Not that I have any sympathy for the ex-wives. Since they've been doing it to men for who knows how long.

And I also believe false accusers should get a harsh sentence such as life or capital punishment, since they already "offed" that person's life with a basic lie.

In order to prevent more false accusations and women getting away with just about everything, then gender segregation is probably the best solution. Not to mention ridding the legal system of white knights and feminists.
Good luck with the whole gender segregation thing. I don't think many men, or women will agree with you.

But you are free to segregate yourself any time you choose.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
And there should be gender segregation in the education, employment, housing, and residential neighborhoods. Nothing funny about it, but it's ensure safety, for the man's sake, and avoid unnecessary danger.

If one wants equality, people have to decide to elect the male-guilt guys (not men) and feminists from high positions in government, legal system, educational institutions, and workplaces. Unfortunately, the other side is the majority so they'll likely support those that only cater to their interests.
I don't believe in segregation.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:39 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
This isn't a troll thread and your comment proves that what I am saying is true. Anyone who suggests men have equal rights issues as well is just a troll who is trying to derail the equality train.

Someone I was friends with told me that because I support equality for men and women so long as it doesn't violate the 14th Amendment, that I was mysoginistic and a rape apologist.
No.
Someone told you.
It's all a bunch of unfounded idiocies to troll.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 PM

3 posts, read 2,163 times
Default Why? Because feminists are just like any other extreamist group.

[quote=ellemint;29050640]I agree with this. It's kind of hard to find data supporting the idea that men are oppressed when they still dominate boardrooms, academia, government (80 % of the seats in Congress), and have higher incomes. I mean, what would a man be lobbying for, even more representation in powerful positions? /quote]

Wow...if only that whine had any merit.

So by feminut logic: Because a handful of powerful positions are held by people who have the wealth and connections to keep themselves there, the other 99.99% of the male population can just go *uck itself. Because until female sociopaths make up 50% of those glorious positions, "men" (all men, mind you) are STILL IN POWER and therefore have no legitimate issues about the entire situation!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That isn't fair as it only effects men. If a man has to sign such an agreement, women should as well to get an abortion. Both of those ideas are foolish.

Quote:
Alimony needs to go away. Both sexes are capable of working.

Quote:
agreed

Quote:
I have tried. But feminist, male and female, deny this is an issue. They buy into the medical myths.

Quote:
Proof that it isn't?
. Men Sentenced To Longer Prison Terms Than Women For Same Crimes, Study Says

[quote]That is a little harsh, but I do believe that false accusers should at LEAST pay ALL court costs, and have the false accusation on their permanent record.

Quote:

agreed

Old 04-09-2013, 08:44 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Feminism no longer exists - it is every man for himself these days...sorry - I mean every woman. I have seen a steady decline in "sisterhood" in the so-called feminism movement. It is now something more selfish and self absorbed than their male counterparts who were once the enemy. Men don't need advocacy groups..what men and woman really need are basic human rights. Something we have forgotten.

Human rights are absent when it comes to family law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies