Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 03:18 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are a poor mind reader. Why should i wear out google i can just ask a total expert like you.

I an just exercising my right to free speech and you seem to want to limit that. It is funny how worked up some MOPES get for just asking a question. Like i said before you would think i have asked to sleep with your daughter.
Well I'm sure whoever owns CD is super happy that you are using up their server space with your excellent thread instead of "wearing out google"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 03:20 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
SHOW ME HOW ASKING A QUESTION IS NOT WANTING TO HAVE AN ADULT CONVERSATION?
Well, for starters, you're screaming at me.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:21 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Well I'm sure whoever owns CD is super happy that you are using up their server space with your excellent thread instead of "wearing out google"
My reputation around here is 1567 and yours is 315. My reputation isbetter than yours. Since i have finally got it through you head as to my question you have no answers other than personal attacks. Shows that you are the loser here. My thread and i win

Old 04-11-2013, 03:23 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Well, for starters, you're screaming at me.

You accused me of something you are totally wrong about. I am bad about leaving the cap lock on.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Your 'law' simply proves my point. You are unable to identify how much power is enough.
Already done in another post.

By the way, you neglected to answer this question, which was in the same post that you responded to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Are you saying that people should be limited to revolvers and bolt or lever action rifles?

Old 04-11-2013, 03:26 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
If this question hasn't already been posed, then allow me to ask:

When's the last time one of these law-abiding gun owners utilized a 30-round "clip" (those of us who are educated in firearm terminology refer to them as "magazines", just so you know) to murder multiple people in an (expressly gun-free) public setting?
I'd rather we never got into a place where anyone needed to fend of "bad guys" with thirty rounds period. That would certainly not be a town I'd want to live in.

However, a weapon for home defense should have a larger clip or magazine, because the home owner would be grabbing that weapon in an emergency situation, and the rounds in the weapon would probably be all he/she would have time for. It's not like you can tell the rapist or burglar to "hey, wait a sec, I have to grab an extra magazine."

Now if you are out hunting, or going to the shooting range, you will have time to bring extra ammunition. but in a home invasion, you may only have time enough to grab the weapon, and whatever amount of rounds are in the weapon, may be all you will ever have.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:26 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
My reputation around here is 1567 and yours is 315. My reputation isbetter than yours. Since i have finally got it through you head as to my question you have no answers other than personal attacks. Shows that you are the loser here. My thread and i win
I didn't realize reputation points determined how awesome this thread is

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by their reputation points but by the content of their posts."

And I actually answered your OP in post #5 but that went against your preconceived notion so you dismissed it along with the many other posts that did the same. So since your question was answered in the first 5 posts why are you still here? You should feel triumphant for all the knowledge you have acquired today.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:30 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Looks like there haven't been any. In contrast, there have been 20 school children killed by them.

So lives saved with 30 round magazines = 0
Lives Taken = at least 26
Those school children were not killed by a 30 round magazine. They were killed by a psychotic assh**e who chose to kill them. The fact he used a rifle with a 30 round magazine is the least significant part of the story. If he had stolen a bulldozer from a local construction site, and driven it through the school, would we be trying to limit the capacity of excavation tools?

Old 04-11-2013, 03:31 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I'm about as impressed with knowledge of guns as I am knowledge of socks.

What's ignorant is gun fetishists insisting on their right to own 30 bullet magazines when the chances of them actually needing them is like winning the lottery while being struck by lightening.
You don't need mashed potatoes either. Is it ok if we make those illegal too?

Old 04-11-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
I started the thread and all you have to do is go read the thread title. All this other stuff is just deflecting and ignoring and not staying on topic.
I'm not agreeing with you or saying that you're right, but did you really expect anything different on this forum? Is your perception of what goes on here really that far off from reality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies