Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 08:54 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
BTW, five brownie points to anyone who knows who this person is.
Keith Richards????

Old 04-18-2013, 08:56 AM

247 posts, read 354,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
A professional could help you with your self image issue so just maybe you could begin to accept and love yourself the way you are.

But I think its obvious that is not what you want. You are the only one that can help yourself. No one else can.
Unless the professional can give me lighter skin, there's not much they can do to help me.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:56 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
African Americans who look mixed are more mainstream, they are considered less threatening, and most people agree that they are more attractive than black people who don't look mixed. I know that if I looked mixed my life would be so much easier. People would be nicer and more accepting of me. I wouldn't have to question or constantly worry about how attractive or feminine I appear to the opposite sex. all the negative things said about black women especially dark black women in the media would not affect me. I'd be able to open up an African American magazine and see women who resembled me. Dating the opposite sex would be so much easier. If there was some type of surgery that could make me look naturally mixed like Lauren London, Rihanna or Beyonce I'd be the first in line to get it. I really wished my family would have mixed the gene pool a lot more. I don't know what they were thinking, it's like they didn't take into account how hard life would be on their offspring (especially for girls) by mating with each other.
Stop.

My wife is dark skinned and gorgeous. And I'm light skinned.

Last time I checked light skinned brothers were out of style and I still managed to get mine.

But, I don't think you are who you say you are.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Unless the professional can give me lighter skin, there's not much they can do to help me.
You don't need lighter skin. You might need a vacation or a new environment, but you don't need lighter skin.

It wouldn't hurt to talk with a professional.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:01 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Keith Richards????
5 points for you!

Old 04-18-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
5 points for you!
Yeah!!! I'm nice with it!!

Old 04-18-2013, 09:04 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
A professional is not going to make me lighter. Or give me light eyes. Or make people see darkskin as beautiful.
Turn my brown eyes blue: New surgery can change eye color? | kens5.com San Antonio

Old 04-18-2013, 09:04 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:
A professional is not going to make me lighter. Or give me light eyes. Or make people see darkskin as beautiful.

But a professional will help you divorce you of the notion that you NEED to change your skin tone.

You are obsessed with what other people have, instead of finding your own life and happiness.

Who cares how many people think a light skinned girl is pretty? All you need is that one person who thinks YOU are pretty.

There has been brown skinned woman after brown skinned woman in your threads, some of whom acknowledge your experience that colorism exists and that agree it is not pleasant, who keep telling you that they have learned to deal with the negative and you can to, that you can date and find a happy life. You ignore us.

People keep urging you to seek help. Over and over again. You ignore us.

Some people have spoken to you with warm, embracing laguage and have again urged you to seek help. You ignore us.

Anytime anyone says anything to you, you explain it away and bring it back to your point of view in an attempt to "prove" everyone else wrong. No one understands you, everyone else is lying, the only way to see this is the way you see it. You refuse to consider other viewpoints.

Really you seem like a troll. If you are not a troll, YOU NEED HELP. Hell even if you are a troll you need help.

Stop posting and see a doctor.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:06 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
This is making me wish I was lighter even more. I hate my skin tone
The good thing is that a person with very dark skin with wrinkles, looks better then a light skinned person, because in a light skinned person the dark wrinkles really stand out. So you will benefit when you are older. I've seen very dark-skinned people who look younger, because you cannot notice their wrinkles. while even a thirty year old white skinned red headed woman will look older, because her wrinkles stand out

Old 04-18-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
But a professional will help you divorce you of the notion that you NEED to change your skin tone.

You are obsessed with what other people have, instead of finding your own life and happiness.

Who cares how many people think a light skinned girl is pretty? All you need is that one person who thinks YOU are pretty.

There has been brown skinned woman after brown skinned woman in your threads, some of whom acknowledge your experience that colorism exists and that agree it is not pleasant, who keep telling you that they have learned to deal with the negative and you can to, that you can date and find a happy life. You ignore us.

People keep urging you to seek help. Over and over again. You ignore us.

Some people have spoken to you with warm, embracing laguage and have again urged you to seek help. You ignore us.

Anytime anyone says anything to you, you explain it away and bring it back to your point of view in an attempt to "prove" everyone else wrong. No one understands you, everyone else is lying, the only way to see this is the way you see it. You refuse to consider other viewpoints.

Really you seem like a troll. If you are not a troll, YOU NEED HELP. Hell even if you are a troll you need help.

Stop posting and see a doctor.
Wish I could rep you again but I gotta spread it around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies