Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
African Americans who look mixed are more mainstream, they are considered less threatening, and most people agree that they are more attractive than black people who don't look mixed. I know that if I looked mixed my life would be so much easier. People would be nicer and more accepting of me. I wouldn't have to question or constantly worry about how attractive or feminine I appear to the opposite sex. all the negative things said about black women especially dark black women in the media would not affect me. I'd be able to open up an African American magazine and see women who resembled me. Dating the opposite sex would be so much easier. If there was some type of surgery that could make me look naturally mixed like Lauren London, Rihanna or Beyonce I'd be the first in line to get it. I really wished my family would have mixed the gene pool a lot more. I don't know what they were thinking, it's like they didn't take into account how hard life would be on their offspring (especially for girls) by mating with each other.
weird.

I'm not (directly) mixed and I never had a problem getting a date.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
I think Beyonce looks plain.

When I see documentaries of actual African women, they are all absolutely gorgeous, imo.
Beyoncé looked better before she got her nose done, lightened her skin, and lost all that weight.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Fwiw,Obama stillgets called a monkey,and he is mixed.
I've heard Stacey dAsh referred to as a monkey too.
Less attrractive mixed race people do exist. You know Tiny,Tisha Campbell?
Tisha Campbell looks 10 times better than anybody's Tiny. she's average at worst. Tiny is like Lil Wayne's mixed cousin. But I'm sure she's a nice person.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:46 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Black girls with this phenotype are much more accepted in the AA community

but I have a phenotype look like this girl
and I always get asked if i am from Africa and treated like an outsider by the more mixed looking AAs. I've tried straightening my hair but it doesn't help. I have a west african head shape that most likely can't even be changed with surgery. I just want that slightly mixed look like most AAs so I can blend in and fit in more. I am tired of being outcasted for looking too black
She looks similar to my daughter, who I think is stunning. I'd much rather be so dark skinned that the term black actually fits than one of the really pasty white girls with no color at all. Also, the girl's features fit her and create a very attractive young lady. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Quote:
I'm reminded that lighter is better all the time. Just recently some white girl mentioned to me this beautiful "darkskinned" Black woman, she points to her, and the woman is not even darkskinned. She's rihanna's color with light eyes. I became very depressed and was crying later that day. This happens a lot. someone always telling me how beautiful some lightskin person is. It makes me want to committ suicide
I seriously hope you are just being a troll, otherwise you need to seek professional help.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:46 PM

247 posts, read 354,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
Beyoncé looked better before she got her nose done, lightened her skin, and lost all that weight.
Beyonce has always been light

Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I'm not (directly) mixed and I never had a problem getting a date.
Me either. OP has issues that have nothing to do with race.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
I feel excluded in the AA community sometimes because of my phenotype. At times it does appear like there are less Afro featured black women like me in the community and I don't feel like I fit in
again, I have very afro-centric features. my secret when I was young? I was always the smartest, funniest, most charming woman in the room...and I was quite thin, but with curves. never had an issue.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Beyonce has always been light
not as light as she is now. she was golden brown.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:57 PM

247 posts, read 354,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Me either. OP has issues that have nothing to do with race.
What do you look like? you have black people saying their not mixed but then they are Keri Hilson's color It's whatever. I know a lot of people are going to downplay what I am going through..I'm not imagining things or making all this stuff up

Old 04-17-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I have smooth even dark clear skin, and no one ever compliments me on it. It has no value because it's dark. Whenever I'm in the company of other people, they always compliment white or very light skin that belong to mixed race/African Americans. I never hear anyone tell darkskin Black people IRL that their skin is beautiful. Ever.
I would. I've often wishedI was darker so my blemishes and scars wouldn't be so obvious. when I was little I was dark brown like my son, but as I've gotten older, I've lost color. I used to at least get darker in the summer time. my husband said I would glow. but since turning 30 my face doesn't seem to get any darker. I'm starting to, God help me, look like my mother, who is light with hazel eyes. she has not aged particularly well because she smoked and was an alcoholic. I always hoped I'd look more like my dad as I aged. He was dark and looked like he was in his 50s until he died at 83.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies