Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 07:57 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times

Advertisements

"The moviemakers are free to choose, but it seems like it was their way of giving people like me the middle finger," says Larry Reyes, a Navy veteran and founder of the "Boycott Hanoi Jane Playing Nancy Reagan" page.

Fonda's response: "Get a life," she tells THR. "If he creates hoopla, it will cause more people to see the movie."

The article goes on to state, "Fonda was aware of potential pushback and had a portion of the script changed because it made Nancy look too mean. "I might not have always agreed with Nancy Reagan, but I admire her, and I'd never try to insert my views when playing her," says Fonda. "I tried to be who she was: a forceful, loyal, powerful first lady."
Jane Fonda on Her Nancy Reagan Role: Critics Need to 'Get a Life'

They are two, strong women who look/looked fabulous in their 70s. Seems like a good choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 06:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,310 times
My husband was a POW in Vietnam, I do not see any of her movies, this one is no different. I feel it is an insult to all military, and President Reagan.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:54 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Jane Fonda has no character to speak of.. she was suppose to be a liberated woman and gets every kind of cosmetic surgery known to man..

Hanoi Jane kissed up to the enemy that was killing our soldiers in the Vietnam war.. because of her and John Communist Kerry they extended the Vietnam war giving support to the enemy , causing low moral with our soldiers and they never got a welcome home when they finally did end the war.. the communist infiltrated the colleges just as they are doing today to get the anti-american spirit flooding into the minds of many who don't even know they are supporting those who kill our boys . That war was escalated by JFK because he saw the spread of communism across the world.. today we are becoming communist inch by inch with Obama and his administration.. picking John Communist Kerry who called our troops barbarians gave the enemy a new vitalized spirit to know that supposed americans was on THEIR SIDE!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:53 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Jane Fonda has no character to speak of.. she was suppose to be a liberated woman and gets every kind of cosmetic surgery known to man..

Hanoi Jane kissed up to the enemy that was killing our soldiers in the Vietnam war.. because of her and John Communist Kerry they extended the Vietnam war giving support to the enemy , causing low moral with our soldiers and they never got a welcome home when they finally did end the war.. the communist infiltrated the colleges just as they are doing today to get the anti-american spirit flooding into the minds of many who don't even know they are supporting those who kill our boys . That war was escalated by JFK because he saw the spread of communism across the world.. today we are becoming communist inch by inch with Obama and his administration.. picking John Communist Kerry who called our troops barbarians gave the enemy a new vitalized spirit to know that supposed americans was on THEIR SIDE!
That is not correct. Just before he was assassinated, JFK signed a National Security Memorandum that called for the removal of the first 1000 troops from Viet Nam by December 31, 1963. It was cancelled by LBJ two days after the assassination. The escalation was on LBJ's watch.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

'That war' did not exist during JFK's lifetime, we had no combat troops in Vietnam until 1965. Your lack of factual knowledge just highlights the silliness of the rest of your baseless, pointless whine.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:10 AM

50,320 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Was Dennis Rodman busy?

Old 04-23-2013, 08:44 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,225,468 times
Hanoi Jane can play King Richard The Lionheart for all I care. Have not viewed any film or TV show in which she appears since 1972, and never will. Some things you can forgive, but treason is not one of them.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
That is not correct. Just before he was assassinated, JFK signed a National Security Memorandum that called for the removal of the first 1000 troops from Viet Nam by December 31, 1963. It was cancelled by LBJ two days after the assassination. The escalation was on LBJ's watch.
You are wrong!

Old 04-23-2013, 08:48 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,496,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
'That war' did not exist during JFK's lifetime, we had no combat troops in Vietnam until 1965. Your lack of factual knowledge just highlights the silliness of the rest of your baseless, pointless whine.

Quote:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War

Old 04-23-2013, 09:00 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,267 times
Well,I have no respect for the *****. She was a traitor. Lots of people opposed the war in Vietnam. What she did was treason and should have been treated as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies