Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 12:58 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times

Advertisements

The seller did not pull the trigger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 01:03 PM

945 posts, read 968,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post

Seek forgiveness? ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL.

This holy roller is a moron, people actually listen to this guy? He is the one that left his suicidal son to the 'devil' while he was emptying out the parishioners pockets.

This guy and Joel Osteen have jumped the shark, no one takes people who make millions on the backs of the religious peasants is the definition of snake oil salesmen.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:12 PM

288 posts, read 230,840 times
So what? The seller didn't make him pull the trigger....

Old 04-12-2013, 01:18 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Sit in your car with the engine running. Hanging. Pills. Jump off of something. slit your wrist.

The point being that someone who wants to kill themselves have all sorts of options available to them. What we once again have here is a mental health issue that was not dealt with.

He didn't kill himself because he was able to get a gun. He killed himself because he had mental health issues. Serious....it would have been better for him to have jumped off a bridge?

Old 04-12-2013, 01:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
So what? The seller didn't make him pull the trigger....
If the gun was registered, his son would still be alive because everyone knows that registered guns dont kill people.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:40 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I have yet to see, any online sites, offering firearms for sale that do not have to go through an FFL. Especially if state lines are being crossed, or the gun is to be shipped. It's not like you just find an add, send me the money I send you the gun. ???? Online gun sales are heavily regulated. It's not like the government was blind to how illegal guns could be moved online. So, where does one post an ad, selling guns, across jurisdictional lines, without it getting flagged? Only an FFL can do that, and the transaction is recorded. SN of the gun, shipper, receiver, and final transaction done in accordance with all applicable laws.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:46 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I have yet to see, any online sites, offering firearms for sale that do not have to go through an FFL.
I know of none either. I know that no matter how many laws we pass though if someone wants to get a gun off the record that they always will be able to though.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:59 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
Better ban the internet then. Somebody call Al Gore and have him flip the switch.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I have yet to see, any online sites, offering firearms for sale that do not have to go through an FFL. Especially if state lines are being crossed, or the gun is to be shipped. It's not like you just find an add, send me the money I send you the gun. ???? Online gun sales are heavily regulated. It's not like the government was blind to how illegal guns could be moved online. So, where does one post an ad, selling guns, across jurisdictional lines, without it getting flagged? Only an FFL can do that, and the transaction is recorded. SN of the gun, shipper, receiver, and final transaction done in accordance with all applicable laws.
One could buy a gun from say, craigslist, and have it shipped to you.. Dont know how legal that might be though

Old 04-12-2013, 02:07 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
So what. He bought a gun online and killed himself. He was determined to have a final solution and he got one.

What's the problem? He made a choice.

When you buy anything online it's not coming the same day. He patiently waited for days to get that gun and bullets.

He did it secretly also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies