Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 08:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We have a whole new set of "tax the rich" rules that kicked in 1/1/2013 so let's give it another year and see how much more wealth the really rich get and how much poorer the middle class get.
LOL. OK, so today we are back to saying he is killing the rich Yesterday he was drowning them in money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 08:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
"we". LOL. At least you admit you say whatevery everuyone else happens to be saying, one thing today, and something else tomorrow.
What the hell is wrong with you that you dont comprehend this? WHere have I changed my positions? I challenge you to find ONE example..
Quote:
Which claim are you referring to?

1. Redistribute wealth from rich to poor
Obama redifined the definition of "rich".. that fact that you cant get this through your head isnt something I'd be broadcasting to the world..
Quote:
2. Redistribute wealth from poor to rich
FAIL..

Creating policies that benefit A, doesnt equate to redistribution. TAKING money from someone does.
Quote:
Both are partisan drivel, and I haven't supported either claim, but you have supported BOTH,
Oh stop lying, its utterly embarassing.. I've supported NEITHER..

YOU DID.

Once again I ask, WHO WILL PROFIT FROM OBAMACARE? WHY WONT YOU ANSWER?
Quote:
although they are the opposite.
Not quite.. His policies have benefited the poor, (if one has the attitude that perpetuating poverty is a benefit) and the rich, havent they? Do you think there are only 2 segments of society?

I've non stop criticized his plans as perpetuating poverty, and here you are, telling me that shows support for them? Are you on drugs?
Quote:
Whatever suits the mood.
But YOU supported his policies and now standing here pretending you didnt, and once again, you're blaming US for it?
Quote:
If you want to know who I supported, I'll tell you: Ron Paul.
Yeah, you supported Ron Paul, right after you supported Obamacare.. And you have the nerve to try to lecture us on supporting "opposites".. haha, ooh god, thank you for providing me with humor..

Old 04-14-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
We have a whole new set of "tax the rich" rules that kicked in 1/1/2013 so let's give it another year and see how much more wealth the really rich get and how much poorer the middle class get.
Quote:
LOL. OK, so today we are back to saying he is killing the rich Yesterday he was drowning them in money.
Bing.. now we figured it out.. YOU lack comprehension

Thats not even close to what they said.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:05 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Obviously you didn't understand what I meant when I put quotes around that phrase.
"tax the rich" is what Obama has been telling the masses for 5 years now.

All you are doing is twisting and deflecting. If, after 4 years of Obama "tax the rich" policies, the rich are richer then he really didn't tax those rich, did he ? And if he didn't then who did he really tax ?
Why the MIDDLE CLASS, that's who.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
"tax the rich" is what Obama has been telling the masses for 5 years now.

All you are doing is twisting and deflecting. If, after 4 years of Obama "tax the rich" policies, the rich are richer then he really didn't tax those rich, did he ? And if he didn't then who did he really tax ?
Why the MIDDLE CLASS, that's who.
Well, if the claims about him taxing the rich to death are true, and yet the rich are getting richer, then wouldn't that mean the taxes didn't kill the rich?

Old 04-14-2013, 09:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Well, if the claims about him taxing the rich to death are true, and yet the rich are getting richer, then wouldn't that mean the taxes didn't kill the rich?
Not if the taxes really hit the middle class my friend.

This past January the cap gains/dividend rates got changed.
Obama said $250K+ and $450K+ would get hit..remember ?

And the masses rejoiced and then went back to watching America's Idol.

Meanwhile grandma, who gets her income from a Trust her husband set up for her before he died will pay the higher "tax the rich" rate on every penny over $11,000 she gets from that trust. Did you know that ?
Grandma may only be getting $40K a year from that trust in income/cap gains but $29,000 of that money is subject to the higher cap gains/dividend taxes in effect 1/1.

Details Finn, details is what the masses don't bother with.
You base your arguments on talking points and headline blurbs and proposals spewed by politicians.
It's what happens after the bills pass that matter.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yeah, you supported Ron Paul, right after you supported Obamacare.. And you have the nerve to try to lecture us on supporting "opposites".. haha, ooh god, thank you for providing me with humor..
Yes, you support one issue today, and then you oppose the exact same issue tomorrow if you party tells you to.

I supported Ron Paul in 2008 and in 2012, and I would have been perfectly happy with him as president. It doesn't mean I agree with him on every single issue. For example I do not support his comments about Israel. If you are going to claim that you oppose every aspect of Obamacare, then you are only showing your partisanship, because there are aspects of Obamacare which have been supported by both parties, and even by Ron Paul.

Today, you claim to oppose Obamacare 100%, but yesterday you voted for the guy who invented it: Mitt Romney. See what I mean?

The mandate, which I am sure you oppose was an idea invented by conservatives in 1990s, and I can assure you that every Republican would have supported in 2010 had it been proposed by Republicans.

A lot of independents voted for Ron Paul.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Not if the taxes really hit the middle class my friend.

This past January the cap gains/dividend rates got changed.
Obama said $250K+ and $450K+ would get hit..remember ?
You can't claim to be in the middle class if your income is in top 1.5%. Seriously. Maybe you don't understand what "middle" means. I don't care if someone calls them "rich". Let's call them TOP 1.5%.

And you know what? The Top 1.5% are doing great. Even if such people are middle class to you, such people would typically have investments in the 401K and stock market, and no one with investments are complaining.

Quote:
You base your arguments on talking points and headline blurbs and proposals spewed by politicians.
On this thread I based them on the comments made by posters yesterday, compared to today.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Yes, you support one issue today, and then you oppose the exact same issue tomorrow if you party tells you to.
Liar.. find me one example..
Quote:
I supported Ron Paul in 2008 and in 2012, and I would have been perfectly happy with him as president. It doesn't mean I agree with him on every single issue. For example I do not support his comments about Israel.
But his policies about Israel, has absolutly nothing to do with the topic, does it? Tell me what his policies were on Obamacare?
Quote:
If you are going to claim that you oppose every aspect of Obamacare, then you are only showing your partisanship, because there are aspects of Obamacare which have been supported by both parties, and even by Ron Paul.
Wait, let me get this straight,
If I oppose every aspect of Obamacare, than I'm partisan, even though I would have a different view than my party? Wouldnt this directly disagree with what you just said which is I would support what my party tells me? You cant even keep your babble straight on the same posting, thats sad
Quote:
Today, you claim to oppose Obamacare 100%, but yesterday you voted for the guy who invented it: Mitt Romney. See what I mean?
Tell me, is it the urge to just run around lying, or stupidity that stops you from understanding the difference between a state government, and federal? For the record, I didnt support Romneycare either, but Romneycare wasnt taxpayer funded and doesnt affect me..

The only thing I see is you have a need to lie about what others supported in order to pretend you are making a point, but in reality you're just embarassing yourself.
Quote:
The mandate, which I am sure you oppose was an idea invented by conservatives in 1990s, and I can assure you that every Republican would have supported in 2010 had it been proposed by Republicans.
Wait, once again you are flip flopping. If I oppose the idea, and it was invented by conservatives, then clearly I wouldnt be walking lock and step with my party, would I?
Quote:
A lot of independents voted for Ron Paul.
I doubt many of them supported Obamacare and other bills the perpetuate poverty, just because they were passed by Obama..

Once again, who is profiting from Obamacare? Wouldnt it be the very same folks from the OP's chart, i.e. the wealthy?

I, probably more than any other poster, try to emphasise the difference between wealth and income, and you have the nerve to try to tell me I supported this ****..

STOP LYING.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
You can't claim to be in the middle class if your income is in top 1.5%. Seriously. Maybe you don't understand what "middle" means. I don't care if someone calls them "rich". Let's call them TOP 1.5%.
That really depends on where you live
Quote:
And you know what? The Top 1.5% are doing great. Even if such people are middle class to you, such people would typically have investments in the 401K and stock market, and no one with investments are complaining.

On this thread I based them on the comments made by posters yesterday, compared to today.
Yep, the top 1.5% are doing great, thanks to plans YOU SUPPORTED..

LIKE OBAMACARE..

I'm sure they are thankful to people like you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies