Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 03:05 AM

104 posts, read 83,159 times

Advertisements

On a national level, the Republicans by and large have embarrassed themselves with their stances on certain social issues and dumb comments. But on a local level, at least here in Illinois, democrats have continued to ruin our state and bring it into financial ruin. We have the largest unfunded pension system in the nation, and our tax policies created by democrats in our legislature have driven away businesses and thus shrinked the overall tax base while hurting the average Illinois resident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 04:09 AM

143 posts, read 122,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreau36 View Post
Do you guys must always look at it from one angle? No matter which party was in control , whether it's the House, Senate or the Presidency, they're both there for their own interest only, not the interest of the people. I just wish the sheep in this nation would wake up and observe that they are caught up in the fraudulent two-party system. Both parties, behind closed doors, sleep in the same bed, but the clone media networks refuse to inform you that fact.

That's why I support term limits not just for Congress and the President, but also the Supreme Court. I would also make lobbying be it by labor unions or private enterprise illegal. Lobbying is nothing more than overt legitimate bribery. To further make politicians accountable to the people, I would give each candidate for Federal offices a limited campaign budget. We lost accountability in our government officials some time ago and it gets worse and worse with every election cycle.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:18 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,924,191 times
The only reason to support Republicans is that Democrats are even worse. Obamacare has to be the single worse piece of legislation ever crafted. A lot of small businesses are about to be forced to layoff employeees to get below 50 or cut their employees hours to below 30. Not good for the businesses or their employees.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:31 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,456,295 times
Default Why should we ever give Republicans power?

So they can pursue the GOP agenda:

More for millionaires, less for the rest of us.

Another failed middle east war.

Re-deregulate the financial markets to set the stage for a deeper recession.

Inject silly religious nonsense into the schools' science curriculum.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:33 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,697,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It's important to have at least two parties sharing power, but it seems like instead of the rather evil rightwing Republicans who want more and more for the wealthy in addition to more and more for war toys, we could have a liberal party like Greens to balance off the slightly conservative (by European standards) Democrats.

I'm actually in favor of a reasonable amount of fiscal conservativism, but we need to better choose what we eliminate from the budget. There's no need for the govt to be involved deeply in marriages or other moral issues. And we could easily have a decent universal healthcare system if we decide to stop policing the world beyond what's actually necessary, the money saved from the one thing could pay for the expense of the other.
Truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusilier0770 View Post
That's why I support term limits not just for Congress and the President, but also the Supreme Court. I would also make lobbying be it by labor unions or private enterprise illegal. Lobbying is nothing more than overt legitimate bribery. To further make politicians accountable to the people, I would give each candidate for Federal offices a limited campaign budget. We lost accountability in our government officials some time ago and it gets worse and worse with every election cycle.
And this.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:20 AM

1,922 posts, read 1,748,554 times
The ruling class fascists want to be in power. These people don't care if it is as a D or an R. This is not the way it is supposed to be in this nation.

The federal government is out of control. It should be limited as was the intent of the founders. We need to be a nation of sovereign states with a common but limited central government.

But people now want the federal government to be all-powerful as long as it is their side in the majority.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:52 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,348,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
My impression over the last 20 years or so is that the Republicans want to be in power. But when they get power, they prove so corrupt and inept that they basically undermine the government. Since they, by definition, hate government, and consider it inept, their incompetence only serves to reinforce their ideology.

So I ask, who would hire a person who has signed pledged to insure they will not do their job? Or who has said that they believe the job is not of any value?

I don't think Republicans were always like this. In the past there were many who really cared, but now is seems like the more they screw things up, the more they please their base. How is rewarding that brazen lust for power, coupled with complete and militant incompetence, a good idea for the rest of us?
This is so laughable it's hardly worth responding to. One would believe that you have been living in a cave for tha last four years with no access to the outside world.

Nonetheless, I'd like to ask, what do you think the job of our elected representatives is? Is it to raise taxes? Is it simply to pass laws? What is it, in your view?

I read in the Constitution that the government was given limited powers, and that the primary reason for establishing a Federal Government are set forth in the preamble. Perhaps you have never read it?

The Democrat Party today is as corrupt as we have ever seen, and their "lust for power" becomes more and more evident with every passing day. If you need to be provided with examples, you are completely blind.

But you accuse Republicans of corruption? Amazing!

Old 04-13-2013, 07:57 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,239,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And Obama has more Americans on food stamps than ever before -- so why elect liberals?
The more slaves to the government the more democratic voters there will be.
Dems are instituting slavery but instead of slave owners they want one master , the federal government

Old 04-13-2013, 08:43 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,213,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Democrat Party today is as corrupt as we have ever seen, and their "lust for power" becomes more and more evident with every passing day. If you need to be provided with examples, you are completely blind.
They also have held power for about 75% of the time over the last 50 years, but the OP wants us to believe tis the GOP to blame..
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
But you accuse Republicans of corruption? Amazing!
These same people will say they are non partisan..

I have to ask myself how these people can be so wrong about things like suggesting Clinton had a surplus, then how the hell can we listen to them in regards to anything else.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,213,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The more slaves to the government the more democratic voters there will be.
Dems are instituting slavery but instead of slave owners they want one master , the federal government
They have always supported discrimination and keeping people down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies