Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 03:31 PM

684 posts, read 1,123,591 times

Advertisements

60% is being kind.

Someone has to join Cali's Finest.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:56 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,075,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Is it that maybe Asians are hard workers on the most part and believe in the traditional American way of life.

If you want something you have to "EARN IT"!
Exactly.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:10 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,692,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They also don't have any Big Mouth community organizers making a living off of them.
That was my very first thought when I read the title. No Sharpton, Jackson, etc.

Others have added other good answers; i.e., work ethic, responsibility, etc, but there don't seem to be any hateful organizations such as NAACP, whatever else is out there pounding and ranting over every little thing and getting the troops into an uproar over nothing.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:22 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,565,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Because they respect work, education and family.

They see the American Dream and make no excuses.

My next door neighbors are from Vietnam. They have 6 kids, all of them are college graduates-either doctors or lawyers.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:02 AM

2,293 posts, read 3,950,923 times
These are relatively unknown left wing organizations that most likely don't have wide support in the Asian community.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:04 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,970,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
These are relatively unknown left wing organizations that most likely don't have wide support in the Asian community.
If it wasn't for the stigma that the GOP is home to white racists and nationalists, then we would probably see a much larger proportion of the East Asian population in the US voting Republican, I think. Judging from what I've read briefly, the left-wing parties in South Korea and Japan are probably equivalent to the moderate wing of the GOP.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:07 AM

684 posts, read 1,123,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
My next door neighbors are from Vietnam. They have 6 kids, all of them are college graduates-either doctors or lawyers.
The college grad rates for most Asian American communities are crazy good.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:14 AM

25,858 posts, read 16,565,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
The college grad rates for most Asian American communities are crazy good.
They are great parents. We could all learn something from them. I used to work in the Hmong Community occasionally and always was amazed with the little kids and the parents relationship with them. They are very gentle and kind. The little tots don't sit in a highchair to eat, the mother kind of follows them around with the food. I thought it was kind of ridiculous at the time, but look at the results. They raise the bar at every school they go to, they don't break the law. They are very family orientated. The Hmong elderly don't go to nursing homes, the family takes them in.

We could use more citizens like them.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:21 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,784,297 times
Surprised people are defending Asians, probably the biggest threat to white America and as the numbers are looking seem to be doing quite good in interracial dating rending American women borderline worthless.

Not to mention something called Chinatown as well as a history of eating and serving animals to Americans and calling it Chinese food.

You're dealing with people who as a whole still live in a tight democracy where the government tells them to shut the **** up, live in a small space and they just do it. They don't deal with American culture and no tv producer will put them in front of the to and make a sayer out if them.

Compared to blacks which are a big money maker to the entertainment industry, whether coining, or athletics or whatever people like seeing blas act a fool.

In other words Asians aren't very marketable by American standards making them less desirable to follow down that path.

Jeremy Lin wears his race in his sleeve and he's constantly bitching about proving a point because he's Asian.

You guys really can't shake that negro hate title if you tried.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:34 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,689,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Is it that maybe Asians are hard workers on the most part and believe in the traditional American way of life.

If you want something you have to "EARN IT"!
Asian immigrants came here because they wanted to come here. If they don't like it or make it here, they have the choice of going back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies