Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 06:02 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
ROFL..Japanese students don't want to come here because the US has guns ?
We've always had guns.

How's about commenting on the state of Japan's lost decade or their current financial condition that might affect a parent's ability to finance a college education abroad ?
LOL the Japanese students at the business school I attended planned a nice cultural trip to Japan which I was fortunate enough to participate in. We had about 10-20 Japanese students. They seemed to like America just fine and weren't scared.

Last edited by EdwardA; 04-15-2013 at 07:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 06:06 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,690,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The 9-11 hijackers were foreign students.
We cannot generalise-who did this? Should not blame foreign students. What was the background of Oklahoma city bomber???

Old 04-15-2013, 06:33 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Then they are free to return to their own country, where they will feel safer. See? Problem solved.
Bingo!!!

Old 04-15-2013, 07:50 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL the Japanese students at the business school I attended planned a nice cultural trip to Japan which I was fortunate enough to participate in. We had about 10-20 Japanese students. They seemed to like America just fine and weren't scared.
We had a Japanese exchange student here when I was in High School. Her name was Myuki. She and I became friends, because I had spent time in Japan, when my Dad was in the NavyI speak a little of the language and understand their culture a bit bettern' my peers did.

We hung out a lot. Used to go for truck and horseback rides in the desert. Alwayz had a saddle rifle or 22 pistol. Standard equipment. She wasn't scared. She was kind of fascinated. It fit the impression oc the "wild west" image a lot of Japanese hax of us, at the time. Of course, it's not like folks walk around town in dusters packing Colt 1873s. But she really dug the ranch life cultural experience. She had some stories to tell when she got home. Lol.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:41 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4madonna View Post
Its kinda scary to know that you can go out any day and never come back to your house due to some crazy using a gun at a mall, restaurants, schools, etc.
Im a foreigner. I love this country, but i do not love guns.

3 things i hate about the USA

1. Religious freaks
2. Gun lovers
3. The racism

Now im gonna sit and wait for the typical American comment "if you dont like it you can leave", "go back to your country", etc, etc, etc.
You can go out any day and die in a car accident, also. Do you stay out of cars? Are parents afraid of vehicle travel?

1 thing I hate about immigrants - they come to a country that is obviously superior to the one they left, and complain about the very things that make the US superior.

And yes, that IS the typical comment. Why wouldn't it be. If those things are so terrible, then you are free to leave. Obviously they're not so bad.

What country are you from? Because I'm guessing that your country has its share of those on your list.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
A friend of mine and I took her husband to be to a major gun dealer. When he saw the showroom with hundreds of guns just sitting there and a couple of dozen buyers looking at and handling them he didn't know whether to be shocked or fascinated. I just said "Welcome to the States. We don't fear people with guns."

Old 04-16-2013, 07:09 AM

684 posts, read 1,122,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I wish the H1-Bs and illegals were so afraid of guns they wouldn't come here.
And what of those who are not afraid?

Those who find American masculinity which is so tied to their guns to be laughable and do not consider any American a legitimate safety concern? Are they welcome?

Old 04-16-2013, 07:09 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
My German girlfriend never had to drive a car when she was in Germany, but when she came to the US, she was actually scared to learn how to drive. A little education puts many-a-fear to rest.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:22 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Then they are free to return to their own country, where they will feel safer. See? Problem solved.
Absolutley !

Old 04-16-2013, 07:24 AM

684 posts, read 1,122,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
My German girlfriend never had to drive a car when she was in Germany, but when she came to the US, she was actually scared to learn how to drive. A little education puts many-a-fear to rest.
Pics or it didnt happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies