Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 08:40 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
Good question. There IS a track record of Chechen terrorism IN Russia (Moscow subway bombings, I think?), part of that big guerrilla war they had with Russia.

So why target a US event like the Marathon?
They are the ones that shot all those school kids. Beslan school hostage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-19-2013, 08:40 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1 View Post
Rofl, right.

This dude looks as Arab as Arab gets. He is not white by any stretch of the imagination. Open you eyes and quit wish it was a white guy racist.

Muslim Arab, case close.
I'm glad we aren't looking for an Arab because we wouldn't find him...

I'm surprised you didn't put a sepia filter on the photo to really get your agenda across.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Why is a single Muslim allowed to enter the United States for whatever reason? What does any Saudi or Chechen have to offer western society?
Exactly! There is no way to tell whether the immigrant is a killer in waiting, so the door needs to be slammed shut. Anyway, we get all the cheap muscle we need from Mexico (Christian) and the brains we need from India (peaceful Hindus and Sikhs) so we don't need to be importing potential terrorists from the Middle East.

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Maybe they have their own little terrorist cell here in Boston?

Might be. They found another bomb in Boston, so there may be an accomplice(s).

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No we are NOT going to assume anything...
Again, there is a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things, and given what has happened here in the U.S. we need to get our heads on straight....
once again....I don't care who you are, I'm not going to assume your a terrorist...but if you come to America, get your citizenship and become a working member of your community, period. Otherwise, everything else becomes chaotic....

yanno, that is the whole problem with this country today, we've become corrupt...we don't pay attention to rules, regulations and laws, everyone now thinks they are entitled, b/c they have a special needs situation...no, it's black or white, and you don't deviate from the law....there is no excuse....period.
Is this supposed to be some sort of cure-all?

The older brother had LEGAL residency.

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Hopefully he stays up north and doesn't travel down here - we don't need any of that bad mojo that follows him...
You think it's chasing him like final destination?

Old 04-19-2013, 08:42 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Hmmm, this might be a fair enough middle ground. Some can say " See, it was moslems" and others who were wishing it was white guys can somewhat be satisfied. They werren't aryan redneck types, but ball park white. They were probably commies, to boot. You can't NOT find a reason to hate them.
And they used handguns to kill and wound people, so that will have the anti gun folks reason to celebrate. Right wingers can point to our lowered standards of immigration as the cause of the harm they caused.
I hope we get the baby faced one alive and he gets a good taste of our prison system. No matter how many line up to defend him, he's going to rot in prison but he'll be VERY popular.
Thats about the only reason I can think of to spare him the death penalty, his life being a living hell.
I also hope they catch him alive and there is an early and quick trial.

I can't imagine anyone stepping up to defend him, other than the lawyer who will be paid to do that. Other than his lawyer, I would be wary of anyone who attempts to use excuses to "defend" him.

1,000 posts, read 1,127,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Is this supposed to be some sort of cure-all?

The older brother had LEGAL residency.
And the youngest is a US Citizen.

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Defend your vacuous reply.
McCain was born to two US citizens whose ancestors were American citizens for multiple generations. how does he compare to these two suspects who are reportedly from Kyrgyzstan?

3,004 posts, read 5,150,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I've not only stopped and thought about it, I've studied it.

Now, the question for you: The Chechen brothers attack a marathon for what purpose?

What has America sown in Chechnya?

Or are disaffected boy-men allowed to speak for all of the Islamic world?
Only they know why they hit a marathon. Who said their lack of love for the US came when they were young lads in Chechnya? Odds are they would really have no inkling about the world in that way at that age. They would probably be too busy being kids. All of this at this point is speculation, but of course being a muslim in America one would imagine and as others have said in the media is not easy, especially after 9/11. Throw in them being white and one could surmise some of the things they've heard or been directed at them and their beliefs. Does it mean blow up a marathon, no, but being outcasts is something more than plausible. Odds are the stronger (mentally) of the brothers snapped and convinced the tag along brother to go along with his outrageous plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies