Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 12:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There should be.

Imagine if this had been a white American guy or guys!!!! If there was the slightest hint of him ever being part of a white supremist group or more absurdly if he had ever been at a Tea Party rally, the media would be blasting that but since it's about Islam, it's clear they simply do not want that mentioned and are doing everything they can to make this not connected in any way to Islam.

Clearly a double standard and a very strange agenda on the part of the media and this administration.
Oh, for Ford's sake! If, if, if. You have no idea what the situation would be if the suspect was a white American guy. And actually, the guy is a white American.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:17 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I believe they have stated their parents were Ghanian immigrants, yes...
So because my parents are Ghanaian I should support immigration of Muslims who want to kill people indiscriminately in the country I was born in?

Old 04-19-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I don't believe you. I live in the Christian, RED, heartland and I've never seen anything even remotely like anyone whatsoever screaming at Muslims at Wal-Mart, the grocery store, or anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I live in Kansas and yes, there are Muslims here (can't believe people would think there aren't; shows how uninformed and stereotypical people are). And no, I have never heard anyone say anything disaparaging to a Muslim, before or after 9/11. I have read lots of disparaging remarks on the internet, but I have never seen anyone be rude or say anything rude to a Muslim in my area. They live and work and go to school among us and are accepted as a part of our communities like anyone else.
I've never seen anything like that in public here in Colorado, either. I think where the discrimination goes on is in the schools, workplaces, etc.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:18 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Why are so many people pointing fingers at Bush or Obama? There are over 313 million people in this country! Does anyone really think the President of the United States meets all of them and goes door to door checking on illegal activities?

We've had many, many horrific crimes committed by people who were born and raised right here in the United States. Honestly, I don't remember anyone blaming Bush or Clinton after the Oklahoma City bombing. People all came together to pray for the victims. I sometimes believe the Republicans in Congress, who openly admitted their main goal is to destroy Obama, have torn our country apart, or maybe it's people like Rush Limbaugh whose job it is to stir up hate.

We shouldn't be talking about the right-wing or the left-wing. The 2 bombers came here legally. Maybe ICE didn't do its job, but we don't have enough details. However, who can really say "Bush let them into the country" with a straight face. That's ridiculous. It's also absurd to blame Obama for not knowing 2 men living here legally were planning to go on a killing spree.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:19 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
There is no basis what so ever for your remarks. I am sure you are hate driven in your misguided thinking, which remains off topic anyway.
There's plenty of basis, here's a few gems from this thread alone:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
None of us has credible information regarding who might have been behind these acts of terrorism, but the "Tea Party" is a hate group ... by many Americans. I don't think there's much dispute about that. It's been described as the "American Taliban."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
And Glen Beck, the tea party and Rush Limbaugh etc. Sadly, this is where I believe this is going. Again, we dont know, but if this were intnl the fbi would have said something by now. JMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off-beat View Post
While people are looking at those photos, just keep in mind: a Tea Party affiliate most likely caused that carnage.

Quote:
Everyone in law enforcement I talk to is saying that a conservative Tea Party affiliate is most likely responsible for the attacks.
Quote:

So people can shut up now about al-Qaeda, North Korea, Iran, the Saudis, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This is some lunatic fringe of the Tea Party, such as we can see here any day encouraging rebellion for constitutional and taxation reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
On this note I think we should bar any investigator,cop,attorney etc that is a republican or conservative or has ever espoused any conservative viewpoint from this investigation. I also think that any video or pictures from any conservative source be it the public or news service should be put aside until they're tested for manipulation or outright photoshopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
Too low key, this smacks of amateur right wing terrorism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Me, for two. I'm still sticking to my "militant wing of the United Empire Loyalists" theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
A couple of red neck white guys were probably responsible. . . super right wing nut jobs who rant about freedom and guns and the usual crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post

Old 04-19-2013, 12:19 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
thats what happens when you chase cheap labor,you want cheap services you got to pay a price
the U.S with the exception of mostly illegal immigrants have a thorough immigration system and only lets end smart people regardless of region

Whaaa???

Was this post intended to be satirical or are you actually that ill-informed?

How the U.S. could fix its immigration policies by looking to Canada | News | National Post

What is that issue driving your illegal alien problem again; oh yeah cheap labour.

Who is it employing over 12 million illegals in the U.S. oh that's right American business's.

Canada's immigration system is now one of the most stringent in requirements while the U.S.'s allows illegals in without retribution. Ain't no way in hell there are illegal aliens in Canada being given driver's licenses as policy and we sure as hell aren't giving droves of them amnesty to encourage more of them.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
thats what happens when you chase cheap labor,you want cheap services you got to pay a price
the U.S with the exception of mostly illegal immigrants have a thorough immigration system and only lets end smart people regardless of region
I believe this family was admitted as refugees.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:21 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
So america opened the door to your parents and you now want to close that same door.... ? Can we deport your parents?

Ok....
Well they're citizens for 30 years or so. If Ghanaians were known for terror plots America would be stupid to let them in. Immigration is not an all or nothing policy. We can pick which countries we choose to source out immigrants from.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:21 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So you think I don't know that my parents are Ghanaian? Obviously I can look at an issue objectively. America does not have to allow everyone and anyone around the globe here sorry and if it decides it is no longer in its interest to allow Ghanaians into the country so be it.

Time to renounce the Imm Act of 65 and go back to the Imm Act of 24.
This tolerance nonsense is suicidal and silly.
Are you and your parents going to self-deport back to Ghana, since under the Immigration Act of 1924, there would be no way for them to have immigrated here in the first place, meaning you wouldn't be here either? I mean if you really feel that strongly about this issue, that'd be fair thing to do...

Or do you feel comfortable with your level of hypocrisy? Oh, we got ours--f-the rest of you...

Old 04-19-2013, 12:22 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Well they're citizens for 30 years or so. If Ghanaians were known for terror plots America would be stupid to let them in. Immigration is not an all or nothing policy. We can pick which countries we choose to source out immigrants from.
I dont like Ghannans, can we just deport your family? I think they need to go and take their anchor baby with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies