Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 02:31 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times

Advertisements

Interesting update. Looks like he may have killed his own brother by running him over. I unfortunately saw the morgue photo, and there were severe injuries to his head/face/upper body from getting run over

Boston manhunt: The day after – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

–During a shootout with police on Thursday night, the older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, exited the vehicle he was in and started walking down the street, shooting at officers. He ran out of ammunition when he was only five or ten feet away from police. One officer then tackles him, and he and two or three others try to handcuff him.

–As they try to handcuff the older brother, the younger brother comes barreling at them in the vehicle. The officers dive out of the way, and Dzhokar runs over his brother, dragging him for a short distance. Police think this is what killed him.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:31 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
The small minority you're talking about could probably replace every citizen in the United States.
I doubt it - there aren't that many - that we know of - and to speculate that there are is just that - speculation.

Every Muslim I have known has been entirely normal.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:32 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why are you still a liberal, then?
yes. Cough medicine is used to produce meth. I dont mind. I dont have anything to hide.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Interesting update. Looks like he may have killed his own brother by running him over.

–During a shootout with police on Thursday night, the older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, exited the vehicle he was in and started walking down the street, shooting at officers. He ran out of ammunition when he was only five or ten feet away from police. One officer then tackles him, and he and two or three others try to handcuff him.

–As they try to handcuff the older brother, the younger brother comes barreling at them in the vehicle. The officers dive out of the way, and Dzhokar runs over his brother, dragging him for a short distance. Police think this is what killed him.
That has been known for some time.

I think that he was trying to hit the cops - but they got out of the way - but Tamerlan didn't or couldn't.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
yes. Cough medicine is used to produce meth. I dont mind. I dont have anything to hide.
You seemed to find it inconvenient based on what you reported above.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Yep - unless you think that Senator Feinstein is not a liberal.

Senate Approves Feinstein Legislation to Ensure Retailers Comply with Combat Meth Act Requirements - Press Releases - News Room - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

Old 04-20-2013, 02:39 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
My point being that both sides pushed for it.

Conservative and Liberal.

I think it's ridiculous but don't really give a crap, because I'm not making meth.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:41 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Interesting update. Looks like he may have killed his own brother by running him over. I unfortunately saw the morgue photo, and there were severe injuries to his head/face/upper body from getting run over

I saw that photo also, but in the photo I saw none of it was blurred out and the most likely injury that caused death was a gaping hole in his side. I'm no expert on explosives, but if I had to guess I'd think out of the three - explosives, gunfire, and run over - that that wound would have been caused by an explosive.

Also, the "injuries" on his face and shoulder I don't think are injuries at all, but are consistent with lividity. He was lying face down for quite some time after he died, and that is where blood pooled after his death.

Also, medical personnel who treated him reported that his death was consistent with injuries from explosive devices and gunshots.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:43 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
The government got my name on a list because I bought cough medicine for my babies at CVS. I am not kidding. I have 2 kids, they got sick, and I can only buy 1 bottle of cough medicine per day here.

If you have 4 kids sick I guess you are screwed.

(Or maybe you can try send someone else to buy it)
OT, but did you know that cough medicines have never been tested on children? I would never give children cough medicine - never.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
My point being that both sides pushed for it.

Conservative and Liberal.

I think it's ridiculous but don't really give a crap, because I'm not making meth.
It was placed inside the Patriot Act which no one on either side of the aisle was going to oppose.

Get the president a line item veto and we will see more transparency and less unrelated junk being stuffed into unrelated bills just to ensure passage.

You don't have to be making meth to be concerned.

The law is an invasion of privacy and the people who are affected are mothers buying cold medicine for their children.

The criminals find ways around the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies