Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
What kind of guns did they possess? Without having to read everything. Thanks
That is a great question! All I see are articles that tell us that they had an arsenal and over 200 (250?) rounds of ammunition. An arsenal could be anything and a brick of .22's has 500 rounds. Yes; I would also like to hear the specifics to know what kind of danger they presented to the community.

As far as the articles – most of them stated that the suspects had no licenses or permits for their weapons. MA does have very restrictive gun laws on their books. They also do not honor many carry permits from other states.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,802,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Maybe his brother told him to do it if they caught him. The older one is the one that got radicalized.
Appears he then radicalized his brother. He was an active and willing participant in the bombings. He didn't wake up on Monday and decide to just go along with his older brother because he was bored that day.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:14 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,654 times
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Monday that the FBI did not know that Tamerlan Tsarnaev — the deceased Boston Marathon bombing suspect — went on a six-month overseas trip in 2011 because his name was misspelled.
“He went over to Russia, but apparently when he got on the airplane, they misspelled his name, so it never went into the system that he actually went to Russia,” Graham said on Fox News, saying he spoke to an assistant director of the FBI.

Read more: Lindsey Graham: Wrong name hid Russia trip - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com

You would think they have software to anticipate misspellings of names. Sometimes I feel I am so naive, I give too much credit to the government. Well. I guess we all make mistakes. Sigh.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
When people get married and have that piece of paper to prove it, why do some still act like they are single? Having a piece of paper does not make you a decent human being. You need humanity, compassion, love, empathy, etc.

I think he and his brother were going to do more damage and take off to where ever and crawl back under the rock they came from. He backed up and ran over his own brother. What a beauty.
Plenty of American born citizens lack humanity compassion love and empathy.

Otherwise, say Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh would be my first candidates to be stripped of their citizenship. But it does not work that way.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Monday that the FBI did not know that Tamerlan Tsarnaev — the deceased Boston Marathon bombing suspect — went on a six-month overseas trip in 2011 because his name was misspelled.
“He went over to Russia, but apparently when he got on the airplane, they misspelled his name, so it never went into the system that he actually went to Russia,” Graham said on Fox News, saying he spoke to an assistant director of the FBI.

Read more: Lindsey Graham: Wrong name hid Russia trip - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com

You would think they have software to anticipate misspellings of names. Sometimes I feel I am so naive, I give too much credit to the government. Well. I guess we all make mistakes. Sigh.
Do they not put passport information into some system when you travel ?
I thought they scanned passports now so he would have been in some system.

We're not living in the 50's anymore where they eyeball and hand write information on a piece of paper.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:

We're not living in the 50's anymore where they eyeball and hand write information on a piece of paper.
I have traveled extensively internationally (some of my relatives live overseas) and they only check your ID to get to the secure part of the airport, I guess you have to show ID but if the ticket name was misspelled (I guess that is what is transmitted to the FBI) then yes I guess it just fell trough the cracks.

the other thing is that when you come back, there has to be a registry when you go thru Immigration and Customs. This is completely unbelievable.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Then you need to talk to your nutty tea party leaders, because the only people I've heard pushing the line of cameras everywhere is Lindsay Grahm and Peter King.
Nice try. But neither of them are associated with the Yea Party

Old 04-22-2013, 09:33 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,187,400 times
"they" misspelled his name.
Another elusive "they" with a totally implausable reason.
Who was "they"?
FBI...F'n Bumbling Idiots?

Old 04-22-2013, 09:34 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,931 times
Quote:

He wouldn't have been traveling on a US passport--he wasn't a US citizen. Lots of countries, especially third world countries, still don't have chips in them. I'm not exactly sure what country he was a citizen of--I could be wrong on some of these, but it sounds like the family had lived in Russia, Dagastan, Kzakhstan, and Chechnya?

Biometric passport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-22-2013, 09:38 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Nice try. But neither of them are associated with the Yea Party
You know--you're right. My mistake. It's the R establishment calling for cameras on every street corner vs. the tea party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies