Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 07:37 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
If I were the hijack victim, I would not want my name released. The media has been freakin relentless
Exactly! I wouldn't want my name released.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Sorry, I think you are acting cold here...
That guy who called the cops after seeing the blood trail to his boat;
he deserves a community thank you.
Remember, we do have a Volunteer Military force today..
Why? Now if he'd jumped in the boat and taken him into custody or had he shot the little $&&% then yeah but to see something and then dial 3 numbers? Is that really all it takes to be a hero now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
a couple of thoughts:

where was the million dollar reward when a bunch of citizens got killed and maimed?

why are we allowing the media to lie, without holding them accountable-how do you ever fix anything if you don't have the complete truth?

maybe some of the police need to get more firearms training when that many rounds are fired off and neither suspect gets killed until one of them is run over by a vehicle by someone.

maybe in the future they won't release information to the public when they have "their suspects", especially if they know the suspects are partying locally? (as was reported) why wouldn't they be monitoring suspects anyhow? reminds me of not keeping track of bin laden's wives (especially when he was evidently living with a couple of them when killed).

maybe get an elite team to go in and round up the suspects (since they were clueless that they had been filmed and there were that many cameras there) without endangering and locking down the entire city-terrifying many people and sending bullets into houses.

how much did all this cost the city, and how much was the fear factor amplified?

there is a lot to be learned from this tragedy.
There's more questions than that I think. Think about all the terror attacks you've ever heard about. In any of them did the perps do the deed and stick around afterwards? No, they were either killed in the attack or killed trying to flee the scene. Even McVey didn't stick around after the bombing and we had no idea who he was right away. Does that make sense to anyone? Even taking into account that they could be nuts still, the instincts would be to flee as far and as fast as possible especially if you've got another target in mind as was reported.
As for how many bullets were shot off, think about this, there were only two of them right? Well could you imagine if those LEO's were limited to 7 shots per clip like is being suggested for "the rest of us"?
Oh yeah, the LEO's are highly trained and the only ones who should have weapons and be the only thing protecting us. Well it seems that that crowd of officers including special tactics cops had the two of 'em right in front of them, shot a butt load of rounds and DIDN'T kill them? That alone should scare the snot out of people.
The idea is being pushed that we should be putting our lives in the hands of people who couldn't nail two basically "kids" with several hundred rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Im not crying conspiracy here, but it bugs the heck out of me on how they let the guy get away. So the police all got out of their vehicles while the younger one was still driving around? None got back in and followed? It makes no sense
Not only that but now we're supposed to believe that all of a sudden these two just came up with this on their own, never got help from anywhere, never got money from any group and learned all this on the 'net? Ok, explain how they got all the weapons including the reported hand grenade? Wal Mart or 7-11?

Then you've got the wife. Anyone who believes that she's innocent and had no idea about any of this please say hi to the tooth fairy,the sand man and santa for me.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:22 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
That piece of paper does afford him his rights as a citizen.

Just like when you're married, that piece of paper gives you the rights you receive for being legally married
Legal yes; but what about morals? Glad he was read his rights. Blaming his brother, guess he does not have a mind of his own.

His brother did not understand Americans? He had no trouble having an American woman working 80 hours a week to support him.

Hope someday people will quit killing and hurting people. When I was a kid, we did not have all of these horrific concerns. Back in the day, media was not so quick....I was blind to what was going on in the South. Getting older, but wiser?

We need to be aware of what is going on around us. (Da ya think?)

Old 04-23-2013, 08:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Legal yes; but what about morals? Glad he was read his rights. Blaming his brother, guess he does not have a mind of his own.

His brother did not understand Americans? He had no trouble having an American woman working 80 hours a week to support him.

Hope someday people will quit killing and hurting people. When I was a kid, we did not have all of these horrific concerns. Back in the day, media was not so quick....I was blind to what was going on in the South. Getting older, but wiser?

We need to be aware of what is going on around us. (Da ya think?)
Assuming that you were a kid sometime between the late 40's to 70's I'd think the duck and cover drills to prepare for Nuclear attack from Russia and the Cuban missile crisis qualifies don't you?

Old 04-23-2013, 08:53 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Yeh, you guys would break your necks claiming it was "punshment". Truth is, your heart bleeds for a murderer and displays little or no feeling for all the people who are teetering on the edge of death for NO fault of their own or trying to face the reality of a friend or loved one killed by these Chechens. Won't America be SO PROUD of you!

Amazes me that Russia doesn't take a census of the federation and expel all Republics with 5 percent or more Muslims. Or maybe just expel the Muslims. No sense in ever expecting them to rat out their coreligionists. Not in order to save innocent lives. We try to look at them as individuals, but they themselves produce the solidarity that invites bigotry. Anyone got a list of murderes or conspirators outed by fellow Muslims? Their clerics should step up to a microphone and explain why the lives of other Muslims outweigh the lives of people of other religions. I guarantee that if I knew of a self-styled Christian planning to commit mass murders, the name would go straight to every agency of law enforcement I knew. No one planning such an atrocity IS a Christian. Why should I ever consider protecting them? Again, I want the "peaceful Muslim community" to vow to turn in anyone they suspect. That way,we can count them on the side of civilized society.
Didn't you say you're "far left"........

If you can extricate yourself from the emotional argument for a moment, maybe you can see that the laws apply to all of us; making "exceptions" is a very bad idea. Once you take this person to jail with gunshot wounds and do not treat him, who will be the next person to go to jail with wounds not medically treated? Who decides which suspects get medical treatment and which don't?

Old 04-23-2013, 09:06 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,876,777 times
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev says that his brother was the mastermind in the attack

Boston bomb suspect: My brother was the mastermind - CNN.com

Old 04-23-2013, 09:06 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Why? Now if he'd jumped in the boat and taken him into custody or had he shot the little $&&% then yeah but to see something and then dial 3 numbers? Is that really all it takes to be a hero now?

There's more questions than that I think. Think about all the terror attacks you've ever heard about. In any of them did the perps do the deed and stick around afterwards? No, they were either killed in the attack or killed trying to flee the scene. Even McVey didn't stick around after the bombing and we had no idea who he was right away. Does that make sense to anyone? Even taking into account that they could be nuts still, the instincts would be to flee as far and as fast as possible especially if you've got another target in mind as was reported.
As for how many bullets were shot off, think about this, there were only two of them right? Well could you imagine if those LEO's were limited to 7 shots per clip like is being suggested for "the rest of us"?
Oh yeah, the LEO's are highly trained and the only ones who should have weapons and be the only thing protecting us. Well it seems that that crowd of officers including special tactics cops had the two of 'em right in front of them, shot a butt load of rounds and DIDN'T kill them? That alone should scare the snot out of people.
The idea is being pushed that we should be putting our lives in the hands of people who couldn't nail two basically "kids" with several hundred rounds.

Not only that but now we're supposed to believe that all of a sudden these two just came up with this on their own, never got help from anywhere, never got money from any group and learned all this on the 'net? Ok, explain how they got all the weapons including the reported hand grenade? Wal Mart or 7-11?

Then you've got the wife. Anyone who believes that she's innocent and had no idea about any of this please say hi to the tooth fairy,the sand man and santa for me.
There is speculation that they were hanging around to do more harm in the area. The older brother was a stay at home dad and due to his being cocky, maybe he saw no reason to leave his wife and daughter at the moment. He did show that he was too stupid to know about possible surveillance cameras in a busy commercial district, so why doubt that he was stupid and ignorant to other aspects of his crime.

As for as money, if they were funded by an organization, why did the have to hijack a guy for a vehicle and his debit card? Doesn't sound very sophisticated.

As for his wife, I can believe that she was pretty stupid in the common sense department after hearing that she was an athiest and a student with plans for her future, who was warned by her friends not to go back to the bomber after a break up they had. She left school, became a devout Muslim for him, cut off contact with her friends and worked 80 hours a week to support him and their child...Does that sound like an astute person to you? She has lawyered up to be prepared for a law enforcement interview, so she is not being ignored as a possible witness to something.

As for the weapons, I think mst people will wait until the analysis of exactly what was used and how they were made becomes public to draw conclusions. You were not there, you are jumping the gun...pun intended.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 04-23-2013 at 09:20 AM..

Old 04-23-2013, 09:16 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Exactly! I wouldn't want my name released.
Actually, his name is apparently known to some.

On Friday, a reporter from ABC (the livestream I watched) said they had talked to him and they "could hear the tears in his voice."

And last night on his show, Lawrence O'Donnell relates a conversation by telephone he had with the guy.

Both times it was noted that the guy does not want to appear on camera, and so far, it seems that they're trying to respect his privacy by not releasing his name to the general public.

Also, Lawrence O'Donnell had a very good in-studio interview with the Watertown police chief. Very informative and he gives a very good time line.

One thing that was noted was that there were many out of the area law enforcement officers converging onto Watertown that were unfamiliar with the streets of that town and that caused a lot of confusion - something I don't think I've seen mentioned here yet when some have been critical of how law enforcement responded.

It should also be noted that Watertown itself has a relatively small police force - just sixty-five officers - who I doubt had much experience with a manhunt of this magnitude.

Last edited by Cinebar; 04-23-2013 at 09:31 AM..

Old 04-23-2013, 09:26 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
the bigger picture

Quote:
While the Tsarnaev brothers are casually accused without evidence of having links to Chechen terrorists, the important question is who is behind the Chechen terrorists?
In an utterly twisted logic, the protagonists of the ‘Global War on Terrorism” directed against Muslims are the de facto architects of “Islamic terrorism.”
The “Global War on Terrorism” Mindset
The “war on terrorism” mindset builds a consensus: millions of Americans are led to believe that a militarized police apparatus is required to protect democracy. Little do they realize that the US government is the main source of terrorism both nationally and internationally.
The corporate media is Washington’s propaganda arm, which consists in portraying Muslims as a threat to national security.
At this juncture in our history, at the crossroads of global economic and social crisis, the Boston bombings play a central role. They justify the Homeland Security State.
The evolving US Police State is thereby upheld as a means to protecting civil liberties. Under the guise of counter-terrorism, extrajudicial killings, the suspension of habeas corpus and torture are rightfully considered as a means to upholding the US Constitution.
At the same time, the terrorists –created and supported by the CIA– are used to participate in “False Flag” terrorist acts with a view to justifying the conduct of a global military crusade against Muslim countries, which so happen to be major oil producing economies.
BOSTON TRUTH: The “Chechen Connection”, Al Qaeda and the Boston Marathon Bombings | Global Research

Old 04-23-2013, 09:43 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Thanks for providing yet another asinine article written by a nutjob leftie sympathizing with the bombers.

Ya just can't make up the stuff the left does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies