Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:37 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,465,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
What kind of people, in a time of pain and crisis for others, thinks "What's in it for ME"?
Alex Jones. And the Westboro Baptist Church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 10:38 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The truth hurts but it must be told. Don't bury your head because this happens every single time.
And it's disgusting isn't it ?
Yes disgusting, they are low lives.

but I'd rather give my attention to the heroes.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:41 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Alex Jones. And the Westboro Baptist Church.
And Democratic Underground, and Fox News, and the Huffington Post, and Maddow and a whole ton of other people on all sides of the political spectrum.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:43 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post

Me too, rather concentrate attention to the many heroes, and there i understand were many.

I would like to think at a time like this, everyone is on the same page, guess not! It does make me sad, that during a terrible time of criris, lowlife scumbags come out of the woodwork.

I rather think of the heroes, as you say.

This is beyond disgusting, with what took place and the innocent who have died, and the many who lost limbs, disgusting.

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:

If one ignores the bad and let them get away with it then it will only increase and get worse over time.

I do hope the local LE does something about it and publicizes it as well.
The more people see this happening with no consequences the more it will happen.

There were so many people in NYC that refused to leave their homes for fear of looting.
How many died because of that ?

That is the fear people now have with evacuations. You ignore the bad and it will only get worse.

3,846 posts, read 2,385,849 times
Quote:
The truth hurts but it must be told. Don't bury your head because this happens every single time.
And it's disgusting isn't it ?
Scavengers or salvagers?

I saw a lot of salvagers at the Katrina catastrophe.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times
I watched that video and it does look disgusting. But what if they were told to grab the marathon stuff? I actually thought they were looting stuff from people that ran from the bombing areas. i've been to events where they give out merchandise of said event afterwards if there's plenty left over. Could this be the case?

Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Quote:
If one ignores the bad and let them get away with it then it will only increase and get worse over time.

The more people see this happening with no consequences the more it will happen.
They don't have to really be ignored, they just shouldnt be a representation of "Americans" like in the original post.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:46 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:

Absolutely, to ingore this negative situation, only makes these situations worse. I hope this will be publicized as well, but it may not.

In the wake of this utter tragedy, those people who are taking advantage of this horrible tragedy, need to be made accountable for their very bad actions.

Shame on those people taking advantage of a terrible situation as this one.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
They don't have to really be ignored, they just shouldnt be a representation of "Americans" like in the original post.
"looters" seem to be representative of all our crises.

I guess I look at Japan and the little amount of looting they had and wish we were more like that in our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies