Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 12:36 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times

Advertisements

This is quite entertaining but it just shows how many people want to tell others how to live or run their business. Big Government is alive and well in Shelton, WA.

I would suggest that if bikini baristas don't reflect the values of this town, then their people would not go there and the business would go away. But that's not good enough for these Big Government idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=wKg7jfuxnqo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,466,947 times
Heh. I rode through Mason County (where Shelton is) on a motorcycle trip a couple of years ago, and I've never seen so many LEOs in my life. Apparently the entire county is a speed trap.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:54 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,263 times
I used to live in Shelton...lol...surprised to see it come up like this.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:15 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
It is not unique to Shelton. Many municipalities in W. WA have gone after the 'bikini barista' places. It's apparently considered a grave threat here in the great blue (nose) state of WA.

Everett, WA ran an undercover sting against one that extended over several months (IIRC). Cops gotta make sure they get lots of evidence in a case like this, ya know. Meanwhile my buddy who lives in Everett couldn't get the cops to show up to investigate when someone broke into his car that was parked in his driveway.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:23 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
It is not unique to Shelton. Many municipalities in W. WA have gone after the 'bikini barista' places. It's apparently considered a grave threat here in the great blue (nose) state of WA.

Everett, WA ran an undercover sting against one that extended over several months (IIRC). Cops gotta make sure they get lots of evidence in a case like this, ya know. Meanwhile my buddy who lives in Everett couldn't get the cops to show up to investigate when someone broke into his car that was parked in his driveway.

It's all about power. LE and Big Government likes the power to control people. That's much more fun than helping people.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:04 AM

287 posts, read 185,273 times
Nanny of the Century - Washingstan, District of Criminals

Old 04-24-2013, 11:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Those that have cash will be silenced

Old 04-24-2013, 11:22 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

You do realize that Washington isn't 100% blue right?

Also, cops almost never show up to see your broken window on your car, they simply add your report to a map and when an area becomes a Target problem they begin to patrol that area more. It would be a waste of money to send a cop out to every car break-in in this country.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:23 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianPetersonRules View Post
Nanny of the Century - Washingstan, District of Criminals
You do know the State and DC aren't the same thing, right?

Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
I wonder how many of our tolerant posters would be ok with a gay male version. Would it be ok for the gay male version to be in your neighborhood with thong wearing hunks handing out coffee and cream to your teenaged sons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies