Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 02:09 AM

437 posts, read 547,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
I'm noticing that most of these Twitter posts are by people that are late teens or early twenties. Kids that age are usually anti-authority and rebellious, so it's natural that conspiracy theories would appeal to them. I was in my late teens shortly after 9/11 and I remember a period of about two years where I was into all the conspiracy theories about the World Trade Center. This was before social media was common so my thoughts were not on public display like many do now (and I'm glad, because I would probably be embarrassed to read them today).

Eventually, most will grow out of this phase as they enter higher education, start careers, and begin having kids. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Usually it seems like it's not teens tho. Can't recall any teens going nuts about the batman or sandy hook killers, just this one. But that might be because the media made this guy a celebrity while not doing that to the other 2, or because as some of the teen girls i see shouting "free jahar", he's "fine".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 02:20 AM

I never see any of these people really showin support for the older brother, Tarmelan tho. I've even seen some dumb girls say that "tarmelon is probably guilty but jahar is not". It's either both did it or none did but they don't get that.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:35 AM

interesting link here. some india link shows a bunch of twitter posts that support jahar all in 1

Boston bombing suspect not guilty? Best friend starts #TroyCrossleyTruth campaign - World - DNA

Old 04-21-2013, 03:39 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Because the truth is boring? LOL
This. Boring and complex.

Conspiracy theories are the fast-food substitute of knowledge. Real knowledge is time-consuming and the intricate complexity of reality can be exhausting. Conspiracy theories give you the effortless illusion having exclusive knowledge, and the best part is you don't even need study or analysis; there is always a home-made video on YouTube telling you "all you need to know".

They also provide a ready-made manicheist worldview with easily identifably scapegoats.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:44 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,598,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Because we are an open society where people are allowed to express opinions, even about their increasing distrust of this gov't, the forces entrusted with keeping the peace, and the media, who don't investigate anymore, they just make government approved reports, which basically all say the same thing. We ask the questions that need answering and we speculate.
Why would you trust that which has proven over and over again to lie and deceive the public?
We never got answers on Bin Ghazi, the 33 survivors, or on Fast n Furious just for starters.
Take the Saudi that was a suspect until he wasn't, and sent out of the country. Who was he and and what was his involvement, if any? Glenn Beck claims to know. I will be waiting to hear what he has to say.
'I Don't Bluff, I Make Promises': Beck Gives Gov't Until Monday to Come Clean About Boston Bombing Cover-Up | Right Wing Watch
Don't you question what you are told? If not, you should. It's called critical analysis. It's also wanting to know the truth, as opposed to propoganda. We don't conspire against them, but we know they conspire against us and try to conceal the truth.
Does that answer your question?
We're free to make money (off of theories that grab attention). Like Glen Beck is.

Most so called government cover ups involve one person lying to cover a sex incident or mis management. Not the same as a government conspiracy, those people eventually get busted and we hear about it for weeks.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:47 AM

45,337 posts, read 60,512,994 times
Default Why?

Because some people are idiots. I shouldn't say that because I'm insulting idiots. I don't want to insult morons or cretins either.

I just don't have a non-insulting answer, I guess.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:32 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,720,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Because we are an open society where people are allowed to express opinions, even about their increasing distrust of this gov't, the forces entrusted with keeping the peace, and the media, who don't investigate anymore, they just make government approved reports, which basically all say the same thing. We ask the questions that need answering and we speculate.
Why would you trust that which has proven over and over again to lie and deceive the public?
We never got answers on Bin Ghazi, the 33 survivors, or on Fast n Furious just for starters.
Take the Saudi that was a suspect until he wasn't, and sent out of the country. Who was he and and what was his involvement, if any? Glenn Beck claims to know. I will be waiting to hear what he has to say.
'I Don't Bluff, I Make Promises': Beck Gives Gov't Until Monday to Come Clean About Boston Bombing Cover-Up | Right Wing Watch
Don't you question what you are told? If not, you should. It's called critical analysis. It's also wanting to know the truth, as opposed to propoganda. We don't conspire against them, but we know they conspire against us and try to conceal the truth.
Does that answer your question?
Yep. You can only cry wolf, just so many times, before you're considered a compulsive or pathological liar. There are and have always been, people who are desperate for attention and are natural born drama kings/queens. Let the government withold information or outright lie to the public, a whole lot of people are going to immediately disbelieve anything they say and look for the truth somewhere else.

Unfortunately, there are a whole lot of nutbags out there who are lying in wait for those searching for answers.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:12 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times
I find it interesting that at the same time that the conspiracy nuts lament how inept and stupid our government is and how our agencies can't do anything right, they find it impossible to believe that a couple nutty brothers could go totally under the radar and develop their plan and weapons in a total vacuum.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:32 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,560,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I find it interesting that at the same time that the conspiracy nuts lament how inept and stupid our government is and how our agencies can't do anything right, they find it impossible to believe that a couple nutty brothers could go totally under the radar and develop their plan and weapons in a total vacuum.
That is the narrative, but is it the truth? Not from what I have gathered. Look at the following false flags and useful idiots that were set up by none other than the FBI undercovers.
FBI Casting Set Stage for Boston Marathon Bombing, Shootout, Charade | Pakalert Press
Listen to the parents of these boys, that say the FBI has visited their home and were watching this family since 2011. You should be willing to consider that the FBI set this up, they've done it numerous times before.

Quote:
The frightening trend of the FBI cultivating otherwise incapable “terror” suspects, providing them with and detonating real explosives, small arms and grenades before giving them inert or controlled devices to carry out attacks on public targets where mass casualties are averted only at the last possible moment, sets the stage for at the very least, incredible potential for catastrophic blunders, and at worst, false flag attacks.

But does this mean the FBI is capable of turning such operations “live,” resulting in real terror attacks and loss of life? Has the FBI ever presided over “sting operations” that were actually carried out? The answer is yes.

The FBI in fact was presiding over the terrorists who carried out the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. The role of the FBI leading up to the deadly attack would most likely have gone unreported had an FBI informant not taped his conversations with FBI agents after growing suspicious during the uncover operation.

They were controlling him, they were controlling his every step,” indeed. Posing as “extremist leaders” and leading witless patsies along, just as the FBI has done in every case regarding its previous “foiled plots,” and even successful plots, like the 1993 WTC attack, should shift America’s attention not to Chechnya or the “threat” of domestic terrorism, but the immense incompetence and/or criminality of the FBI.

As even mainstream sources concede the FBI had some sort of relationship with the Boston bombing suspects before the attack, there will be two arguments made. One, that the FBI simply doesn’t have enough authority or resources to prevent “domestic terror” attacks, and needs more still.

The other argument is that the FBI and other federal agencies have been behind every domestic terror attack or “foiled plot” for years, and constitutes the single greatest danger to the American people, both literally in terms of life and limb, and in terms of subverting and stripping away their liberty and dignity amidst a growing police state.

In turn, this would require local law enforcement to cease all cooperation with the FBI, particularly with its Joint Terror Task Force (JTTF), raid local offices and make arrests where appropriate, and fold any agents who are willing and capable, into local and state agencies. In essence, the FBI should be dismantled from top to bottom, and an alternative put in its place.
FBI Casting Set Stage for Boston Marathon Bombing, Shootout, Charade | Pakalert Press

Now we are hearing from CNN that his throat is damaged and he may not be able to talk. How did that happen? I find this all very suspicious. How do you defend yourself and consult with an attorney if you can't talk? Can you trust an attorney provided by the very gov't that hunted you down?

Old 04-21-2013, 10:49 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,560,769 times
The Constitution is our last vestige of protection against this police state. Do not let them put a match to it, or we are done.

Are u a Terrorist ? - YouTube#!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies