Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Silly thread alert.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,152 times
Tim McVeigh was Muslim?

Old 04-22-2013, 08:04 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Tim McVeigh was Muslim?

Who knew?

Old 04-22-2013, 08:07 AM

1,127 posts, read 903,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
Tim was not a terrorist. He was a criminal. The IRA were fighting in thier own land for freedom and independence. Muslims come here and attack us on our soil for political reasons.
One mans terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. McVeigh and the IRA were terrorists.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:08 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Why is it you can't tell the difference between RADICAL Islam and Muslims?

Hatred has no logic.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...pathology-hate

[quote] Haters rarely hate alone. They feel compelled, almost driven, to entreat others to hate as they do. Peer validation bolsters a sense of self-worth and, at the same time, prevents introspection, which reveals personal insecurities. Individuals who are otherwise ineffective become empowered when they join groups, which also provide anonymity and diminished accountability.[end quote]

Old 04-22-2013, 08:09 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Why is it you can't tell the difference between RADICAL Islam and Muslims?
There is only one difference that should be given thought that there are radical people and more common sense people. As for radical Islam....You would have to re-edit the Koran in order to ensure that radical people don't latch on to radical ways of thinking through a book that suggests killing those who do not submit to the book in every literal way. An intelligent Muslim like an intelligent Christian is going to question what is written...The huge problem here is that radicals or fundamentalists have this notion that the Bible and the Koran is the direct untainted message from God himself. Human hand no matter how inspired created these ancient manuscripts...and no Human in history, truly and fully understood the unimaginable will of GOD...

I came to the conclusion after some study and in a sense a revelation came upon me..."The truth has always been within you - search no more in this book" All human beings are granted the mind of God to a degree...and all know what is right and what is wrong. That is GOD's true gift...not a book.

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Tim was not a terrorist. He was a criminal. The IRA were fighting in thier own land for freedom and independence. Muslims come here and attack us on our soil for political reasons.
Excuse me? I lived in London while the violent arm of the IRA were active and I can assure you, they were very much terrorists.

Regardless of your views on their political aims, they blew up innocent people just the same. And many Americans supported it. Not so cool when it comes to you, is it?

What a friggin hypocritical LOAD.

315 posts, read 256,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
One mans terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. McVeigh and the IRA were terrorists.
So your definition is the correct one? I think not. Your definition will get more Americans killed.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:11 AM

315 posts, read 256,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Excuse me? I lived in London while the IRA were active and I can assure you, they were very much terrorists.
Regardless of your views on their political aims, they blew up innocent people just the same. And many Americans supported it. Not so cool when it comes to you, is it?

What a friggin hypocritical LOAD.
there is an argument that the USA should get out of other countries Afghanistan and SA to name a few, but so should the English get out of Ireland and there would not be any problems would there.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:11 AM

1,127 posts, read 903,877 times
Quote:
So your definition is the correct one? I think not. Your definition will get more Americans killed.
You defend McVeigh and you say my defintion will get people killed???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies