Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 06:55 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Did R. Maddow make those accusations? Why not stick to her comments and not conflate Maddow's comments with any other.
Nope, she did not...but I ask this because I know the left won't be able to answer it! Just as you cannot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 06:56 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by putlocker View Post
So the left wants to minimize the Muslim connection. The younger bomber brother has already admitted it was a religious reason for the attack. But is it meaningless as the left is trying to spin?

If it was a white supremacist that had blown up a black church would it be meaningless? If a Nazi group had blown up a synagogue would it have been a meaningless motive?

I think in these two cases the left would have been yelling until their vocal cords were broken about how the motive did mean something. But when its Muslim it suddenly is not meaningful.

What is it about the left that they so desperately try to protect the Radial Muslims?
Even if she said that, I'd give her pass. Why? B/c when the Newton shooting was going down, she didn't care about his motives either. She focused on what happened, how he got his guns, and what gov't could do to stop that from happening to another school.

That said, I'm also 95% sure that you're distorting or misrepresenting her point. So... links or it didn't happen.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:04 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You mean like linking the bombings to the right wing....and wishing it was a white person? Things like that, then I'll agree with you. Were you in any of the threads denouncing any of those?
Wishing it was something and taking it for what it actually is are two separate things.

And nobody knows for sure yet, on either side.

I can see why people would rather it wasn't a foreign Muslim organized plot. Nobody wants to get into another useless, unwinnable war.

However, it doesn't look to me like it's some kind of organized act of aggression. Your opinion may differ and that's fine, hopefully we'll know more as it unfolds.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It would be really, really nice if you linked to what Ms. Maddow actually said or wrote instead of putting your words in her mouth and then attacking those words. Does strawman come to mind?
You are right, it would be better if we knew where people get their information, but I would not be, at all, surprised if she did say it, She is about as left as they get, even left of Matthews. This is why I can not watch MSNBC. It is about the only network I can't stand. We used to watch Matthews a lot, back in the 90s. He has drifted further and further left as the years have gone by and MSNBC doesn't have and contributor to balance out he overly left view.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:26 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You are right, it would be better if we knew where people get their information, but I would not be, at all, surprised if she did say it, She is about as left as they get, even left of Matthews. This is why I can not watch MSNBC. It is about the only network I can't stand. We used to watch Matthews a lot, back in the 90s. He has drifted further and further left as the years have gone by and MSNBC doesn't have and contributor to balance out he overly left view.
Al Sharpton. Nuff said. MSNBC is a clown outfit.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:27 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Coming from Rachael Maddow her comments are meaningless.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Rachel Maddow is the liberal version of Rush Limbaugh.
Rachel Maddow has an audience of 20,000,000?

Old 04-23-2013, 09:32 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
Rachel Maddow has OPED that killers motive is meaningless.

But, let me guess: She still asks "Why do you NEED a magazine that hold 20 rounds???"

Right?

Old 04-23-2013, 09:32 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Rachel Maddow is the liberal version of Rush Limbaugh. Her opinion is her own, not a proxy for the entire left.

No that would be Bill Maher. Rachel Maddow isnt even close.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:33 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by putlocker View Post
So the left wants to minimize the Muslim connection. The younger bomber brother has already admitted it was a religious reason for the attack. But is it meaningless as the left is trying to spin?

If it was a white supremacist that had blown up a black church would it be meaningless? If a Nazi group had blown up a synagogue would it have been a meaningless motive?

I think in these two cases the left would have been yelling until their vocal cords were broken about how the motive did mean something. But when its Muslim it suddenly is not meaningful.

What is it about the left that they so desperately try to protect the Radial Muslims?

What about the word "link" do you not understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies