Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 07:01 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,135,480 times

Advertisements

According to the news, our city and state police are getting prepared for violence. So there is riots in Spain, and Greece, and I hear Argentina is now facing bankruptcy with over 25% inflation. Their dollar has no value and farmers are hoarding their food. Seems there is more violence in the world. What will we wake up to tomarrow here in the US? We shall see. I thought O'bama promised 'hope'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 07:04 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,464,216 times
Tomorrow is April 30th, Mayday is May 1st. We should expect mayhem tomorrow why?

Old 04-29-2013, 07:06 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Tomorrow is not actually May Day, and tomorrow is not actually spelled with an "a", so you are a dunce.
Lousy at math and illiterate = typical right wing nut

Old 04-29-2013, 07:40 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,170,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
According to the news, our city and state police are getting prepared for violence. So there is riots in Spain, and Greece, and I hear Argentina is now facing bankruptcy with over 25% inflation. Their dollar has no value and farmers are hoarding their food. Seems there is more violence in the world. What will we wake up to tomarrow here in the US? We shall see. I thought O'bama promised 'hope'?
Too bad May Day is actually not tomorrow but on Wednesday....May 1st....May Day

Old 04-29-2013, 08:02 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,905,578 times
Them damn commies fixin' to get rowdy.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:17 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,135,480 times
Quote:
As I said, go have your fun, I errored. It was all over the evening news that our police are expecting more then usual violence on May Day. Not looking at the calender, I got excited and assumed they were talking about tomarrow.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,238,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Tomorrow is April 30th, Mayday is May 1st. We should expect mayhem tomorrow why?
Panic early. Beat the rush.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,668 times
Quote:

Tomorrow the sun will rise, and there will be protests across the world. It isn't that there's more violence in the world, it's that for the first time in history we are informed of things with amazing rapidity, instead of having to wait weeks or months for the news to reach us. This article is from last year; I seriously doubt that there will be larger and more violent protests this year. Jmho.Then again, we could see Wiccans and pagans going medieval after Beltane celebrations...dancing around a Maypole to encourage fertility is, after all, such a mayhem-inducing activity.

Protesters hit streets for May Day rallies; violence flares in Oakland, Seattle - U.S. News

Old 04-29-2013, 08:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You are worried about April 30th? What's the OP going to do if nothing happens.
In northern Europe, April 30 is the big deal! I think we should do this here!

Walpurgis Night - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-30-2013, 04:00 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,218,671 times
If you didn't see a lot of unrest and demonstrations on April 15th I don't think there is much to fear for MayDay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies