Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 04:06 AM

107 posts, read 116,742 times

Advertisements

I'm only in favor of legal immigrants who have a minimum of a bachelors degree. Anything else should not be allowed to come. No asylum seekers or guest worker programs.

Immigrants with a bachelors degree or higher and tourist only. Anything else is not needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 04:07 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Mine yes, yours no.
Lol

Old 05-02-2013, 04:37 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
following the bah'wacky obama school of "Im only doing it for the chill'uns" direction of thought, we HAVE TO cease all immigration now.

thanks barry, you're making things better, one illegal step at a time.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:44 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
following the bah'wacky obama school of "Im only doing it for the chill'uns" direction of thought, we HAVE TO cease all immigration now.

thanks barry, you're making things better, one illegal step at a time.
He's just following your great leader Ronnie Raygun's example..he was the king of illegal amnesty.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:34 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
He's just following your great leader Ronnie Raygun's example..he was the king of illegal amnesty.
His name was Ronald Reagan. King of illegal amensty? What's that supposed to mean? He thought he was only amnestying 300,000 illegals when 3 million came forward. There weren't 23 million Americans out of work like today either and it was promised that the borders were going to be secured. After leaving office they still weren't secured. He lived to regret signing that amnesty. We were also told that would be the first and last amnesty. Why isn't Obama keepiing that promise to the American people? Now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here, our economy is in the dumps and there are no jobs. How does adding 11-12 million illegals permanently to our society alleviate that? Especially since most are poor and low wage earners that will put that many more on our welfare rolls.

I am not excusing Reagan for what he did as he was wrong. But it is even more wrong today based on the above.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:47 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
His name was Ronald Reagan. King of illegal amensty? What's that supposed to mean? He thought he was only amnestying 300,000 illegals when 3 million came forward. There weren't 23 million Americans out of work like today either and it was promised that the borders were going to be secured. After leaving office they still weren't secured. He lived to regret signing that amnesty. We were also told that would be the first and last amnesty. Why isn't Obama keepiing that promise to the American people? Now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here, our economy is in the dumps and there are no jobs. How does adding 11-12 million illegals permanently to our society alleviate that? Especially since most are poor and low wage earners that will put that many more on our welfare rolls.

I am not excusing Reagan for what he did as he was wrong. But it is even more wrong today based on the above.
I'm sorry,but I had to quit reading your post after you said "he thought"..if Ronnie EVER thought,he hid it well.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:10 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
I hear all the clap trap about getting rid of guns if it saves one life, but if it would save one life would you also stop immigration?
Yep. It would have saved 2 members of my family.
Many others too I'm certain.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher11 View Post
I'm only in favor of legal immigrants who have a minimum of a bachelors degree. Anything else should not be allowed to come. No asylum seekers or guest worker programs.

Immigrants with a bachelors degree or higher and tourist only. Anything else is not needed.
Then who would do the farming work that Americans don't want to do because the pay is below minimum wage?

Old 05-02-2013, 07:31 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I'm sorry,but I had to quit reading your post after you said "he thought"..if Ronnie EVER thought,he hid it well.
I suspect it was more like you just couldn't handle the truth of the rest of my post. You didn't like Reagan and probably because he was a Republican. I get that but that is no reason to not read or dismiss the valid points I made in my post.

I suspect that Obama "thinks" he will only be amnestying 11 million illegals this time around also but I would be willing to bet that there will be a lot more than that that will come forward for this amnesty.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:48 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
It depends, are they going to bomb moonbats? I need more information to make an informed decision.
As long as you give me a warning before you b0mb them. They are everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Yep. It would have saved 2 members of my family.
Many others too I'm certain.
90,000 people die a year from mistakes made by Doctors. Shall we ban Dr.'s also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Then who would do the farming work that Americans don't want to do because the pay is below minimum wage?
PC Americans refuse to get their hands dirty. It's beneath them. I'd like to see what their 'Gated Community's' would look like without the cheap labor to maintain them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies