Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 04:05 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,007 times

Advertisements

It is kind of senseless to argue with war mongering bigots but since there are some individuals that have decided to make Code Pink an issue I can only say what I know of the group and if there are any peace loving ladies at this forum that have thought about getting involved with a group I would highly recommend Code Pink.
Code Pink is very involved with all aspects of peace from being at congressional hearings to having boots on the ground in the Middle East.
They are active throughout the United States I would invite you to visit their website find a local chapter and get involved, what greater cause can there be then to work for peace.

CODEPINK*:*Index

This young lady was very excited to meet Medea for the first time, said she was her hero and wanted her picture taken with Medea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 07:04 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
It is kind of senseless to argue with war mongering bigots but since there are some individuals that have decided to make Code Pink an issue
Code Pink, had the grand idea to dress as vaginas during their activities in Tampa.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,602 times
Quote:
From Code Pink Website...What is CODEPINK?
CODEPINK is a women-initiated grassroots peace and social justice movement working to end U.S. funded wars and occupations, to challenge militarism globally, Shine a light on Syrian women & girls!
After two years and ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND KILLED, they throw out that crumb? Of course the clueless sheep and sycophants jump on, "oh they are just so helpful and impactful, thank goodness we have them fighting for our rights..."

If you think that this one item - no doubt forced upon them after two years of doing nothing - while their site is overflowing with anti-israel, anti-US propagandist crap is going to exonerate them, you are quite mistaken. I know people who called them for years asking why they made no noise and did nothing about syria or iran - and their response was: "we only focus on US-initiated conflicts." I guess their hypocratic BS couldn't hold up forever.

One item changes nothing about them, or who and what they are - filth.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
It is kind of senseless to argue with war mongering bigots
Now everyone who disagrees with your far left garbage is a "war bigot." LOL, the left is just so funny sometimes...

Quote:
if there are any peace loving ladies at this forum that have thought about getting involved with a group I would highly recommend Code Pink.
Yes, recommended to all low IQ morons with no facts, history or understanding of anything besides obtaining more publicity for lowlifes like medea benjamin, a turd in every sense of the word.

Quote:
Code Pink is very involved with all aspects of peace from being at congressional hearings to having boots on the ground in the Middle East.
Actually, just those involving the US and Israel, all dictatorships and mass slaughterers like those in iran, syria, china, africa - they don't bother with them. Their agenda is anti-US/anti-Israel, nothing more.

Quote:
They are active throughout the United States I would invite you to visit their website find a local chapter and get involved, what greater cause can there be then to work for peace.
Yes, definitely check out their web site, and compare the volume of anti-Israel, anti-US events, actions, letters, etc, to those of the genocidal regimes like in africa, syria, iran, china, russia, etc. Look under their press release list:

http://www.codepink4peace.org/section.php?id=40

Not a single one about syria, none - but lots about israel...

Here's their issues list:

http://www.codepink4peace.org/articl...st=type&type=5

Again, lots about the US and Israel - nothing about syria....what a shock!

I'm sure those with an IQ over 11 would recognize them for what they are within 30 seconds.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:32 AM

I'll repost this quote for your benefit.

CODEPINK is a women-initiated grassroots peace and social justice movement "working to end U.S. funded wars and occupations"

Old 05-04-2013, 10:45 AM

If you would like to speak in person to the leadership of Code Pink face to face about your concerns or would like to join in with Code Pink there is ample opportunity this week at the following Code Pink sponsored events in support of the hunger strikers/closing of Guantanamo.

Sunday, May 5
12-2pm: Protest at the White House

Monday, May 6
8am: Protest outside of the State Department:
Meet at 22nd and C street, NW

12-2pm: Protest at White House

Tuesday, May 7

8am: Protest outside the State Department:
Meet at 22nd and C street, NW

10:30am: Politics and Prose, 5015 Connecticut Avenue, NW- We'll be there with a message for Michelle Obama: tell President Obama to shut down Guantanamo!

Wednesday, May 8

12-2pm Meet the atrium of the Hart Senate building to read aloud names of the prisoners who have been cleared for release. From there we will visit various Senators.

Stay up-to-date with our actions by signing up for our text mob! Text @codepinkdc to 23559 to get our text message updates about actions happening around DC!

Onward towards justice,
Alli, Dooler, Medea, Noor, Rooj, Tighe, and the DC team

Last edited by ted08721; 05-04-2013 at 10:57 AM..

Old 05-04-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Code Pink, had the grand idea to dress as vaginas during their activities in Tampa.
I believe this was at the Republican National Convention in support of women's reproduction rights that the good old boys of the Republican party want to regulate.
I fully support women's reproduction rights along with countless millions of other Americans, if you care to discuss women's reproductive rights I suggest you start a separate thread and do not derail the topic of this thread.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:02 PM

White House vigil on behalf of the Guantanamo hunger strikers: Organizations that participated in the vigil were Dorothy Day Catholic Worker, Witness Against Torture, Pax Christi Metro DC, TASSC, Maryknoll Office of Global Concerns, SOA Watch along with Medea Benjamin and members of CODEPINK who arrived with a makeshift cell and two prisoners who were chained. Speaker for the vigils included:

*Art Laffin, D.C. Catholic Workers -- Opening Reflection

*Laura Markle Downton, Director of Policy and Programs at NRCAT--Read letter by 38 religious leaders to Obama and Congress to close GITMO)

*T.C. Morrow, NRCAT, Offered a Prayer to Close Guantanamo

*Scott Wright and Mary Harding from TASSC -- read powerful letters from TASCC and AFAD to President Obama to Close GITMO

*Rooj Awazi (Yemeni American activist)--Shared stories of her recent meeting with Yemeni Families of GITMO Prisoners, CODEPINK initiating a hunger strike and week-long series of actions, and read names of Yemeni prisoners cleared for release.
*Helen Schietinger--Reflection on "Why Forced Tube Feeding of Hunger Strikers is Unethical and Illegal"

*Judy Coode, Maryknoll office of Global Concern read prayer written by Sr. Dianna Ortiz, Jesus, Our Tortured Brother

Old 05-04-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
I'll repost this quote for your benefit.

CODEPINK is a women-initiated grassroots peace and social justice movement "working to end U.S. funded wars and occupations"
Except, as you pointed out, that IS NOT what their website claims. They state "GLOBAL MILITARISM." That does not sound like it is only US/Israel focused. Further, no where in their literature does it say anything about being focused on Israel - except that that's pretty much all these lowlife frauds actually do.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
If you would like to speak in person to the leadership of Code Pink face to face about your concerns
Just make sure you agree with everything they say - otherwise they hang up on you or walk away when you point out their hypocritical stances or lies.

They are fakes, frauds masquerading as "human rights activists" when they are really anti-US/anti-Israel far left trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies