Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 09:40 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times

Advertisements

The "left" doesn't have anything to worry about with regard to Ted Cruz. Even McCain calls Cruz a, 'wacko bird'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 09:42 AM

596 posts, read 730,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
That is the most charitable thread title that I can think of.

Cher Calls Ted Cruz 'Bigot,' 'Creature from the Nether Regions'

My spell check is having a fit, but that was her tweet. It seems that the left is very afraid of Ted Cruz.
"The left" is afraid of Ted Cruz because Cher said something crazy on twitter? Give me a break! How do you extrapolate such a broad generalization about an entire group of people based on a tweet from one crazy celebrity with too much time on her hands? I didn't realize Cher had become a political spokesperson. That makes about as much sense as liberals assuming that everyone on "the right" must be bat s/h/i/t crazy based solely on the words and actions of Ted Nugent.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:45 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Why would I listen to a singer to make my political decisions? That's kinda like going to your cardiologist because your sink won't drain.
Except, you never know when your doctor decides to change fields,
e.g. a Howard Dean, Ron/Rand Paul or even an actor, e.g. Ronald Reagan...

I don't discount someone because of what they do for a living,
but I will discount them because of what they say

Old 05-04-2013, 09:48 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
That is the most charitable thread title that I can think of.

Cher Calls Ted Cruz 'Bigot,' 'Creature from the Nether Regions'

My spell check is having a fit, but that was her tweet. It seems that the left is very afraid of Ted Cruz.
Cher is quite ignorant. I doubt that she even finished high school. Her life experience consists of standing on a stage and singing and getting plastic surgery to look...well....plastic.

She stopped maturing intellectually and emotionally when she split up with Sonny Bono. Nothing she has to say is of the least importance in the grand scheme of things.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-04-2013, 09:49 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times
Who is Ted Cruz?

Old 05-04-2013, 09:50 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
I cannot understand why celebrities think their opinion is important enough to others that we should care. Any celebrity who tries to impose their political, religious or opinion on their fans, only gets the stupid ones to agree.

I always respected Oprah, until she came out supporting Obama.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Who is Ted Cruz?
A republican senator from Texas

Old 05-04-2013, 09:51 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
you seem mad about this. care to talk about it?
Mad about it? Mad about what? I am in full agreement with Cher. She, like millions of others, can spot crazy whenever it appears.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:53 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I cannot understand why celebrities think their opinion is important enough to others that we should care. Any celebrity who tries to impose their political, religious or opinion on their fans, only gets the stupid ones to agree.

I always respected Oprah, until she came out supporting Obama.

Don't celebrities get to support politicians like the rest of us? Why would you deem their fans "stupid" for agreeing with their opinions? Many celebrities are more informed than many Americans, while many more don't have a clue. But not all of them, for sure.

Aren't you a fan of Chuck Norris, Jon Voight and Ted Nugent?

Old 05-04-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Cher is quite ignorant.

She stopped maturing intellectually and emotionally when she split up with Sonny Bono.

20yrsinBranson
Snap out of it You forgot, she won an Oscar, AFTER she left Sonny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies