Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 04:35 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
And who has been unable to refute any of it... but has proven a pretty good source of excuses and diversions.
I have, multiple times.
No, you have provided links to huge volumes of data, studies, etc., and then waited for ME to look up your "proof" somewhere in that pile, apparently expecting ME to prove for you that YOU are right.

It's the typical dodge for a big-govt manmade-climate-change fanatic who can't find the proof himself (because it isn't there).
Quote:
Do you call them "little" when they try to hold a conversation with you?
No, I do that when they keep dodging the subject and/or offering excuses (as you do) instead of answering the question.

Quote:
If so, how does that work out for you?
Fine for me. But the leftist manmade-climate-change fanatic keeps looking like a fool.

Quote:
Our conversation has been one sided.
You can say that again. but as long as you and your ilk keep fibbing, ducking, dodging, and changing the subject, I'll keep pointing out that you are doing so, and keep bringing the conversation BACK to the subject. Sorry it looks "one-sided" to you.

Quote:
It's awfully...annoying to say the least.
Try reading your own links for a change... for what is not there, not just for what you think (or wish) is there.

Quote:
I do wish that city-data still had the block user feature but I can't seem to find it.
Look right next to the part of your links that actually prove a link between man's activities and climate change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 05:13 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
That's a hypothesis. Actually, that's just an opinion.
Scientifically, my theory is probably more verifiable than AGW.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:45 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,775,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Scientifically, my theory is probably more verifiable than AGW.
Considering that zero percent of scientists would agree that humans have an insignificant impact on the planet, I don't think you'd have a whole lot of support. And again, using the word "theory" to describe your opinion would probably anger the scientists further.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:23 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Considering that zero percent of scientists would agree that humans have an insignificant impact on the planet, I don't think you'd have a whole lot of support. And again, using the word "theory" to describe your opinion would probably anger the scientists further.
Zero? Not even one?

Old 05-14-2013, 06:25 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Theory does not equal fact. Theory is that humans are causing the earth to heat up.

Fact: the earth heats and cools periodically.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:29 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,775,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Zero? Not even one?
Ok, one.

Nice jazz hands.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I thought conservatives believed that nothing existed before humans.

??? See Book of Genesis.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:16 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Theory is that humans are causing the earth to heat up.

Reality: these claims are not mutually exclusive. Both can be true and the evidence shows that both are true.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:33 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Theory does not equal fact. Theory is that humans are causing the earth to heat up.

Science deals in theory. Maybe you want the "religious faith" section of the board.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:43 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Science deals in theory. Maybe you want the "religious faith" section of the board.
Actually, science deals in observations. The theories only come up in an attempt to explain those observations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies