Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 02:29 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times

Advertisements

First off, I am by no means a conservative. I prefer not to associate with any party.

Growing up, I actually thought liberalism meant tolerance, open-mindedness, and acceptance. But as I got older, I realized the exact opposite.

So in your opinion, do you think liberalism and tolerance are both different or quite the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 02:31 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
As a gay person I will tell you that I have found liberals to be far more tolerant of me and members of my community than conservatives.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:36 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
First off, I am by no means a conservative. I prefer not to associate with any party.

Growing up, I actually thought liberalism meant tolerance, open-mindedness, and acceptance. But as I got older, I realized the exact opposite.

So in your opinion, do you think liberalism and tolerance are both different or quite the same?
By the very name liberals are more open to change and tolerance. Conservatives resist change.
Of course the line can be fuzzy as people are more complicated than just liberal and conservative.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:39 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
In theory there shouldn't be much of a difference, in real world practice today there is a huge difference. Liberals today are some of the most intolerant and hateful people around who see no problem whatsoever using hate against those people who they disagree with politically.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:41 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Everyone has certain things they can stand and can't stand. It isn't a liberal or conservative issue, it's human.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:41 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:

For example?

Old 05-10-2013, 02:44 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
For example?
From what I've seen, liberals are extremely intolerant of those with different views. Like if one is against big government, then there comes the liberals all on the person.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:45 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Not all tolerance is good.

For instance, we should not tolerate rape, cannibalism, brainwashing, and dictatorship.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:46 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
From what I've seen, liberals are extremely intolerant of those with different views. Like if one is against big government, then there comes the liberals all on the person.
That is not intolerance. That is countering political bickering.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:54 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times
Quote:
[FONT=Arial]First off, I am by no means a conservative. I prefer not to associate with any party.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Growing up, I actually thought liberalism meant tolerance, open-mindedness, and acceptance. But as I got older, I realized the exact opposite.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]So in your opinion, do you think liberalism and tolerance are both different or quite the same?[/FONT]
Modern day "Liberals", aka "progressives" are the very opposite of tolerance. they are the most intollerant among us. However, the do attempt to use tolerance as a weapon with they demand that we, as a nation, tolerate the intoleragle, accept the unacceptable, trumpt, perversity etc., and if you object, YOU are intolerant. They reject tradidional American values as foul and evil, but that intolerance is good, i their minds. an to their eyes. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies