Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 09:05 PM

769 posts, read 1,008,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I just love watching the right squirm waiting for Obama to fail. They remind me of the guy waiting for his ex-wife to come back home. All the time she has remarried and moved on with her life. Even when his friends tell him to move on with his life he still thinks she is coming back. Obama will not be getting impeached no matter how hard you wish it upon him. You need to learn from the last election and prepare for the next. Based on what I have seen it's gonna take another defeat before the message is driven home.
This.

I agree basically 100%. The far-right is screaming and crying and attempting to make a huge commotion, but nothing will happen to Obama. Unless some major, severely damaging information emerges (which I HIGHLY doubt), then there isn't a chance in hell that Obama is being impeached. Be serious and come back to reality some of you. Some of these people just live in a seemingly farcical and fairy tale world with all of these crazy conspiracy theories. I think they need a hobby . Now, am I am saying Obama doesn't make mistakes or is without flaw? Absolutely not. No one is. Every president and every human being has messed up. Period.

The GOP is in deep doodie imho though. The economy is clearly recovering and growth is accelerating (IMF predicting 3-4% growth from next year on), unemployment is going down, the deficit is shrinking, the country is rapidly becoming more socially liberal in terms of gay marriage, soft drugs, etc. etc. Also, the GOP is completely out of touch with most people under 30 and cannot seem to attract minority voters for the life of them. Plus, with the demographic shift that we're experiencing it seems that they're doomed unless they fundamentally undergo some changes. Add in their blatant, pathetic, and childish obstructionism and their chances in 2016 seem very slim at this time as well. It's not looking too good for the GOP currently. And the only reason that they held the house in 2012 was because of gerrymandering. More people actually voted for D's than R's.

So, like I said, they're desperate imho, and I think that this is their latest, ridiculous thing. Oh well, all we non-wingnuts have to do is sit back and watch them self-destruct while we continue to lead our country.

Cheers to that amigos!

Last edited by CityLover9; 05-13-2013 at 09:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 09:12 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,555,269 times
Isn't it sad that, in their desperation to make Pres. Obama look like Pres. Bush (HA!) they are willing to take down the entire country to make his two terms look like the trainwreck that was his predecessor?

These people are truly sickening. All they know is their shrill, partisan hatred of anyone not part of their tribe.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:12 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,991,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
This.

I agree basically 100%. The far-right is screaming and crying and attempting to make a huge commotion, but nothing will happen to Obama. Unless some major, severely damaging information emerges (which I HIGHLY doubt), then there isn't a chance in hell that Obama is being impeached. Be serious and come back to reality some of you. Some of these people just live in a seemingly farcical and fairy tale world with all of these crazy conspiracy theories. I think they need a hobby . Now, am I am saying Obama doesn't make mistakes or is without flaw? Absolutely not. No one is. Every president and every human being has messed up. Period.

The GOP is in deep doodie imho though. The economy is clearly recovering and growth is accelerating (IMF predicting 3-4% growth from next year on), unemployment is going down, the deficit is shrinking, the country is rapidly becoming more socially liberal in terms of gay marriage, soft drugs, etc. etc. Also, the GOP is completely out of touch with most people under 30 and cannot seem to attract minority voters for the life of them. Plus, with the demographic shift that we're experiencing it seems that they're doomed unless they fundamentally undergo some changes. Add in their blatant, pathetic, and childish obstructionism and their chances in 2016 seem very slim at this time as well. It's not looking too good for the GOP currently. And the only reason that they held the house in 2012 was because of gerrymandering. More people actually voted for D's than R's.

So, like I said, they're desperate imho, and I think that this is their latest ridiculous thing. Oh well, all we non-wingnuts have to do is sit back and watch them self-destruct while we continue to lead our country.

Cheers to that amigos!
I find this so strange that you lefties love a lieing murder, that ran illegal guns into Mexico and has blood on his hands... Who knew.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
This.

So, like I said, they're desperate imho, and I think that this is their latest ridiculous thing. Oh well, all we non-wingnuts have to do is sit back and watch them self-destruct while we continue to lead our country.

Cheers to that amigos!
Can't agree more!

Old 05-13-2013, 09:18 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,346,781 times
Is it just me...

Yes.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:21 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,162,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I find this so strange that you lefties love a lieing murder, that ran illegal guns into Mexico and has blood on his hands... Who knew.
You forgot about him sending in Nation of Islam members to confiscate your guns and place you in a FEMA concentration camp before sending you before a death panel to decide your final fate.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:21 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,099,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
It just seems this administration is falling apart.
Never mistake wishful thinking for reality. You will just be disappointed.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:23 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,836,845 times
Don't watch much TV these days but I did watch a bit of Obama today. He has changed. Yes the administration is falling apart. Obama as a human being is functioning well beyond his capacity. He is like a small high rev engine that is running at maximum power...I don't think he can cut it. The nation needs a dynamo and all you have is a lawn more engine screaming at full throttle. Obama like all presidents has their hair grow grey very quickly. I would say he has given all he can give and there is no more left.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
You forgot about him sending in Nation of Islam members to confiscate your guns and place you in a FEMA concentration camp before sending you before a death panel to decide your final fate.
Don't tell him they are going to take his guns, he might go postal.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:27 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,677,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
How many times have these talking points been destroyed??
Ummm . . . zero.

What else ya got?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies