Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 02:06 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,869,043 times

Advertisements

Last Night we were at the White House on the anniversary of Nakba Day (The Palestinian Day of Catastrophe)
The very brutal occupation of Palestine must end.

The rest of my pics from last night can be seen at link below.

FREE FREE PALESTINE! - PHOTObyTED's Photos | SmugMug

Old 05-16-2013, 02:27 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,800,825 times
So do you want Israel to end the Occupation or be destroyed?

Are you one of those "Jews must live under Islamic Palestinian rule" people?

Sounds hypocritical to me..... Moving on.

*PS- I support Palestinians right to self determination and the return to the '67 borders but I don't support a "right of return". Technically then all Mexicans can pretty much say they have the right to live in the US because their "ancestors" came from here. You guys need to start taking responsibility over some of your own damn problems. Sheesh.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:23 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,556 times
there is no palestine ?

I cant find it on a map, can you show it to us ?

why does Israel have to be the one to help the squatters,
why cant people of like beliefs and heritage as the palestines help them ?

Old 05-16-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
there is no palestine ?

I cant find it on a map, can you show it to us ?

why does Israel have to be the one to help the squatters,
why cant people of like beliefs and heritage as the palestines help them ?
"why does Israel have to be the one to help the squatters"

The Israelis are the squatters, they are the ones taking over the homes of the Palestinians , bulldozing their homes in most cases, even killing people as they bulldoze such as American peace activist Rachel Corrie

Photostory: Israeli bulldozer driver murders American peace activist | The Electronic Intifada

"why cant people of like beliefs and heritage as the palestines help them"

Why do Christians both Catholic and Protestants fight World Wars against other Christians both Catholic and Protestants?

Last edited by ted08721; 05-16-2013 at 07:13 AM..

Old 05-16-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
You guys need to start taking responsibility over some of your own damn problems. Sheesh.
You guys???

I am not a Muslim and I am not from any Muslim country but I do share the same blue sky with the rest of humanity. Sheesh.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:22 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
You guys???

I am not a Muslim and I am not from any Muslim country but I do share the same blue sky with the rest of humanity. Sheesh.
Palestine is basically run by their own version of the military industrial complex.

Additionally, they've done a horrible job with international PR with things like Munich, hijackings etc.

If you look at history, the most effective struggles against a more powerful adversary have been Ghandi and then later Martin Luther King. I applaud your peaceful protest but it's like if MLK would have a peace march and then the next day holding an AK47 shouting death to America....you kinda lose the high-ground you are staking out.

Oh well, nothing will change there given the powers that be and the approaches being taken....and if you think Europe will do anything....they wouldn't even save the muslims being slaughtered on their own continent until Clinton stepped in.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:26 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
You guys???

You don't have to be Muslim to be anti-Israel. I'm sure many neo-Nazis and othes are too, you know.

Or perhaps he just meant the misguided, feigned outrage folks who need to go back and look at events from around 50 years ago over there, up to recent terrorist acts there, as the "you guys."

Old 05-16-2013, 07:29 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
1. Palestineans and everyone else must recognize Israel's right to exist and cease attacks on Israel.
2. Israel then should stop it's crimes against humanity directed toward the Palestineans and the Palestineans should have guarantees of a homeland and that they and the homeland are not continually attacked by Israel.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:30 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,771 times
The biggest problems Palestinians have are foreign intervention & the Palestinians themselves. Israel is no angel, but foreign intervention has set those poor people up to be pawns of a larger game. Also, (secondly), the division & strife within "Palestine" will neither allow them to unify with one purpose, nor to have an Independent state. As for Israel, if we really want to pressure Israel to turn back the clock, then Canada and the United States need to lead by example and start evacuating Native American lands. Yep - that ain't gonna' happen either. It ain't right, but it is what it is. The Palestinian people are a conquered people.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:40 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
It is true that Israel should stop building settlements. A two state solution is the only realistic solution to this bad situation.

It is also true that the Palestinians haven't exactly done enough to show that they can run their own, working state, side by side with Israel. Having a terrorist organization as your shadow government can make people leery of handing over the keys.

It is further true that the Palestinians have/had a homeland called Transjordan.... all of it, of course, being a made up entity after the breakup of the Ottoman Empire following WW1:

F L A M E : Jordan: Is it or is it not Palestine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies