Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 01:52 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If a Thief reports another thief for theft, that makes it no less valid. Some might even say that it takes one to know one.
In this case Obama has a chronic issue with mishaps on his watch with very little accountability. Is he lying?
If not his legacy will be the President who always seemed to not know what was going on.
I disagree with this comment.
Mishaps by Obama are splashed everywhere, yet egregious crimes against humanity by the Bush administration are forgotten. See Abu Graib, Gitmo, waterboarding.

The Rs are playing the same tax spending game of making mountains out of molehills while ignoring and subverting the work of government.

You may recall Mitch McConnell's goal to make Obama fail, no matter what the cost to the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 02:44 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
How blind are you? Vindicated based on what, the emails that they chose to release?? Who vindicated them - YOU???

I don't get how you and everyone else thinks that the Obama administration is above lying and deceit. You all act as if Obama and Company is a modern day re-enactment of the Last Supper with Obama sitting in the middle with a jug of kook-aid on the table.

You are getting screwed over and over and you aren't even getting kissed.
Sorry, some reporter getting his phone records examined, or some guy,leaking confidential info, has nothing to do with me. And the CIA releasing a preliminary report, does not effect me. I know full well that any administration will control what info gets out. As far as I care, that's fine, so long as they do it for a legitimate reason, which in this case is what happened.

Here's what you don't get. I expect the Administration to lie. I fully expect them to cover up classified info, and expect that the president will only mouth things that are known, and that they want us to know. That's what they're supposed to do. It's what anyone with a clearance should do. They are all tasked with protecting the US, above all else. They all know that a "leak" is a criminal offense. And so, they all should know to lie to the press f need be, in Ryder to make sure that important info does not fall into enemy hands.

You guys don't understand the game.

But in any case, there's no evidence that Obama, or any of his appointees, actually lied here. That's a major problem for the theories.

Quote:
Conducting a war against actual enemies? When was the last time that happened? WW I, WW II, the Korean war, when the mission was to actually protect our country and kill the enemy? Today a war against actual enemies means winning their hearts and minds, play nice, nation build, turn the other cheek, give them money, give them weapons to use against us. Vietnam was a "just" war, but we didn't pander to the enemy. Is that really warring against our actual enemies?? All we do now is overthrow governments only to create and support a government worse that the one overthrown or put the enemy in government, invade countries and support the enemy, whoever that is at the time and depending on the circumstances.
An irrelevant rant.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:51 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Up next: Dick Cheney gives a lesson on gun safety.
LMAO...I busted a gut when I read this^^^.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:04 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Mishaps by Obama are splashed everywhere, yet egregious crimes against humanity by the Bush administration are forgotten. See Abu Graib, Gitmo, waterboarding.

The Rs are playing the same tax spending game of making mountains out of molehills while ignoring and subverting the work of government.

You may recall Mitch McConnell's goal to make Obama fail, no matter what the cost to the US.
I'm prepared to give Obama and his Chicago gangster and union-goon cronies just as much sympathy as the Watergate-era lynch mob showed to Richard Nixon. But I don't think our current President has the backbone to bear up under the scrutiny anywhere near as well.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-17-2013 at 04:57 AM..

Old 05-17-2013, 04:17 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Very little in this world would make me happier than to see Rumsfeld and Cheney in a jail cell...

...with Obama, Hillary, and Holder as their cellmates.

Five psychopathic criminals. Living happy after after.
Alleged. You already have them convicted. duh.

REBELYELL?

Old 05-17-2013, 04:49 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Here's what you don't get. I expect the Administration to lie. I fully expect them to cover up classified info, and expect that the president will only mouth things that are known, and that they want us to know. That's what they're supposed to do. It's what anyone with a clearance should do. They are all tasked with protecting the US, above all else. They all know that a "leak" is a criminal offense. And so, they all should know to lie to the press f need be, in Ryder to make sure that important info does not fall into enemy hands.

You guys don't understand the game.

But in any case, there's no evidence that Obama, or any of his appointees, actually lied here. That's a major problem for the theories.

An irrelevant rant.
Go back and read your own post where you bring it up. Again you bring up the "enemy". Who is the enemy? When I hear the word "enemy" I think about those that we are fighting against in the guise of War on Terorism. I think of those who want to destroy this country and that would be Obama and Company.

Is the investigation over? I haven't read anything to the effect that Obama was "vindicated", except from you..

Oh, we understand the game alright. We also understand how this administration has changed the rules and the only criminals are those that oppose them. Unfortunately, in spite of you thinking that you seem to be one of the few who does understand it, you still leave yourself open to believe what you are told to believe.

Lie, if need be. What do you call someone who is a habitual liar and lies for the sake of lying?

Last edited by softblueyz; 05-17-2013 at 04:58 AM..

Old 05-17-2013, 04:50 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
To hear people like Dick Cheney say that this was "one of worst instances of his career" in "covering up" and "lying" about what happened in Benghazi, and Donald Rumsfeld accused the President of a "false narrative" in its explanation really reveals what a couple pathological liars and sociopaths are capable of believing, and considering they caused hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi's, and tens of thousands of Americans to be killed or wounded due to their LIES, it is fairly reprehensible.

Start the impeachment proceedings against Pres. Obama as soon as these two clowns are in orange jumpsuits and sitting in a cell in GITMO. Do we still waterboard our prisoners?

The Victorious GOP - Everyone But Rumsfeld & Cheney - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 05/15/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Wow, what a set of cojones these guys have.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:11 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
To say that this administration has a problem with "controversy" or in "lying" , in comparison to that previous administration which was built on a foundation of lies, from the stolen election punted to the Supreme Court, which appointed George W. Bush as President, to the daily lies about Iraq and the extreme incompetence which allowed 9/11 to happen, the Republicans have shown time and again they have ZERO credibility to begin with.

That is why all this talk about this being the "worst" thing they have ever seen, after 8 years of the neocons, shows they are still as delusional today as they were over 10 years ago.

Charles Krauthammer recommended restraint, and not over reacting to the alleged Benghazi scandal, yet Republicans are lining up like shooting gallery ducks to hyperventilate about their accusations. Like a broken clock, this time Krauthammer was right.

Republican credibility = 0.
So you blame Bush for Obamas lies....lol

Old 05-17-2013, 06:02 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
I'm prepared to give Obama and his Chicago gangster and union-goon cronies ...
blather blather blather.

Don't waste your breath.
I quit reading after your ridiculous description, before the end of the first sentence.
If you can't be sane, why should I read your posts?

Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Default You're more than a little confused.

Quote:
To hear people like Dick Cheney say that this was "one of worst instances of his career" in "covering up" and "lying" about what happened in Benghazi, and Donald Rumsfeld accused the President of a "false narrative" in its explanation really reveals what a couple pathological liars and sociopaths are capable of believing, and considering they caused hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi's, and tens of thousands of Americans to be killed or wounded due to their LIES, it is fairly reprehensible.

Start the impeachment proceedings against Pres. Obama as soon as these two clowns are in orange jumpsuits and sitting in a cell in GITMO. Do we still waterboard our prisoners?
Cheney and Rumsfeld are not the liars here. We have clear evidence of this administrations attempts to cover up the mishandling of the terrorist attack on Benghazi, even blaming the attack on an obscure video that no one had seen, and continuing to blame it on this video for at least a week after, and altering talking points over and over again in order to hide the truth.

Obama's failure to act (refusal to act) in an emergency resulted in the death of four Americans. Calls for his impeachment and removal from office are justified.

How many people have died as a result of Barack Obama's enabling and facilitating the terrorist Muslim Brotherhood's rise to power? Not only has Barack Obama undone much of what the US has accomplished over many years in the Middle East, he has placed the US in much more danger than we were at the end of the Bush administration.

Rumsfeld and Cheney are men of honor. Obama is an incompetent ass and a coward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies