Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 03:17 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Conservatives often want the gov't to profile Muslims because they think they are more likely to cause mischeif on issues of national security. Now when the gov't profiles groups more likely to cheat on taxes, they are outraged to the high heavens!
Oh is that the issue. Ok, lets go with your accusation. No sense going after the 47% right, no money to be had there, either you are on some form of government dole or government already sucked you dry?

The extent that liberals will go to defending Obama is utterly amazing. If the debate is about A, they debate with B,C,D. If the debate is Z, liberals will try debating C,D,F.

Obama just did it yesterday, they asked Obama if anyone in the left wing knew about the IRS and Obama goes off on tangent about something else. He never did answer the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 03:20 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
The tea party and such groups don't represent the average American. On the contrary, the represent some of what is wrong with the country. They're asking for special tax treatment to carry-out their anti-American political activities while the rest of us, the real Americans, not to have the same advantage. All such groups, no matter their political propaganda should be subjected to close investigation. If the American Red Cross and United Way have to comply with the laws, why shouldn't these anti-American groups?

Old 05-17-2013, 03:23 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
This is an example of debating with a liberal:

Obama ducked a question about whether he or anyone at the White House had known about the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups.

Obama responded: Let me make sure that I answer your specific question. I can assure you that I certainly did not know anything about the IG report before the IG report had been leaked through the press.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:23 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The tea party and such groups don't represent the average American. On the contrary, the represent some of what is wrong with the country. They're asking for special tax treatment to carry-out their anti-American political activities while the rest of us, the real Americans, not to have the same advantage. All such groups, no matter their political propaganda should be subjected to close investigation. If the American Red Cross and United Way have to comply with the laws, why shouldn't these anti-American groups?
LMFAO.....you...the real-American? Your killing me.....roflmao.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:25 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
That's fine. But it wasn't just the IRS investigating organizations that apply for tax-exempt status. It was the IRS using its abusive power to require tax audits in excess, of people who were known to support certain anti-progressive agendas.

Living here in NC, we hear about how Billy Graham's organization was audited two years in a row, after they voiced their pro-life opinion. If you listen to anyone other than the liberal cable talking heads, you'll hear of incidents over and over where people were targeted with audits, not just once, but several years in a row.

Anyone who sees this happening in our country and thinks it's not serious, that it'll blow over, that the IRS ought to control the healthcare system, well, they've got to be a little insane. JMHO of course!

best,
toodie
The tax audit assertion is in no way proven, and so far, you have a handful of people saying it happened to them. Five or six anecdotes does not prove a systemic bias. Not by any reasonable person's understanding.

Best to you, too.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Oh is this going to be like the race card and the Bush card. Ok, you want people to call for impeachment, lets do it then.
Funny, race and Bush weren't mentioned in any of my posts. And you, my dear, were the one that said that the only mention of impeachment you heard was from a liberal news organization. When I show that that statement was a complete sham, you are ready to call for impeachment. Guess you didn't fall far from the apple cart, eh?

Old 05-17-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
This is an example of debating with a liberal:

Obama ducked a question about whether he or anyone at the White House had known about the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups.

Obama responded: Let me make sure that I answer your specific question. I can assure you that I certainly did not know anything about the IG report before the IG report had been leaked through the press.
What do you think the IG report was about?

When was the IG report leaked?

Did this so-called scandal come to your attention before or after the IG report was leaked?

Old 05-17-2013, 03:42 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
And you're comfortable with that?

Government so big, that there can be a rogue agency running amok for years and nobody knows?

If your not comfortable with incompetent govt, prepare for anarchy.

Don't know of any other solution

Old 05-17-2013, 03:52 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale
You are correct!

We are far superior to the "average American".

We know our rights, we understand the constitution, we understand the tyranny of government (which is on display at this very moment), we understand that our freedoms are only one or two election cycles from extinction.

You're damned right we're not average.....not by a long shot
Are you saying that the average American is dumb?

Old 05-17-2013, 03:54 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Correct,.....they are a cut above the average liberal democrat.

They are real Americans.
Good one sol11! +1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies