Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 01:42 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
Wow talk about low information...

The song was Barack the Magic Negro which satirized this article by black liberal David Ehrenstein which accused Obama of being a "Magic Negro".

Obama the 'Magic Negro' - latimes.com

Colbert/Stewart do this to conservative opinion blowhards all the time, but I guess making fun of your ideological opponents is only acceptable when your target is conservative.
So Limbaugh's defense is that a Black person called him a negro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 04:36 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Rush Limbaugh's peak of influence was during the Clinton years. He is pretty much irrelevant today. The conservative talk radio hosts with the most influence are Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin.

According to Obama, Rush has strong influence. So much so that he can't get anything done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why or how, you made a direct quote...you know, that is why you use quotes...to provide a direct link to what the person said.

I did, called you on it and now you are back peddling faster than most lefties....

LOL...your lawn...keep with your own posting...you stated WITH QUOTES that Rush called people stupid...show me that...

Facts are provable...you cannot provide nothing more than your opinion...that is not a fact.

You are right, however, Rush called NO ONE stupid, as you stated....he hangs up on stupidity all the time......

[b]

Again, nothing to back up your "stupid" claim....

Dear drama queen.

#1 I am not a "leftie".

#2 This is what he was doing when I was listening: Daily Kos: Why Rush Refuses to Debate Liberals

Old 05-20-2013, 04:41 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
thats obama's opinion.
obamas not well known for being an intelligent thinker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am not really a Rush Limbaugh fan, I think he is an intellectual coward, but Obama told donors that the reason that he can't get anything done is because of.....Rush Limbaugh.

"And I genuinely believe that there are actually Republicans out there who would like to work with us but they’re fearful of their base and they’re concerned about what Rush Limbaugh might say about them, and as a consequence, we get the kind of gridlock that makes people cynical about government and inhibits our progress."

Rush Limbaugh is so powerful he by himself forces the Republican party to do his bidding. Obama's charisma and hands on approach to government can't overcome the power of this radio host.

In terms of DC power: Rush > Obama

Obama: It's Rush Limbaugh's Fault I Can't Get Anything Done! | Independent Journal Review

Old 05-20-2013, 04:43 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
It was a funny song. The LA Times was the source yet funny how they weren't attacked over it but Rush was. And he knew it would be like that, which is why he had the song in the first place.

The joke is on the media and liberals. He purposely aims to tweak you people. You all make it so obvious to know how you'll react to.something. Illustrating the absurd using absurdity is a part of his gig too. But it goes right over your heads.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:52 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
In the spirit of doing what is best for the country, Mr Limbaugh has offered a proposal. Let's see if BO accepts it.

Rush to the President: Let's Talk It Out - The Rush Limbaugh Show
Rush is an intellectual midget. (but I love the way he drives lefties nuts!)

obama would eat his lunch.

Now, place obama against Ted Cruz and you'll see obama feign a heart attack to get out of it!

Old 05-20-2013, 04:56 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Rush is an intellectual midget. (but I love the way he drives lefties nuts!)

obama would eat his lunch.

Now, place obama against Ted Cruz and you'll see obama feign a heart attack to get out of it!
Eh, I doubt it. Obama isn't as bright as everyone makes him out to be. In a battle and debate of ideas, against a true conservative like Rush, he'd lose. Real conservatism, not establishment phonies, will beat out liberalism any time in debate of ideas.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Eh, I doubt it. Obama isn't as bright as everyone makes him out to be. In a battle and debate of ideas, against a true conservative like Rush, he'd lose. Real conservatism, not establishment phonies, will beat out liberalism any time in debate of ideas.
I stopped listening to Rush about three years ago when it became obvious to me that he was incapable of defending his arguments even against average callers.

Yet, he still scares the hell out of lefties.

Hilarious!

Old 05-20-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
No.

He was pointing out the hypocrisy of the left......the leftie LA Times writer said "magic Negro" without backlash......the second that a conservative says the same thing, lefties become outraged!

Old 05-20-2013, 05:10 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
O is such a girly man.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:19 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am not really a Rush Limbaugh fan, I think he is an intellectual coward, but Obama told donors that the reason that he can't get anything done is because of.....Rush Limbaugh.

"And I genuinely believe that there are actually Republicans out there who would like to work with us but they’re fearful of their base and they’re concerned about what Rush Limbaugh might say about them, and as a consequence, we get the kind of gridlock that makes people cynical about government and inhibits our progress."

Rush Limbaugh is so powerful he by himself forces the Republican party to do his bidding. Obama's charisma and hands on approach to government can't overcome the power of this radio host.

In terms of DC power: Rush > Obama

Obama: It's Rush Limbaugh's Fault I Can't Get Anything Done! | Independent Journal Review
We are stuck with Obama, like it or not, but for anyone, the Pres. on down, to think Rush is that important is scary. He an entertainer, no more, no less, just like Chris Matthews, Hannity or a dozen others, just a little more followed maybe. To think a Pres would think and they say, it is someone like Rush's fault for anything indicates to me, what I have thought all the way along, this guy is about as thin skinned as a 95 year old woman. Talk about not being able to grow up and stop blaming everyone else. I guess we know what his grandma and granddaddy taught him?

Last edited by nmnita; 05-20-2013 at 05:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies