Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 09:12 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
European's wanted to add warning labels to WiFI and cell

FDA banned silicon breast implants, only to say "whoops" years later as the parade of horrible turned out not to be true

The only difference in our views is that you assume this is bad. . .and I have looked into it. . and haven't found a credible risk (other than super weeds). You cherry pick articles. . .I pass articles from people like "local natural r us"

Every piece of modified food is completely different. It isn't like cigs. . .where they all have the same impact, same risks, etc. These foods have huge potential to feed this planet, increase nutrition, and reduce allergies. . .just as pharmaceutical drugs have improved our well being and life expectancy

Its not impossible that someone would do something bad to a plant and have a bad /adverse reaction. Yet if you look deeply you will find it hasn't happened yet. . .

Nature modifies the genetics of plans all the time. . .

though I don't care if you label it. . .only the granola type read that label anyway (take it from someone who works in CPG).
Well I don't have much faith in pharmaceutical drugs either. In fact, that entire industry reeks.
I also wouldn't be surprised if cell-phones are not as safe as we currently think they are.

My only problem with GMOs is putting people with direct ties to Monsanto into positions of power in the FDA.

If their products are so healthy, why do they need to bribe our Government to say so?
If their products are so safe why do they need to control research?
Why do they put clauses in studies that prevent the release of information if it is unfavorable for the corporation?
Why are they aggressively fighting labels?

Why did they need the "Monsanto Protection Act" passed by our slimy politicians if they don't fear what their products can do to the consumer? In fact, how were they able to write their own bill and have it swiftly passed when our leeching politicians seemingly agree on nothing?

Monsanto can produce and eat as many GMO's as they wish but KEEP OUT OF OUR FDA AND GOVERNMENT.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 05-24-2013 at 09:37 AM..

Old 05-24-2013, 09:18 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,237 times
Exclamation Thank you CLAUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
God bless these people! This issue can no longer be ignored. The 99% will be heard.

SEATTLE (May 1, 2013) - March Against Monsanto hasannounced that on May 25, tens of thousands of activists around the world will “March Against Monsanto.” Currently, marches are being planned on six continents, in 33 countries, totaling events in over 250 cities, and in the US, events are slated to occur simultaneously at 11 a.m. Pacific in 47 states.

GMO Free USA | Harnessing education, advocacy, and bold action to foster consumer rejection of genetically modified organisms.

Kellogg contributed almost $800,000 to a deceptive advertising campaign that defeated Prop. 37, which would have required the labeling of genetically engineered foods in California. This company does not support transparency or truth in labeling and has no regard for the health and safety of consumers who buy their products.

WE ARE RAMPING UP… LET’S TURN UP THE HEAT!

Thank you for starting this thread!

Say NO to GMO's! Say NO to Monsanto!

Old 05-24-2013, 09:20 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Well I don't have much faith in pharmaceutical drugs either. In fact, that entire industry reeks.
I also wouldn't be surprised if cell-phones are not as safe as we think they are.

My only problem with GMOs is putting people with direct ties to Monsanto into positions of power in the FDA.

If their products are so healthy, why do they need to bribe our Government to say so?
If their products are so safe why do they need to control research?
Why do they put clauses in studies that prevent the release of information if it is unfavorable for the corporation?
Why are they aggressively fighting labels?

Monsanto can produce and eat as many GMO's as they wish but KEEP OUT OF OUR FDA AND GOVERNMENT.
A long time ago, gmo was touted as the solution to feed the world.
We have millions still starving and the only thing being feed is Monsanto and politicians coffers.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
A long time ago, gmo was touted as the solution to feed the world.
We have millions still starving and the only thing being feed is Monsanto and politicians coffers.
Exactly! It is a nice intention and good way to get people to side with GMO's, but unfortunately something tells me the maker of Agent Orange does not care about world hunger.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:26 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Even those who doubt claims about GMOs being bad (and there is legitimate reason for doubt) should object to Monsanto's IP tyranny, gangsterism, and intimidation of those in their way, and the practices they use against their enemies. They are a mafia

Old 05-24-2013, 09:28 AM

Lightbulb Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Even those who doubt claims about GMOs being bad (and there is legitimate reason for doubt) should object to Monsanto's IP tyranny, gangsterism, and intimidation of those in their way, and the practices they use against their enemies. They are a mafia

Exactly, I agree with you! Thank you!

Old 05-24-2013, 09:45 AM

Thumbs up Thanks for posting this video! EXCELLENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
We are one giant science experiment. Very disturbing that so few people really CARE. Well by the time the majority of ignorant Americans wake up, it will be too late.

Watch this one:

Seeds of Death: Unveiling The Lies of GMO's - Full Movie - YouTube

This video is very helpful, informative I learned a lot.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Last edited by countrylv22; 05-24-2013 at 10:00 AM..

Old 05-24-2013, 09:50 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Why would I march against Monsanto?

Old 05-24-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Why would I march against Monsanto?
Is that you Michael Taylor?

Old 05-24-2013, 09:58 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Is that you Michael Taylor?
I don't even know who that is. I'll ask again though; why should I march against Monsanto?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies