Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of Chris Christie
I self-identify as a Republican and have a Favorable Opinion of him 13 12.38%
I self-identify as a Democrat and have a Favorable Opinion of him 14 13.33%
I self-identify as an Independent and have a Favorable Opinion of him 27 25.71%
I self-identify as a Republican and have a Neutral Opinion of him 5 4.76%
I self-identify as a Democrat and have a Neutral Opinion of him 10 9.52%
I self-identify as an Independent and have a Neutral Opinion of him 13 12.38%
I self-identify as a Republican and have an Unfavorable Opinion of him 11 10.48%
I self-identify as a Democrat and have an Unfavorable Opinion of him 3 2.86%
I self-identify as an Independent and have an Unfavorable Opinion of him 9 8.57%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 09:14 PM

6,265 posts, read 5,078,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
refreshing change from the rest of the right.

he also got a lot of heat for appointing a muslim judge, the right is only ok with white male conservative judges.
No, we're OK with black male and female conservative judges as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 09:23 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,747,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
I think the idea of democracy is to do your own research, and, as an individual, fill out your ballot based upon what YOU feel is best for your country.

Just a thought...
Of course that is what we should do. Although I doubt many of Obama's voters knew much more than he is the black guy... and then they call others racist for opposing Obama on his beliefs.

Why would I want to vote for Christie? Because he isn't as bad as that lying POS Hillary? He is another big government NE liberal. No thank you.

I think the left is pushing the idea that Christie is the logical choice to be the Republican Party nominee. This is what they did with McCain. There are much better choices than Chris Christie.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:30 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,747,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
The Dems, the Unions, they HATE Christie, and fear him as a candidate. Unlike whining SOB's like a Perry, that hate government support and whine incessantly to get it, He goes through channels to get it. He cut pension costs, rolled back taxes, cut expenses. He got the job done in a state where it was impossible to do anything right.

So a few whiney Republicans hear all of their stooges online and on radio and TV, and form an opinion based on pundit's reaction to a speech or shaking a guy's hand.

It just shows the extremely low level intelligence in the party. Lazy, pure lazy voters. Virtually every former conservative politician says this daily. They don't need your lazy votes anymore, so they speak their minds. The fact that you can't stand someone that actually speaks their mind and stands on their own two feet, speaks volumes about you, not Christie.

The lack of intelligence and understanding amongst many of those that claim to be knee-jerk conservatives is staggering. Which is how a very unpopular president with a high unemployment rate got re-elected. So while many have learned to use the term RINO, they have absolutely no idea whatsoever what Republican stands for. Most of the entire cabinets and administrations of the former Republican Presidents have decided you guys are just nuts.
Yes... Christie did well at taking on the unions. I applauded him for that.

As for what a bunch of big government DC insiders want.... I don't care.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:34 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,400,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Of course that is what we should do. Although I doubt many of Obama's voters knew much more than he is the black guy... and then they call others racist for opposing Obama on his beliefs.

Why would I want to vote for Christie? Because he isn't as bad as that lying POS Hillary? He is another big government NE liberal. No thank you.

I think the left is pushing the idea that Christie is the logical choice to be the Republican Party nominee. This is what they did with McCain. There are much better choices than Chris Christie.
Usually, that kind of statement is followed by a list of names.......

Old 05-29-2013, 09:35 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,173,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
This is what they did with McCain. There are much better choices than Chris Christie.
Given their recent past, they haven't been able to find any candidates that aren't assclowns. You hopes might be too high. We do need a solid republican candidate.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:54 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,495,372 times
All politics is local. Chris Christie plays well in New Jersey, would be a fail in say Alabama or Massachusetts. Like Rudy in New York, he has a base but not what it takes to go national.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:30 PM

364 posts, read 620,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Yes, America hasn't had a fat president since William Howard Taft and look how that turned out...
Why does his weight matter? America wants Race, ethnicity and religion to be equal, But not weight? Equality!

#starwars

Old 06-02-2013, 10:56 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,775,353 times
Kind of funny to watch the implosion of the GOP in real time.

Unless the candidate is a genuine partisan wing nut, they are a RINO!!!!

Do you seriously think that the country wants or needs someone like Bachmann or Santorum or Palin? There is just no friggin way we are going for that. Although she is a CPAC darling, Palin sunk McCain faster than a 20 ton iceberg. But someone with some broad-based appeal is not even welcome on the party anymore. Pretty unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies