Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 09:22 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombocom View Post
You mean like Germany, with it's very strong export based economy?

A couple extra days off won't kill our productivity - in fact, Americans are some of the least productive workers on an hourly basis - know why? Because the more you work, the less productive you become.

LMFAO, yeah.....the USAtard is just like Germany.

Germany has some of the smartest people in the world...and has a lot less 3rd world dreck when compared to the US Of Retardistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 09:40 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTVisit View Post
Why is it that the United States government do not mandate 4-6 week paid vacation and long maternity/paternity leave like Europe and other western nations? It is very sad that large corporates have brainwashed the government and take over America

Cousins in Europe all get 5 weeks off + paid holidays/sick days. I'm jealous!

Germany, Austria, Norway, Denmark, Switzerland and certain other nations have still lower unemployment rate than us while giving all of these great benefits = higher quality of life.
Get a job as a publik school teacher. You only work 180 days compared to most people's 270 and you still run around telling everyone how "difficult" your work is. You never have to work a weekend or after 3:30pm either.

You also get to whine about how you are "underpaid" while lounging by the pool in July drinking a martini.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:43 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,238 times
[quote=zombocom;29907667]You mean like Germany, with it's very strong export based economy?

A couple extra days off won't kill our productivity - in fact, Americans are some of the least productive workers on an hourly basis - know why? Because the more you work, the less productive you become.[/quote]

We should just tell everyone to quit working and stay home then. We would be super productive according to zombocom "logic."

Old 06-06-2013, 10:37 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,072,494 times
[quote=OhioRules;29909211]
Quote:
You mean like Germany, with it's very strong export based economy?

A couple extra days off won't kill our productivity - in fact, Americans are some of the least productive workers on an hourly basis - know why? Because the more you work, the less productive you become.[/quote]

We should just tell everyone to quit working and stay home then. We would be super productive according to zombocom "logic."
You know what I meant, but I certainly won't reject your indirect admission that I am right.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:25 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Euro unemployment has always been much higher than in the US. From 1990 to 2008 the US averaged 5.5 pct, while Europe was at 8.4 pct.
http://cafehayek.com/2010/02/u-s-une...mployment.html

After 2008 Pres Obama undertook to move us in the euro direction, and guess what, after the crash of 2008, the job market did not rebound as it has after past crashes. U6 unemployment has barely improved during the "recovery." It is still close to double what it was in pre-crash years.
Portal Seven | U6 Unemployment Rate

Still EU unemployment rate is currently about 11 pct, while the US rate is 7.5.

Last edited by wutitiz; 06-06-2013 at 11:43 PM..

Old 06-06-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Euro unemployment has always been much higher than in the US. From 1990 to 2008 the US averaged 5.5 pct, while Europe was at 8.8 pct.
http://cafehayek.com/2010/02/u-s-une...mployment.html

After 2008 Pres Obama undertook to move us in the euro direction, and guess what, after the crash of 2008, the job market did not rebound as it has after past crashes. U6 unemployment has barely improved during the "recovery." It is still close to double what it was in pre-crash years.
Portal Seven | U6 Unemployment Rate

Still EU unemployment rate is currently about 11 pct, while the US rate is 7.5.
Indeed, but employment rates vary widely across Europe - however, generous vacation days is common to all. As such, I think it's safe to conclude that a few days off a year will not destroy an economy.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:45 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
I got a month off of paid paternity leave, and get 5 weeks of paid time off / year. Maybe you just need a better job or to work for a better company instead of looking for government to give you more.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
I got a month off of paid paternity leave, and get 5 weeks of paid time off / year. Maybe you just need a better job or to work for a better company instead of looking for government to give you more.
Good idea - everyone should just get good jobs.

Thank you for solving this problem, Haakon - I can see why you make the big bucks!

Old 06-06-2013, 11:57 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Indeed, but employment rates vary widely across Europe - however, generous vacation days is common to all. As such, I think it's safe to conclude that a few days off a year will not destroy an economy.
I don't think anybody said that it would "destroy" the economy. But it is also safe to conclude that on average, it will yield higher unemployment rates.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I don't think anybody said that it would "destroy" the economy. But it is also safe to conclude that on average, it will yield higher unemployment rates.
Why? unemployment rates vary widely across Europe, what makes you think that a few weeks of vacation will increase unemployment rates when so many nations with much more generous vacation days than us have lower unemployment rates than us? Seems like you're cherry picking...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies