Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 07:04 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech
Why not quote the actual Fed report instead of the biased Washington Examiner? I suspect the article cherry picked.

Anyway, read Paul Krugman today in the Times and he agrees the recovery is weak.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/10/op...g.html?hp&_r=0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So even Paul Krugman says you're "ra ra, the economy is great" bs you've been posting for years is a lie...
If that's what you take away from what I write here, you haven't been paying attention. I have consistently said that the economy is in a slow recovery and could have been in a faster one if government policy wasn't so timid. In that, Dr. Krugman and I agree fully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Pushing the propagandist Krugman again?

How pathetic.
That "propaganda" is called facts and coherent argument, something foreign to your viewpoint. I do realize you must resort to name-calling as you can't counter any of the points Dr. Krugman states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 07:10 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Portal Seven | U6 Unemployment Rate
U6 unemployment is down to 13.9, from the peak of 17.1 in late 2009. That's a small drop, and still around 5-6 pts. higher than prior to the crash. If this is the new normal, we are clearly doing something wrong.
No, we just have a long way to go, and it doesn't help unemployment with the amount of public jobs were shed at the local, state, and federal level.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:48 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Obama recovery the weakest recovery since the Great Depression

Bush recession worst since 1929.

duh!

Old 06-10-2013, 08:09 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
I've come to the conclusion that Obama's supporters are pushing the "Recovery is going to take a really long time" spiel because they actually realize that his policies aren't going to help the economy. When the economy actually does turn around - which won't be until someone who understands sound economic policy attains the White House - they'll start with the "We're seeing the aftereffects of Obama's policies, we told you he would fix it" spiel.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:53 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Bush recession worst since 1929.

duh!

Na, the moonbat league owns this one. Go peddle your B.S. on another forum.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:02 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Na, the moonbat league owns this one. Go peddle your B.S. on another forum.

Conservo denial...

The lowest form of the art.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:03 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I've come to the conclusion that Obama's supporters are pushing the "Recovery is going to take a really long time" spiel because they actually realize that his policies aren't going to help the economy. When the economy actually does turn around - which won't be until someone who understands sound economic policy attains the White House - they'll start with the "We're seeing the aftereffects of Obama's policies, we told you he would fix it" spiel.
Except that it is not HIS policies that aren't working. It's the policies of his detractors that are t working. Remember, the GOP stood in the way of every expansionary measure and instead proposed austerity, that everyone reasonable has conceded was a failure.

Obama's jobs bill: held up by the republicans,
Stimulus: made smaller and much converted to tax-cuts.

In an act of chusbah, the GOP stands in the way and then complains that the recovery is slow.

Economists like Paul Krugman were telling us right after the mild stimulus passed that the result was going to be a sow recovery and if we wanted faster results we would need more spending.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
If that's what you take away from what I write here, you haven't been paying attention. I have consistently said that the economy is in a slow recovery and could have been in a faster one if government policy wasn't so timid. In that, Dr. Krugman and I agree fully.
I'm waiting for you kooks to list for me a town that has turned around due to all of the welfare spending..

Old 06-10-2013, 02:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Conservo denial...

The lowest form of the art.

Considering Democrats in Congress though the economy was so great, that it would cushion an increase in minimum wage, then clearly the whole collapse took place under a Democratic Congress..

List for me the policies put into place to minimize damages..

Old 06-10-2013, 02:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Except that it is not HIS policies that aren't working. It's the policies of his detractors that are t working. Remember, the GOP stood in the way of every expansionary measure and instead proposed austerity, that everyone reasonable has conceded was a failure.

Obama's jobs bill: held up by the republicans,
Stimulus: made smaller and much converted to tax-cuts.

In an act of chusbah, the GOP stands in the way and then complains that the recovery is slow.

Economists like Paul Krugman were telling us right after the mild stimulus passed that the result was going to be a sow recovery and if we wanted faster results we would need more spending.
Democrats also squashed the American Jobs bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The left squashed job bills as well. Anyone remember Obama's Job Bill? Yeah many Democrats, (let me repeat DEMOCRATS) said the bill was second stimulus and offered too many tax breaks.

New York Times: Some Democrats Are Balking at Obama's Jobs Bill
Mediaite: As Republicans Approach the Ropes on Jobs Bill, Democrats Reach for the Towel
The Hill: Obama's Jobs Plan Blocked in Senate

As for recent ones, Republicans AND Democrats are both against each other yet again. Democratic Jobs Bill Goes Down - NationalJournal.com What America needs is compromise. As much as people claim Republicans don't, let's be fair to the left as well.
I posted this in this thread a few pages back the last time someone said oh it's the right's fault for austerity. The issue is the left have some good ideas mixed with bad ideas that are thrown away because of Republican opposition and the same way with Republican measures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies